Public transport should be FREE!

Butterscotch

With public transport supporting jobs, health and education in so many nations it should be the governments reponsability to provid a FREE service for the citizens not old enough to obtain a license, to old to drive, not able to afford vehicle and not willing to pollute the atmosphere, to enable those to mobilize them selves to participate in the comunitity.

Do you agree?

Privitisation is the wrong way to run the complex logisticts of a city, especially when there is no way the company can prophit, I'd rather pay one doller more in tax than risk a fine from a conglomerate!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm a big fan of public transport.

I suppose that the transport I see is a little different that what otehrs might deal with.

Here my route is filled with all types of people, but a huge chunk of it is young, semi-professional girls.

Hell, I've picked up on the streetcar before.

but really.... Ride a bike !

even if the government provided it for us we'd be paying through taxes, so those who don't use it would still be paying. I use public transportation and it'd be ncie if they made it cheaper, but i doubt it'll ever happen

Free public transport all the way. I've had to turn down well paying, interesting jobs because I can't get there by public transport. Never mind bus tickets went up for the 3rd time in as many years on Sat. Grrrr...

I don't understand the whole trying to make profit on public transport, healthcare, seniors homes etc... It just seems so immoral to try and make money off something that is necessary for people. Healthcare, public transport, seniors care etc... is too important to be left in the hands of companies whose only care is to make money.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

The whole reason we moved to Canada was because nearly all of Britain's public sectors were being privatized. Now that shit is starting to happen here, and Britain is is (well, at least on the way to being) back like it was.....

The ironing is delicious......

DOWN WITH TRANSLINK!!!

They've raised the fares 50 cents since I've lived here.

in london....

40pennies if you can blag you are under 15, 70p if you fail (the bus)

the train? how far you travel dictates your considerable feelings of annoyance when you look into what will be an empty wallet.

Guest YinzerXpress

I DONT MIND PAYING FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IF IT PROVIDES GOOD EFFICIENT SERVICES. WHEN BUSES ARE AN HOUR LATE, OR TOO FULL SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER HOUR, THAT AINT WORTH 2 BUCKS EACH WAY

When I lived in a smaller city, the busses were a joke.

They didn't run on sunday or past midnight. Useless!

There were only 2 transfer points in the whole city and

the fare was 1.50$ It was a very small system.

Every half hour the busses would all return to the central

check point, so the farthest you could travel from downtown

was 30 minutes by bus.

Now where I live there's many subway lines, busses,

and light rail transit. You can easily travel many many miles

on the system and get anywhere at anytime. and it's 2.25$

You can literally travel for hours in one direction and it's only

75 cents more to do so. grrr!

ride a bike!

Archived