PS2 XBOX GAME REVIEWS

Pistol

PS2 XBOX GAMECUBE REVIEWS

This is so we can give our reviews of the various games being released.

So we can decide whether or not to spend our money on 'em and avoid the crap ones.

I just got Conflict : Desert Storm and it sorta sucks so far. Maybe I just have to get used to it and play it some more. But it just looks like SOCOM's undeveloped baby brother.

I was wondering if anyone has HITMAN? That shit looks pretty hot. Reminds me of Max Payne for some reason from the cover.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hijack your thread, but where can i get a cheap PS2?

i'm actually going to finally buy some "essential" home electronics garbage.

i'm also looking for an OG nintendo NES system. any sites??

back on topic: GT3 is awesome. i have to remind myself when watching the demos that it's actually a video game.

just rented tekken four

not a big tekken fan but it was fun but i dont think worth buying (unless you love fighting games and/or tekken) the story mode can get old real quick and the moves take a while to get...but the graphics are awesome some of the moves are sweet and theres a girl that does some break moves and shes fine...for a video game!

Originally posted by juggernaut

sorry to hijack your thread, but where can i get a cheap PS2?

i'm actually going to finally buy some "essential" home electronics garbage.

i'm also looking for an OG nintendo NES system. any sites??

ebay has everything from turbografx snes ps2's genesis to old school nes

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Great idea, Pistol. In fact, I just bought (just walked in the door from Toys R Us) Madden 2K3 for PS2...

probably the best football game made to date, graphics, animations, and new features, its actually a big step from madden 2002 and will consume many football fans lives....

lots of stuff you can do with fantasy drafts, create your own, even import your draft roster from ncaaa 2003,

plus the tackles this year are so much more fun,

yeah, I gotta get Madden 2003 and NHL 2003.

the games I've played on X-Box recently are Bruce Lee and Dead To Rights.

Bruce Lee is amazing. Straight up, there's about two hundred moves you can buy and accumulate, and the graphics are fluid. Real fun.

Dead To Rights I can't really comment on, 'cuz I was really drunk and playing a hard level, but I thought it was a lot like Max Payne, perhaps mixed with bit of Time Crisis.

That's all I can remember, even though I play XBox every weekend at my buddy's house.

As for PS2, the only game I have is Medal Of Honour: Frontline, and it's really good. I'm playing Madden 2003 at my buddy's house tonight, so I'll tell you all what I think after.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Yeah, I've heard Madden 2003 is really good. When does the new FIFA come out??

unless it changed nov. 6 and i cant wait

i heard its goin to be as realistic as now the ball doesnt "Stick" to your feet while moving that you actually have to be aware of it while running and moving etc..

yeah i agree

its probably goin to be an option or just a little bit more realistic not completely free control, i mean some people didnt like the passing in 2002 but i thought it added a lot to actually control where your putting it ldistance power etc...ive heard reviews and it looks awesome....

but theyll only have forty international squads in it.

FIFA 2003

from easports.com

i was wrong bout teams above (early info i guess) heres an interview with one of the producers...

"The series takes a major leap forward this year with FIFA Soccer 2003, scheduled for release in the fall. We sat down with FIFA Soccer 2003 associate producer Danny Isaac to get the inside scoop on the new features and stunning capabilities of the latest, greatest entry in this signature line of games.

EA SPORTS: What are some of the graphical and physics improvements in the all-new engine?

Danny Isaac: This year we’ve spent a significant amount of time moving towards realistic environments and players. Previous versions of FIFA have had a very distinctive style; this year our direction and influence has been from the real places and the real people who play the game. For example, our player models have been refined to look more athletic, where previously they were a little more muscle-bound. We also visited the top stadiums in Europe and have accurately represented them in the game.

We had a very clear goal with the physics -- focus on the ball and how the player controls it. The actual physics of the ball have been refined and improved, giving us a solid realistic ball that reacts perfectly within its environment. But most of all, we have fundamentally changed the way in which the player interacts with the ball itself.

EA SPORTS: That sounds interesting -- what changes have you made?

Danny Isaac: Previously, the ball was tethered to the player and would move without being touched. If I ran with the ball, it would move ahead without my player touching it; if I turned the ball would magically turn with me. That's not very realistic. With the new system, the ball is moved by the player’s foot, so now when I run with the ball it will roll, then slow and then be kicked again when the player catches up with it. For the player to turn he has to be near the ball so that he can get his foot to it, which is more realistic, looks better and improves the overall gameplay experience markedly.

EA SPORTS: Tell us about the Club Championship Mode. What will these teams have that others don’t?

Danny Isaac: The Club Championship allows the user to play against the top 18 teams in Europe both as a friendly competition and within a league structure. We’ve managed to drill down into these top teams and focus on recreating their home environments as closely as possible. As an example, we’ve included team specific and player specific chants, accurate stadium modeling and player- and team-specific commentary covering such areas as rivalries and history.

EA SPORTS: What are the changes in the new A.I.? Will the computer react with tactical changes befitting the situation, as would a real manager?

Danny Isaac: For FIFA Soccer 2003 we have re-written large areas of the AI and one of the key areas is the computer intelligence. In previous years we describe the user-versus-CPU experience as "flat" -- this means that at minute 1 and minute 90 the game experience is basically the same. The goal this year was to make games ebb and flow, and to do this we’ve had to change the way the CPU plays. For instance, if you’re up 1-0 in the 80th minute, the CPU will start pressing hard to get hold of the ball, he’ll tackle more aggressively and break fast looking for the equalizer. If the roles are reversed he’ll pass the ball around trying to hold on to possession and killing off the game. In addition to this, he’ll change his formation and make substitutions, which will give him better defensive or attacking options depending on the situation.

EA SPORTS: Certain players have their best skills highlighted. Can you give us a couple of examples of the players and which skills they’ll have that are exceptional?

Danny Isaac: Sure, as mentioned one of the areas we’ve improved upon this year is ball control. As we’ve detached the ball from the player, it’s allowed us to implement a cool feature whereby the user can do a quick knock-on and move the ball past approaching defenders. If you’re controlling a highly skilled player, such as Edgar Davids, then he’ll perform an extra special move to get past. We’ve also improved player attributes so that each player will feel different whether they’re running, heading, shooting or tackling, so you’ll feel the speed of Ryan Giggs and the shot power of Roberto Carlos.

EA SPORTS: How many stadiums will be in the game? How about team-specific chants?

Danny Isaac: Within FIFA Soccer 2003 we will have 24 different stadiums (18 team specific, 4 generic and 2 unlockable). We have a number of teams that have specific chants which you’ll recognize if you’ve ever heard the crowd at Old Trafford or San Siro and we’ve also included context-specific chants, so if you’re down 3-0 the crowd will let you know about it!

EA SPORTS: What are some of the Set Piece changes that have been made?

Danny Isaac: With set pieces we’ve looked to add a little more control over what we’ve had previously. Obviously within soccer, set pieces are very important and present numerous scoring opportunities, which we wanted to recreate. With this in mind, we’ve redesigned the freekick interface to give you more control over the shot. You now have to pick a point on the goal, select the amount of spin you want to apply to the ball and then hit the ‘sweet spot’ to send the ball curling and dipping towards your opponent’s net. When one of those goes in it’s very, very rewarding. We’ve added a similar but more simplistic design to corner kicks, which allows more accuracy and gives you a better chance to score."

edited a little to shorten

Guest --zeSto--

ok then...

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/news/images/22580-1.jpg'>

You're a bad ass barbarian with a bird side kick.

You get to sneak around with old-school weapons and destroy people.

The animations are really rather brutal. You can send the bird out

and then 'look though it's eyes' to see enemies around corners and such.

yeah... definately worth a rent or even a used purchase.

Alright, I've played a couple of new ones.

PS2 Kingdom Hearts- DONT BUY.

My sister got this for her birthday and has been playing it. It's

tolerable for a diehard Final Fantasy fan... at some points, you

kinda enjoy listening to your old favorite heroes finally speaking their

piece through voice instead of text. Voice overs are excellent... Music

is classic FF style (at some points) and story line, generally, are of

typical Squaresoft quality, and the graphics are beautiful.

However, then you get to the disney characters, who completely shit

on any nice thoughts you EVER had about this game. ..EVER.

Rent this game if you feel like seeing what the hype is about, but

don't buy it.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i have heard nothing but absolute hatred for the bruce lee game...

yeah, me too. I would never buy the game, but as a rental, I thought it was fist-fighting fun. If you like those Double Dragon type games, you'll like this. It's the same concept, and there's some really wicked moves up in it.

Archived