PS2 vs X-Box

KRONOLOGIK

Alright, I know it's a controversial question because I know many of you heads out there own one or both of em but I'm buying one of em tonight and I've yet to come to a decision as to which of the consoles is better. Now from what I've heard PS2 has better games and reliability but I've also heard that X-Box has better graphics and is faster/more powerful. I like the PS2 controller better, I find the X-Box controller to be to big. So what are your oppinions on the two consoles. Your feedback is appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have a ps2 so im biased towards that but....from what ive heard from most people that one either one or both is that theres more, and better games for ps2....but some say that the sports games are better on xbox, but the adventure/action/roleplaying are better on ps2. plus that damn xbox controller is huge as fuck

Originally posted by yoink

i have a ps2 so im biased towards that but....from what ive heard from most people that one either one or both is that theres more, and better games for ps2....but some say that the sports games are better on xbox, but the adventure/action/roleplaying are better on ps2. plus that damn xbox controller is huge as fuck

no fuck you

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i own a ps2, but would definately recommend the xbox. talking to people in the industry, they almost unaminously agree. see, the ps2 got it goin on right now. games, graphics etc. but the problem is the game designers and producers have basically maxed out what the ps2 is capable of handling from a console perspective. they cant push the unit any further. where as the xbox is barely touched, and they will be able to do more with the unit, push it further, much, much, much longer. its just in a period right now where the ps2 games outshine xbox, but xbox is creepin up and gaining ground fast.

sadly ima have to agree with dusty..but you never know with consoles...its just a matter of what you enjoy more... concerning graphics i think are only if your really picky..but id play them at stores with dif games...and depending also on games you like which one to buy....

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by KRONOLOGIK

I was not aware of that, thanks. I still need to hear more opinions before I spend my money.

no you dont

go buy an xbox

why would you cop a ps2 having heard that? unless you plan on getting both, its a waste of $...

dude in a year theyll probably have ps3 and xbox 2 or whatever...if you think of it consoles are always a waste of money then....if your comfortable with one...or want one for the type of games it has then choose....for ex. vice city, not on xbox...and another example...splinter cell..not on ps2..(godamnit!!)

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

dude in a year theyll probably have ps3 and xbox 2 or whatever...if you think of it consoles are always a waste of money then....if your comfortable with one...or want one for the type of games it has then choose....for ex. vice city, not on xbox...and another example...splinter cell..not on ps2..(godamnit!!)

i hear you

kinda

dont get me wrong i bought ps2 for gta3 and tekken...

BUT im telling you xbox is the way to go in the bigger picture. sure they are gonna come out with the ps3, then 4... and xbox 2, 3, etc. you cant wait untill thay just arent gonna develop anymore gaming systems and then cop the "best" one ever. but xbox is gonna take a long time to beat, from a performance standpoint. so if you are gonna go buy a system today, like he is, i would go with xbox.

yeah dude i understand...i remember when xbox first came out...even with halos big uproar i was semi impressed cause i was comfy with the ps2 and the games coming out..as i am now...but more and more after seein some of the newer games and prospected games for xbox its rising no doubt...

im just pissed cause i want to play splinter cell.:D

...splinter cell..not on ps2..(godamnit!!)

ubisoft is not allowed to announce any development for other consoles through the year 2002. So it's an xbox exclusive until then. It's up to the software designers what to do, but I hope they make the right decision, and hook that shit up for ps2. i hope the graphics can come close to what they are on xbox.

and kron, go with the ps2 - you said you like racing games, and the two particular ones you mentioned are exclusive to ps2. personally, I'd go with both, they're both great consoles. hell, throw a gamecube in the mix, too - i want resevil and metroid prime!

Originally posted by Weapon X

[b...but I hope they make the right decision, and hook that shit up for ps2. i hope the graphics can come close to what they are on xbox.[/b]

shit i hope so too...that would be nice...its really one of the only vid games lately ive wanted to try cause i love clancys games for pc, but the big ones like rainbow six, and ghost recon i just dont think can hack it on consoles..at least compared to pc..but splinter cell looks interesting..kinda a more realistic metal gear solid maybe?

wheres pistol on this conversation:cool:

shit i hope so too...that would be nice...its really one of the only vid games lately ive wanted to try cause i love clancys games for pc, but the big ones like rainbow six, and ghost recon i just dont think can hack it on consoles..at least compared to pc..but splinter cell looks interesting..kinda a more realistic metal gear solid maybe?

wheres pistol on this conversation:cool:

i've played Splinter Cell quite a bit, and I give it an A+. It's really all it's hyped up to be. The graphics are superior, the controls are fluid and easy to master, and the plot line is damn good. Gameplay is just superb. One thing I'm wondering is if there will be downloadable levels on xbox live.

stealth at its finest, no doubt.

Archived