PS2 to computer monitor: what do i need?

seeking

ive got a flat panel computer monitor that i want to run a playstation through (it's gonna be in a car)...anybody know what i need to do this? ive found adapters on ebay for like $5 that split a vga cable into rca , but it seems like that's too simple to be true.

anybody done this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in the description on ebay, they made it sound like it was some extra special shit... that only certain games could be played on them because they're so high-res, blah blah. also, i googled up a piece of hardware built for this exact purpose and it was like $60 bucks. seemed ridiculous to me, but i havent even owned a video game system since genesis, so what do i know about the shit?

Well, I found this: http://ps2modchip.com/search.php?page=dvdx

I don't know how reputable the dealer is, but you could try searching for that on google to see if there's another dealer that sells it.

Apparently, you can't just buy a cable, you need an actual converter box that deciphers the signals. The ones for 200 something dollars either can handle a whole bunch of different devices or they're a rip-off or both.

does the monitor have an s-video connection on it? also fermentor is right.. they do carry those at radio shack and probably computer stores. the whole "some games are too hi res" sounds like total bs to me. i did car audio/video/security for the past 2 years and never heard anything like that.

with an s-video connection you could easily do it.

no s video. do playstations have svideo out?

what i was worried about is that there might be some wacky encoading issue or something, since you (or atleast i) never hear of people running them in their cars, even though they're generaly way more quality than the shitty monitors people use.