1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

? PS2 or XBOX ?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ASER1NE, Dec 4, 2003.

1. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

? PS2 or XBOX ?

Discussion started by ASER1NE - Dec 4, 2003

So , im thinkin i need to get one of these two machines , but judging by the media or the nerd holes we call EB , i cant seem to get an clear idea of which one is actually better

im sure yous ppl got em , what do you think , which is more fun , better controllers , cheaper ? better dvd player , internet gaming crap i know nothing about ? mod chips ? better/more games ?

and whichever one is your favourite lemme know too what the best games are , ima get a mod chip either way so i want the best games , i seen on tv that socom II looks pretty damn sick , but thats about all i know .

ima go with whatever the consensus in this thread is .

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

S@T@N - Replied Dec 4, 2003

XBOX. More powerful, better graphics, no need to buy memory card
    bullshit, and XBOX Live.

PS2 is getting cheaper, get it later if you get bored with the box.

S@T@N - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. king kong

king kong Banned

king kong - Replied Dec 4, 2003

PS2 CONTROLLER OVER XBOX CONTROLLER

XBOX GRAPHICS OVER PS2 GRAPHICS

king kong - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  4. TuffKid

TuffKid 12oz Senior Member

TuffKid - Replied Dec 4, 2003

get a PSX...fuck a xbox

TuffKid - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. kemekill

kemekill 12oz Member

kemekill - Replied Dec 4, 2003

PS2's are DVD ready, while you have to pay an extra $30 to play DVD's on your XBOX. Also, XBOX's have hard drives so you can store all your cd's on it, and in some games you can play with YOUR music, which is awesome.

What about the poor little Gamecube?

kemekill - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Dec 4, 2003

get a sex-box straight up in ya.

you can mod the fuck out of those things and turn em into a super powerful gaming platform.

via la true crime

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs 12oz Senior Member

Ronnie Dobbs - Replied Dec 4, 2003

EXACTLY!

Ronnie Dobbs - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. CAPiTA

CAPiTA 12oz Member

CAPiTA - Replied Dec 4, 2003

I'll answer each part individually. And if this thread turns into anything even remotely ressembling a video game forum's thread (fanboys, retarded arguments, etc), it needs to be shut down immediately. FYI, this post is coming from someone who owns/has owned GC, Xbox, and PS2

[Geek Mode]
    Controllers: I'm more of a fan of the Xbox controller S (the one that now comes with it), but the PS2 controller is still really solid. I like the sticks on the Xbox controller better.

Cheaper: Price is usually exactly the same

DVD: This one is gonna have to be a toss-up. The Xbox dvd player is better, but you HAVE to buy the remote to even use it. However, you can program this function away with a...

Mod Chips: The Xbox owns the PS2 in the modding department. If you plan on doing any modding, the Xbox is the way to go because of its built in hard drive (which the ps2 doesn't have) and its PC-like design. You can install a chip, get a whole new operating system, then upgrade the hard drive to as high as 120gb. Then you can import mpeg/avi movies from your computer and watch those, download entire Xbox games from shady places like mIRC, and do whatever the fuck you want. Not paying for games is the shit, and will impress your girlfriend.

Internet: Microsoft definately has the better internet gaming machine. Xbox Live is reasonably priced ($50/year) and a shitload of fun. Rainbow Six Three 8 v 8 cannot be beaten. Plus most games coming out now have special sections of the game you can only download through Xbox Live(all free DLs). Stuff like extra levels and game modes. They're also coming out with lots of ranking systems for competitive games. I really like where Microsoft is going. PS2 has Socom, which is fucking awesome, but thats about it for internet gaming.

Games: This is ALL oppinion. Of course PS2 has a much larger library of games, with way more games I would consider "games worth owning", but I still like the titles Xbox has more. The reason? PS2 is running out of games it can call "playstation exclusives". GTA used to be its big exclusive game, but that just got released on Xbox, with slightly better graphics and both games for the price of 1. Now the only PS2 games I would consider to be "exclusives you need to own" are the Socom, Gran Tourismo, and Final Fantasy series. I also would've said before that if you wanted RPGs, go with PS2, but now I'm starting to believe that the Xbox is finally "getting it" in this area. Morrowind and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are two sweet games (albeit not your average RPG style), and with Fable on the horizon, I'd have to say go for the box for RPGs. I can confidently say, before it is released, that Fable is going to be one of the greatest RPGs ever made...period. The development team has been working on this shit since day one of Xbox. Thats a solid 4 years of development into one game. I've decided I'm gonna break this down genre by genre.

First Person Shooters - Xbox (PS2 has Socom; Xbox has Halo, Ghost Recon, Unreal Tourney, Rainbow Six 3, etc)
    Racing - PS2 (Gran Tourismo owns all, even though Xbox has Project Gotham Racing)
    Fighting - PS2 (every system has Soul Calibur, but PS2 has Virtua Fighter
    Tactical Shit (Metal Gear Solid, etc) - XBoz (MGS, Splinter Cell)
    Action/Adventure - Toss up (don't really play these games too much, but know enough to say there's good games on both)
    Puzzle - PS2 (Xbox gets raped in this category)
    RPG - Right now, PS2, but time will tell...if you like Japanese style RPGs (final fantasy, breath of fire, etc) PS2 is the way to go. If you like PC-style RPGs (baldur's gate, morrowwind) Xbox is the way to go.

Holy shit I got caught up in that...anyway, I'm personally a fan of the Xbox. I like the better graphics, much better sound, and its better first person shooters, tactical games, and PC-style RPGs. Plus the mod-ability for the Xbox is insane. Wow, I'm out...
    [/Geek Mode]

CAPiTA - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Dec 4, 2003

i need to get with the program and get an xbox...i heard these rule supreme over everything

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Dec 4, 2003

i'd get the ps2.....looks way classier. The Xbox looks like a lump of crap.

But what's it matter? Soon as you get it, the damn thing is gonna be replaced by XBox2 or some such shit

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  11. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

Nice Capita, I got the triple threat as well, and of the 3 I'd say they all
    average out. However, someone who doesn't have my taste in games
    would probably go for Xbox for instant gratification, while I go with PS2
    or GC for the game factors (can't fuck with mario)

12. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

Holy what the fuck, I agree with tease.

13. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Dec 4, 2003

its worth mentioning that if you modchip your xbox, you cant hook up to xbox live.

graffiti.cunt.fuck.shit. (anti nerd thread words)

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Dec 4, 2003

i prefer my XBOX
    but i do have both...;)

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. kemekill

kemekill 12oz Member

kemekill - Replied Dec 4, 2003

Hmmm...check this...

Right now if you buy an XBOX you get 2 months of XBOX live for free plus Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and another game(cant remember at the moment) for $180 while PS2's offer is one free game, free online pack for $200.

I think XBOX has the better deal.

Plus my friends PS2 has broken twice now, had to send to cali to fix, same thing happened to his bro's PS2, same thing happened to my friends PS2, oh wait this happened to another friend as well.
    And I haven't ever heard of someone's XBOX breaking...

So in conclusion...
    XBOX ROX!

kemekill - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: