Propaganda

Ezra1.0

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by asoka:

sorry, i guess i got too technical. i should have just said it was wack. my fault.

Whatever, I think maybe the underlying message was a bit over your head. Maybe you should look past the technicalities of it all and see what the sticker is trying to say...

(Sorry, let me dumb it down a little for you:

Do you know what song the lyrics are from? That's the key...)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

------------------

-Suck my dick, it's the kid with the fat knob/

That bust all into face/

Plus it comes in globs/

-Ghostface

the point of propaganda is to clearly show an idea. if you go over people's heads with obscure lyrics (or maybe not so obscure, but most people on the street wont know what they are) you have done nothing.

i am not impressed by cyber-titties.

i am not impressed by the pot plant.

or anything else.

looks like an ad for some shitty corporation.

i did a bunch of different propaganda wheat pastes a few years ago which actually started my graff career.

one dealt with sweat shops involved with walmart and tommy hilfiger.

one dealt with sexism.

one dealt was stilen from the booklet that comes with the STRUGGLE record. fucking struggle rules.

and then i did a bunch of clowns with guns just cause that shit is creepy.

what you did took a ton more work than most shit put up on the street and for that , you get props, but think about what you are trying to do. maybe you didn't mean to say propaganda. keep it up with those computer skills if that your thing.

------------------

Xasp.ta.mmwX

from a graphic design standpoint..i don't really like it..

you got 5 different fonts on there...and the composition is busy to draw any attention to it...stickers are most effective when they're readable at a glance...

just some constructive criticism..dont' take it the wrong way..

and besides all the stuff thats been said before, did you actually print any of those? 4 color process stickers on vinyl cost a pretty penny so unless you got a hook up im willing to bet that thing never saw the light of day. so many instead of claiming its a 'propaganda sticker' you should have titled the thread 'techinical masterbation' cause thats all it is.

Originally posted by asoka:

...and besides all the stuff thats been said before, did you actually print any of those? 4 color process stickers on vinyl cost a pretty penny so unless you got a hook up im willing to bet that thing never saw the light of day.

Oh God, you must be a simpleton...

Unlike you, I am not a 14 year old tagger who sits on this board and talks a lot of shit about stuff that they've never done. If you would've actually read around this board, I have posted that I can print stickers a lot cheaper than any company.

What I suggest you do is get a life and maybe go do some artwork (graff, propaganda, or something on your level, fingerpaint) before whittling off stupid insults.

One other quick gripe, I didn't start this post for a "dump on my design" session, I wanted to see what others out there do...

(In other words, I think there's more out there than Sheppard Fairey and David Kinsley, c'mon people...)

Archived