proof that harry potter is the antichrist

Zack Morris

Harry Potter linked to Satan

By DARRELL GILES

14nov01

HE may have enchanted millions of people around the world, but Harry Potter has made enemies in the US, where conservative Christian critics claim the boy-wizard is a tool leading children to witchcraft and sin.

Protesters have promised to be out in force at cinemas when the Harry Potter movie, which premiered in the US this week, opens to the public on Friday.

"Harry Potter conditions children to think of witchcraft as harmless and even fun, said Christian occult investigator David Bay.

"That way, when the real Antichrist arrives on the scene, they will be preconditioned to accept him."

There have been book-burnings and some school libraries have banned Potter tales. A Kansas public library recently cancelled a reading due to complaints.

Children in Jacksonville, Florida, must present parental permission slips to read the books at school libraries.

"Satan is up to his old tricks again and the main focus is the children of the world," wrote Jon Watkins, a Baptist activist.

"The whole purpose of these (Potter) books is to desensitise readers and introduce them to the occult."

Websites also point to alleged links between Potter and the Devil.

But Harry Potter's creator, author JK Rowling called the accusations "absurd", saying her character's world was entirely imaginary.

"I have met thousands of children now, and not even one time has a child come up to me and said, 'Ms Rowling, I'm so glad I've read these books because now I want to be a witch'," the Scottish author said.

Some authors have reservations about the mysticism of Harry's world, in which magical people predict the future, change shapes and communicate with ghosts.

"Although the story is fictional, Harry Potter has real-world occult parallels," said Richard Abanes, author of Harry Potter and the Bible: The Menace Behind the Magick. "The books present astrology, numerology, mediumship, crystal gazing. Kids are enthralled with it. And kids like to copy."

But other Christians have supported Rowling.

"I'm so tired of people saying he's evil," says Connie Neal, a Christian author who has investigated the claims. "They're choosing to interpret the books in a very selective way."

The first film from the four Harry Potter books stars newcomer Daniel Radcliffe as the boy who learns on his 11th birthday he has magical powers.

Hollywood insiders predict an opening weekend take of close to $200 million.

"The interest in reading that Harry Potter has caused is great," said Michael Jacobson, executive director of Washington-based Centre for Science in the Public Interest.

"What's not great is Coca-Cola's use of this literary phenomenon to sell junk foods to kids."

In February, the Atlanta-based soft drinks giant signed a $300 million partnership with Hollywood studio Warner Bros.

The company also has pledged $36 million to literacy efforts as part of its campaign for the movie, which is based on the popular books.

"To characterise our sponsorship of the film and our promotion of the magic of reading as inappropriate and to infer a connection with health and wellness of children simply misses the point for the sake of sensationalism," Coca-Cola spokeswoman Susan McDermott said.

"We find it ironic that Michael Jacobson, and the CSPI, are using Harry Potter to promote his agenda."

The Centre for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a nonprofit group that focuses on health and environmental issues, launched a campaign last month calling attention to the Coke deal in an effort "to protect children's' health."

Jacobson set up a Web site inviting Harry Potter fans to join him in appealing to Rowling to "save Harry" from any future tie-in with Coca-Cola and to donate her royalties from the current deal to campaigns for improving nutrition.

His organisation claimed that soaring soft-drink consumption over the past 25 years had helped fuel soaring obesity rates in the United States.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I read the first book for my childrens literature class in school and discussed this very topic. I don't know why some people are getting all crazy of this movie and books. They made references to his lightning bolt birthmark being a sign of the devil and shit. I bet you no one even knew of all the shit until they brought this shit up.

...hmmm guess the protest was a success eh? i mean the movie only broke every god dam record....those are the same fucking people that banned the idea of evoltuion in Kansas school systems...bah!...they have nothing better to do with their time...if they wanted the world to be a better place they would roll their sleeves up and get dirty, instead they just want everyone to believe what they do....as if that would solve all are problems....

I think that we do our children a real disservice with this type of crap. We read and watch a lot of TV and movies in my house. Heaven forbid, we even play video games. However, we also talk to our kids about fantasy vs. reality. By assuming that kids are too young to grasp this concept, we are insulting their intelligence and they sense that.

As for the conservative Christians above, any talk of the pagan values and practices that their religion is stolen from, makes them quake in their choir robes.

people shouldn't analyze the shit out of it. its good, healthy lierature, and kids are reading fer fucks sake. you can find any religious, sexual, or rascist conotations in anything.

literature, as all art, is left up for personal interpretation. the ideas of some fucking obsessed and bored mother's association shouldn't shove the fact that Harry Potter is evil up everyone's ass. like i said, its left up to personal interpretation.

fuck.

harry potter is fucking fresh. im suprised i havent gone to see it yet, i was looking forward to it for weeks...

i can't wait to see that shit.

those both make me incredibly sad to hear.

fuck stupid ass harry potter, fight clubs the only movie worth watching. however, it is kinda cool that people from the south (this continues to prove my point that southern people are the most stupid people in the country for the most part) would protest such a stupid book, they really do need to find something alot more productive to do with their time besides boning siblings and protesting their precious confederate flag being taken down.

Those Christians protesting the movie are stupid. Harry potter uses the powers he was born with to fight evil forces. If anything, this will condition kids to beat the 'anti christ' at his own games. How many kids are gonna go watch this awesome kid fight evil forces and win quiddich games for 2 hours and 30 fuckin minutes, walk out of the theatre and say "damn, when I grow up I want to cast spells on kids like that." If anyone actually read the books, Harry Potter (the protagonist) is an honest, loyal, and very humble kid.. I think he's a good example.

When I was young my Aunt's used to take us on hike's out in the middle of the woods and pretend like we were friends with all the fairy's and knomes in the forest and had to ward off evil shadows of the woods. haha. I know I'm a huge dork. but the fact is, we pretended like we were using magic, etc. etc. and all that did was make me use my imagination and open my mind to things exsisting that I can't see. It didn't make me evil. What makes kids evil is growing up in a family with so many problems that the kid doesn't know wrong from right, and is forced to be caught up in drugs, alcohol, abuse, etc. to the point where (s)he never even questions what God really means. And the other thing that's evil, is pretending that bad things don't exsist. Simply sweeping them under the rug. Kids are going to be exposed to 'evil' all their lives, they need to accept it before they can get beyond it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

It seems that lack of humor and imagination is the worst enemy of everything.

Harry Potter is dope, and i want to see that tolkin movie also

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

Is it true that they've called the film 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' in the US, as opposed to it being called 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone', everywhere else, on account that the distibutors didn't think that the US general public would know what a philosopher was?:stretch:

the first book in america was called the sorcerer's stone when everywhere else it was called the philosophers stone...the books use a little different language. i read the british ones and it was a little confusing for a while..

i went to the premier.. it was fucking awesome... seeking you should get off 12 oz and get to the theater.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

those both make me incredibly sad to hear.

fuck stupid ass harry potter, fight clubs the only movie worth watching. however, it is kinda cool that people from the south (this continues to prove my point that southern people are the most stupid people in the country for the most part) would protest such a stupid book, they really do need to find something alot more productive to do with their time besides boning siblings and protesting their precious confederate flag being taken down.

Oh save the dorkbreath assbutt. Did you happen to hear about the christian findamentalists groups in Maine that couldn't get their book burning permit in time to roast some wizard? south shmouth now keep our name out of your mouth. happy ramadan

Originally posted by ogrBDC

the first book in america was called the sorcerer's stone when everywhere else it was called the philosophers stone...the books use a little different language. i read the british ones and it was a little confusing for a while..

i went to the premier.. it was fucking awesome... seeking you should get off 12 oz and get to the theater.

Wow! I thought everywhere it was called the Socerer's Stone. It's interesting because the "Philosopher's Stone" is a term used with Alchemy. Does that have anything to do with it being changed in the US? Christians motives?

I heard there's alot of Coke product placement, like, more than there should be. But, heck, I always think product placement is funny - it's so obvious most of the time that it ruins the film in a really ironic way - like wait a sec, this isn't a fantasy world! Like the movie "Cast Away".

that is totally fucking ridicolous. withcraft has nothing to do with antichrist anyways! it has nothing to do with satan at all. it's a fucking child's novel at that! i consider myself a shaman, i practice pracitical magic, astral projection, star scrying, sigils, city magick (very interesting), and i've never once believed in satan or jesus christ at that. christianity is perverse and violent to begin with! i don't see these fuckin' hipocrite bastards out there burning bibles! this post pisses me off...lol

Originally posted by I Luv Roo

I heard there's alot of Coke product placement, like, more than there should be. But, heck, I always think product placement is funny - it's so obvious most of the time that it ruins the film in a really ironic way - like wait a sec, this isn't a fantasy world!

Hunh? I can't recall a single coke placement in the movie....

I thought it was a cute movie. Everyone should see it. But as is usual, the books are better. I'm still going to see all 7 movies though.

And about the protestors-

Some people are just too uptight and feel the need to save all of us heathens. Maybe they got tired of the fight against all the evil homosexuals. Most of them probably haven't read the whole book, or else they'd understand why it isn't at all teaching our kids to be witches and wizards. It's like the minister who wanted the teletubbies banned because the purple one is apparently flaming gay in his mind. Some people need to cause a ruckus over the most ridiculous things. It's those goddamn British people corrupting our innocent perfect kids again! YEAH RIGHT!

yeah, I read all four books in like a week last year, whatever the week was that the 4th book came out. I was on a road trip w/ my homeboy and his 9yr old son, the boy kept at me to read the books and they are mad hot, he and I also had stuff to talk about for the entire trip...

so... to recap...

I read 4 good books and found something that the kid and I could share and discuss... I guess that's where Satan is working, he's trying to unite the generations, what a feindish fuck!

yeah, I heard about someone who couldn't get a book burning permit, so they held a book ripping instead... how impotent...

Guest willy.wonka

aliens are satan

did anybody see any protestors?

i did,they threw rocks at everybody and taunted them to use thier make-believe magic to stop them....so we called the police....

haha...nah but really..see any protestors?

Archived