proof i'm getting old.new to you, old to others, musical interests

DIBS

i have recently started to feel very old, reason being, that i used to find myself on top of new music, exciting music, cutting edge music etc. now i have been exposed by younger people as a has been. recently i was put on to the band "at the drive in". someone at my work put me on to them knowing i was a big fugazi fan, and by god, if at the drive in isnt the greatest thing ever(to me right now) hail to my new favorite band. but i felt really old when i found out how long they have been doing their thing. so all you youngins and to the retiries, whats been goin on in your musical world, if youd be kind enough to share with a has been.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah see thats cool, my girlfriend works at a very large indipendent record store so that helps alot, but mostly i am just borred with my musical interests(and hers)so put a brother on, what have you been listening to? share the wealth.

im down for some angry hard core stuff, make the list rage.

recent hardcore discoveries

dilinger escape plan

poison the well(thanks to dusty lipshitz)

and taking it back to my high school days:

endpoint

no escape

earthcrisis

strife

current

falling forward

gorilla bisquits

quicksand

but these are just bands ive been into for years and am relistening to again.

thank you for sharring

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by DIBS

browner. we've talked music before, i'll check out some jim o'rourke, i know your an aphex twin fan(if i remember correctly) so i know were most likely on the same page.thanks.

well, we could be, but i doubt it. and i don't mean that in a too cool toot my own horn sort of way...

the twin...ahh..you'll remember my ranting disappointment

with the new cd....some nice bits, but..his spoiled brat genious schtick is really played and grating to me..also considering the climate of computer stuff going on, the untouchable genious margin is thinner than ever.....

also....'alternative' music is not alternative in the sense that its 'breaking ground', or

'new'....nor is it a vehicle to/for coolness, like its been portrayed in the mainstream.

most 'alternative' music is garbage. in fact, any genre is 95% garbage, its the 5%

of sincere ground breaking stuff that should be held up.

not to dis you rage, but being 'on top of (alternative)' doesn't necessarily mean you're on top of the most recent developments.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

PIEBALD

the weakerthans

cave in

i have dreams

piebald

sam prekop

piebald-indy rock

weakerthans-weird indy rock

cave in- uhhhh old cave in=metal, new cave in=indy rockish

i have dreams- hardcore/emocore check these dudes out. really.

sam prekop-musically orientated with soft vocals. jazzy style music. bongo drums if you're lucky.

thank you cipher one.

browner, i mean same page as in, i recognise through previous posts that you seem to have an open mind concerning music and are informed as such.i respect your opinions.

electronic:

richie hawton-DE9 the beginning of the end

metal:

electric wizard

warhorse

suplecs

dj swamp has a new album out also that i heard and am fiending to get!

i'll burn you some shit when i get back to the D (in philly right now) all ive been listening to is hardcore and faith no more. dont sleep dude, faith no more is incredible. i'll fix you up with a grip of cd's infact... after the holidays...

me an the little twerp went to clutch night before thanksgiving... pure rock fury!

endpoint

no escape

earthcrisis

strife

current

falling forward

gorilla bisquits

quicksand

jesus now your making me think back to highschool.... damn i wish i had all my 7" 's still....aahhhhhhhh those were the days... drinking forties outside the shows all the str8 edge kids getting all mad at us... always a good fight to watch.... shit was too much fun..:D :D :D

heres some hardcore i'm sure you've probably heard of most of these but just incase. sorry kids most new hardcore shit sucks. if you need info on how to get these let me know i'll find some addresses for you.

moss icon

Rorschach

honeywell

man is the bastard

groundwork

jihad/ottawa

nema

loscrudos

avail

lifetime

ressurection

born against

econochrist

downcast

spitboy

bleed

still life

struggle

hell yeah! fuckin endpoint was dope! gorilla biscuits! oh my god!....."my room is a mess and i cant get dressed, gotta be out by 8:00....."

damn, all those are on my favorites list!

have you checked out Rival Schools?

im down for some angry hard core stuff, make the list rage.

recent hardcore discoveries

dilinger escape plan

poison the well(thanks to dusty lipshitz)

endpoint

no escape

earthcrisis

strife

current

falling forward

gorilla bisquits

quicksand

thank you for sharring

Dibs I'm hearing you. I am rapidly approaching the big 30 and am seriously depressed. I try really hard to stay up on music, but find I am usually a few years behind. My 9 year old listens to crappy pop, but my 6 year old likes rock and has actually turned me on to a couple of bands, how sad is that?

bobobi11, honestly,thats sounds awesome to me. one day i hope to have a cool little kid of my own to learn from like that,i wanna be the cool dad too! that sounds great, your a lucky man.

seeking, for sure im down for some faith no more, you gota check out mr. bungle, mike patten at his craziest in my opinion. we should definitly do a package trade after christmas bro!

serum, damn your taking me back there, i am familiar with most of your list, seen alot of those bands in my day, wish i had kept even more of there music in my collection, slowly rebuilding my old hardcore collection one by one.

Constant rotation is as follows:

-Modest Mouse (Texas "art rock" that might be too good for the world

-The International Noise Conspiracy (It's what used to be Refused... political dirty 60's punk)

-Sleater-Kinney (Forever the greatest thing to come out on KillRockStars. Seattle girl rock with a capital R)

-The Smiths (If you don't know, you never will)

-Best of Morrissey (See above)

-Mogwai (File under trippy instrumental experiment)

This is weird. I was just gonna start a thread on ATDI before I accidentaly clicked on this thread. Spooky. Anyways, they fucking rock. I've known about them for a few years, but I just started getting in to them hardcore now. Napolean Solo is like the best song I have heard in a long time. Awesome stuff.:king:

Archived