promoting myself shamelessly

Guest Ginger Bread Man

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like the simpler ones for the most part, with the wider bars. I think the letters get kinda off balance when you distort them so much in the more complex, skinnier and bendier ones, but the shit is mosdef original and it looks like for the most part you know where youre goin' with it so keep it up homie

peace

Definitely some interesting stuff you're coming up with. Some of the more"crazier" style pieces get a little too wacky and off balance. And the stretched out bars become a little too much. Though not all of them are this way. There are a few though. It's pretty obvious you have a good feel for where you're going with all this. I also think it's great that you're working with both wild and somewhat abstract styles as well as simples and semi-simples. I think continuing in this fashion will only help you along further down the road. It will help keep your sense of letter structure and function in check. For those of us who play with wild and abstract styles... that's a good thing.

Overall, good showing. Keep up the great progression.

Guest willy.wonka

tight tight...at times, i wish i could get down with that wierd style, but never really tried. looks fun

other than that...great to see some anime again..

I must be either a hater or blind because all I seem to like is your penmanship (the cursive), few of your simples, and this: a1ri.jpg

I don't know... to me everything else either looked toy or like... you were trying too hard to be "abstract". I mean the lines aren't too clean and for one odd reason the paper is slightly crumbled or messy. Yup, making a big deal about how the paper looks. But on a more serious note, some of those pieces would look better if it had a 3D.

^Hope you could find the positive and take it into account. I'm really not hating, just saying.

peace

Guest Ginger Bread Man

animeoner2sc.jpg

tegar1yx.jpg

taerger10gh.jpg

animegreat2fj.jpg

anime49er.jpg

anone16tu.jpg

retag2jp.jpg

taerger5mv.jpg

great46ma.jpg

animegreat13ev.jpg

great58vt.jpg

an2me19wo.jpg

now as to why they look sloppy or toyish and dirty and wrinkled paper? i lik my book to be grimey. these books i have had since 1998 or so and have traveled to many homes. i like the dirty look of paper and the wear of time...

Ayenahmhe,

Nice whips, I really like the style you had going here. The walls you did during this time were really fresh as well, contour is not explored enough in graf, post those pictures.

anime16xf.jpg

I'll get back to you about the photos, I belive I have that straight letter fix you and kram had on milwaukee.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

anime68kl.jpg

great78zn.jpg

animegreat23ql.jpg

great66tp.jpg

anime58hi.jpg

some more from last night. the pen stuff i did in like 97 or something. when i did real letters or whatever people do nowadays

• 3 weeks later...