Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Produce Item fo' the Day.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by effyoo, Jul 15, 2003.

1. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Good day, Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Effyoo and I will be your guide through the wonderful world of Fresh Produce. Feel free to add your comments.

Well, first on our list is the Bosc Pear

http://www.pearridgeorchards.com/images/v_boscpear.jpg'>

[b]Available:[/b] August through May. Athough this year we have had them already for two weeks.

[b]Usage:[/b] To be eaten fresh or in salads.

[b]Nutritional Information:[/b]

Serving size 1 medium (166g)
    Calories 100
    Total Fat 1g
    Sodium 0mg
    Total Carbohydrate 25g
    Dietary Fiber 4g
    Protein 1g

% of U.S. RDA
    Vitamin A 0%
    Calcium 2%
    Vitamin C 10%
    Iron 2%

[b]Low-fat, Sodium-free, Source of fiber, Source of vitamin C, Cholesterol-free.[/b]

[img]http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tw/2001-03-29/chow-2.gif'>

[img]http://www.dianasdesserts.com/assets/managed/recipes/Pear_Bread_2.jpg'>

Art inspired by the Bosc Pear:

[img]http://mitpress2.mit.edu/e-journals/Leonardo/gallery/murphy/bosc_pear.gif'>
    Murphy

[img]http://www.mayhemupload.com/images/boscpear2.jpg'>
    Stacy Frank

TITLE: Bosc Pear

MEDIUM: three plate color etching

NUMBER IN EDITION: 8

IMAGE SIZE: 5 x 3.25 inches

PRICE: $200.00

YEAR: 1999

DESCRIPTION: One of my favorite color prints, Bosc Pear was a challenge to execute. Three plates, yellow, red and then sepia were used to create the tone of a late autumn pear.

[b]Summary[/b]
    The Bosc Pear (aka [b]Beurre(butter) Bosc[/b]), although the ugliest, is the tastiest of all comercially available pears.

[b]Tomorrow:[/b] the [i][b]Santa Claus Melon[/i][/b]

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

hahaha take a package of hamburger meat, poke holes in it, then hide it in the produce section ahahahahahahaha

3. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

i got the techno version of sunglasses at night......shit is raw

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

i wear my sun glasses at night...

but on the real though ya'll are sleeping on fresh produce, bosc pears especially. They are much better than those green shits your mom always buys. I would rank them on a juiceyness scale of 7 out of 10, 10 being the juiciest. Word to your mom, tell her to buy bosc.

5. Dick Quickwood

dont mess with the guy in shades

damn you guys im going to have to listen to that song now

6. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

Aviators are the only glass to rock..well maybe blue blockers.

7. .highborn

.highborn Member

that pear looks delectectable but you havent experienced fresh friut untill u sink your teeth into a "lemonade friut"

8. Dick Quickwood

9. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

do lychies next

*after the santa claus melon

10. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

had to laugh out loud on the doggie ass picture

sidenote: i like fruit. right now, nectarines. theyre in season and bomb on top of it. grapes were sooo two months ago.

11. nick5542

nick5542 Member

dude i worked at 3 grocery stores and used to know every produce upc and i think the one for boc pears is 4062. with every produce item you throw out ill have its upc.:lol:

12. miles apart

miles apart Member

Am I the only one who was looking forward to the santa claus melon then came in here and fell victim to high hopes and broken promises?