Problems with iTunes

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

SO i just installed Itunes. It started importing all my shit and when it was over it created playlists on its own.

So now, in my library (that is suposed to be all my music) i'm having some problems. A couple dozens of records only display one song instead of the whole thing.

Any ideas?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I think it has to do with the fact that iTunes grabs info about all your folders-songs from the net. When the titles-folder names dont agree or are modified it recognises them as single songs instead of a whole album. Same thing happenned with most of my OST's....its kinda stupid actually. Beyond that, the software rocks but i'd like to fix that.

It all depends on the format of the songs...

Upload the songs as MP3 or AAC (right click on the song)

Tips on finding songs by certain artists:

1. Make sure the artist is listed the same way every time (ie: Busta Rhymes, Busta, etc...pick one and stick to it)

2. Make sure you have your artist listed in the correct genre...iTunes automatically assigns it but sometimes wrong (ie: Green Day could be under: Pop, Punk, Rock, Alternative)

3.Make sure you are viewing your library and not a songlist you created.

• 1 month later...

my itunes is fucked...on certain albums it cant read the song titles when its importing cds, cant read a few of their lengths and says teh first song is the length of the entire album. essentially, it cant import some albums. i have no idea why, if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it id be much obliged :rolleyes:

Guest KING BLING

Fuck WinAmp - it always ran slow for me, did not boot quickly, sometimes if at all, and had problems with ActiveX whatever stuff

Fuck Real Player - Good format and worked well with downloaded TV shows, but decied to take over my files and thus block other prgrams

Fuck Windows Media - Seemed to have a problem with cracked files, I didn't look too deep into whether it was my fault because its a windows product, and fuck windows

Quicktime - very similar to real player issues

...I never tried iTunes but regardless, I don't know why this shit is such a hastle. I mean, make me something that lets me control shit the way I do a radio. Don't make me assign your product as the main player, or convert my files, even if only icons into your system type. Don't block me from doing anything, don't access the internet everytime you recognize a song that I am playing, I know what the cover looks like, or I didn't think enough of the band to google it. I hate them all and with the Mozilla and Linux movements out there, can we get a player that works for us, not the other way around?

*second rant this week*