Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

problems with freephoto-i.net

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bear, Apr 9, 2002.

1. bear

bear Elite Member

is anybody else having major problems loading freephoto-i.net fliks lately?
    they keep asking me for passwords and whatnot
    is the best thing just to start posting from a different site?
    thanks
    bear

2. Theyre facing server problems and that causes some problems...i havet experienced password problems though...have you locked your account??? maybe thats the problem...those guys rock..you probably all got a mail from them but just for the record:

Sorry for sending an "unsolicited" e-mail - a necessary evil I'm afraid. Some of you may have noticed some downtime in the service recently.

This has been because the popularity of the site has grown considerably recently, and has reached the point where it is too much for the server that the service is run on at the moment.

We will be upgrading the server in the next couple of weeks and have put in place some processes so that we will be able to resolve any issues much more quickly should the server "die" again in the meantime.

At the same time as moving the service we want to clear up all the empty and unused accounts on the system - that is the first point of the mail. If you still use the service and want to retain the account (I apologise to those who have only just set an account up recently) you must reply to this e-mail. If you do not the account will not be moved to our new server (in about 3 weeks time).

The second point, is that the service was set to do what you use it for - share our own photos. Although I think there are too many adverts already on the web, we are unfortunately going to have to start putting adverts on the site to cover the costs of the disk space the service requires.

We won't use the "pop-up" style ad's and we certainly will not be selling e-mail addresses or anything of the like.

It would be preferable to use only ads that are related to the content - photo's - and we want to try to get advertisers that will not affect the performance of the system. If you or anyone you know may be interested in advertising on the site - please let us know.

I apologise, but cannot run the service unless it can pay at least for some of the resources it demands.
    Thank You for using the service - we never thought it would get this big!!!!

Peter McKeown

3. drain bamage

drain bamage Senior Member

every time i attempt to look at a thread it ask for a password. i also got an e-mail from freephoto and they say it's been crashing due to it's growth and will be upgradeing it in a couple of weeks

4. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

I was bored the other night and looking through random accounts and I have decided its the largest collection of graff flicks on the net.

5. crso

crso Senior Member

i think that's the only thing, in anyone's account.

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

that only happens when someone password protects their photos then tries to post them on here. Then the password pop up shows up.

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

all good on my front

8. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Why does every fucking free photo thing go out? yourphotos is out, photopoint is out, now freephoto-i is out.

Actually i bet its cause all of those sites were 100% graff flicks. They probably got sad that all their server was being used by a bunch of dope smoking gangbanging taggers.

9. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

whenever i go into the thread, it shows up the password ish too.

and what do you mean by password protect, pistol?

i don't understand any of this...anyway--bump :heated:

10. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

before if someone wanted to pasword protect their photos meaning they didn't want anyone else being able to browse and look at naked photo's of themselves with pie pans covering their genitals. But now they are doing it to every one. They said it is only temporary. So I guess we'll see. Maybe after they change servers everything will be cool again.

11. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

oh, i must have missed the whole privacy part in the email i received.

thanx, pissy pis to the pistolness