pro-life. anti-human.

Zaius

in the last few years of my life i have come to the conclusion that humans are a plague. a diseas. a virus. theorized pleasantly in the first matrix film, i completely agree with this idea. as far as im concerned, humans have done nothing but multiply and destroy. they spread accross the planet and extinguish all resources for thier own benefit and nothing else. and it gets no better as time goes on. they just keep spreading and destroying. you can plainly see this by viewing sattelite images of the surface of "our" planet. anywhere that there is human life and development, it looks ugly and unnatural, gray and dead. like a scab or a scar as evidence of our presence. if there were a time lapse animation of the planets surface from the begining of man till the current date all you would see is the rapid spread of these ugly blotches. like some sort of skin cancer.

this is one of many reasons why i am anti-human. but pro -life.

i have started this thread to see what your opinions are on the human race and weather or not you believe there will ever be a time when human beings can live in harmony with the rest of the natural life of this planet. personally i believe that this will never happen. but still i'd like to hear your opinions on this topic.

also if you are interested in this subject matter check out this eassy entitled "The Damned Human Race" by Mark Twain published in 1938.

it touches on some very interesting ideas. but i must warn you it is kinda long, but if youve got the time, check it out. its worth the time.

http://www.geocities.com/quotequeen81/essa.../humanrace.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

thinking is good. in fact it rules.

i'll read that essay when i get a chance

and possibly post thoughts.

i wonder the same things and get overly analitical about it way too often.

I sometimes wonder if the earth is just part of a cell of a larger being. and we are the cancer killing this specific cell we decided to call earth. i was happy when i heard that used in the Matrix.

In my ponderings i have come to the conclusion that there are two flaws of the human species that keep us from being able to live in a utopian existance.

Greed and Jealousy.

as long as they are part of the humans way of life we will never better our spiritual position, and current stagnation.

so with this depressing reality we move forward and share positivity and small ways to help others along.

Ok I read it. Well I have to admit that I'm saddened to see one of my favorite american authors so heavily influenced by the 19th and early 20th centuries empirical nihilism that was so prolific in those times. We are still heavily influenced by it but we've had a couple of renaissances say the 60's and maybe the 90's.

I think what is missing from Mr. Twains astute observation is the fact that man's only saving grace, his intellect, is also the source of his downfall. We are in the image of god. God's have power. We have free will. With freedom comes responsibility. We are not restricted to instinctual patterns of harmonious perfection and balance. We are chaos. Order can be born of chaos, or it can remain chaos. We are like clay. Which is why there is a spiritual war for the hearts and minds of people. Hopefully good will triumph over evil. But only if we make it so.

Originally posted by LaCosaNostra

chap

^

Haha, thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to up my use of that word in daily life.

As for the essay. I'll check it out over the weekend.

edits* chap size...its all about the chap size

Originally posted by Zaius

in the last few years of my life i have come to the conclusion that humans are a plague. a diseas. a virus. theorized pleasantly in the first matrix film, i completely agree with this idea. as far as im concerned, humans have done nothing but multiply and destroy. they spread accross the planet and extinguish all resources for thier own benefit and nothing else. and it gets no better as time goes on. they just keep spreading and destroying. you can plainly see this by viewing sattelite images of the surface of "our" planet. anywhere that there is human life and development, it looks ugly and unnatural, gray and dead. like a scab or a scar as evidence of our presence. if there were a time lapse animation of the planets surface from the begining of man till the current date all you would see is the rapid spread of these ugly blotches. like some sort of skin cancer.

this is one of many reasons why i am anti-human. but pro -life.

i have started this thread to see what your opinions are on the human race and weather or not you believe there will ever be a time when human beings can live in harmony with the rest of the natural life of this planet. personally i believe that this will never happen. but still i'd like to hear your opinions on this topic.

also if you are interested in this subject matter check out this eassy entitled "The Damned Human Race" by Mark Twain published in 1938.

it touches on some very interesting ideas. but i must warn you it is kinda long, but if youve got the time, check it out. its worth the time.

http://www.geocities.com/quotequeen81/essa.../humanrace.html

"i just learned kung fu"

"i hate every chimp i see. from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z"

Nihilism is pretty easy to arrive at and embrace. I often dwell on the dark side of humanity. (Figuratively, and sometimes literally.)

What's easy to overlook is the fact that the number of incidents of war, torture, depravity, and other human flaws and evils is actually pretty low per capita. It's just that there's a lot of us, and peace, love, and harmony get no news coverage. Stories about how a lot of people got along, cooperated, ate OK, and slept successfully through the night don't sell newspapers or TV ad space. Given the population density of cities, it's pretty remarkable how FEW people get murdered, robbed, etc. and even how many buildings get put up, projects completed by teams of cooperating humans. We have worldwide systems of communication, power, and travel that work very efficiently due to massive, widespread cooperation and harmony among humans of different races and geographies. We've been to the moon, sent robots to Mars, and learned a great deal about how the universe works, from quarks to DNA to black holes, all because lots of humans worked together for sustained periods.

We just take all that for granted, and dwell on the fucked up shit, possibly because it gets more airtime and notice.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Nihilism is pretty easy to arrive at and embrace. I often dwell on the dark side of humanity. (Figuratively, and sometimes literally.)

What's easy to overlook is the fact that the number of incidents of war, torture, depravity, and other human flaws and evils is actually pretty low per capita. It's just that there's a lot of us, and peace, love, and harmony get no news coverage. Stories about how a lot of people got along, cooperated, ate OK, and slept successfully through the night don't sell newspapers or TV ad space. Given the population density of cities, it's pretty remarkable how FEW people get murdered, robbed, etc. and even how many buildings get put up, projects completed by teams of cooperating humans. We have worldwide systems of communication, power, and travel that work very efficiently due to massive, widespread cooperation and harmony among humans of different races and geographies. We've been to the moon, sent robots to Mars, and learned a great deal about how the universe works, from quarks to DNA to black holes, all because lots of humans worked together for sustained periods.

We just take all that for granted, and dwell on the fucked up shit, possibly because it gets more airtime and notice.

you are right. and what you have said does shine a light in an area i have been overlooking i suppose. good lookin out.

not a bad idea...

im not all about being negative and bringing everything down and crap..just sharing some thoughts...

like i said in the title im pro life. good or bad, were all here, and as individuals i personally dont always think were so bad. but as a whole..it just doesnt seem like were contributing much back to our environment.

peace

Re: Re: pro-life. anti-human.

Originally posted by High Priest

Yea, and in a couple million years were gonna be gone, so whats the big deal?

MILLION?

Dude its the year 2000, TWO THOUSAND! and look at the

world around you. Were gonna be lucky if we make it

another 500 years.

no one will cooperate until the world's population is decimated. then we will have to cooperate with the planet to survive. i know how to grow food. do you?

*"The world I see -- you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You climb the wrist-thick vines

that wrap the Sears Tower. You see tiny figures pounding corn and laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of the ruins of a superhighway."

Archived