Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

pro-life. anti-human.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Zaius, May 13, 2004.

1. Zaius

Zaius Member

in the last few years of my life i have come to the conclusion that humans are a plague. a diseas. a virus. theorized pleasantly in the first matrix film, i completely agree with this idea. as far as im concerned, humans have done nothing but multiply and destroy. they spread accross the planet and extinguish all resources for thier own benefit and nothing else. and it gets no better as time goes on. they just keep spreading and destroying. you can plainly see this by viewing sattelite images of the surface of "our" planet. anywhere that there is human life and development, it looks ugly and unnatural, gray and dead. like a scab or a scar as evidence of our presence. if there were a time lapse animation of the planets surface from the begining of man till the current date all you would see is the rapid spread of these ugly blotches. like some sort of skin cancer.
    this is one of many reasons why i am anti-human. but pro -life.
    i have started this thread to see what your opinions are on the human race and weather or not you believe there will ever be a time when human beings can live in harmony with the rest of the natural life of this planet. personally i believe that this will never happen. but still i'd like to hear your opinions on this topic.
    also if you are interested in this subject matter check out this eassy entitled "The Damned Human Race" by Mark Twain published in 1938.
    it touches on some very interesting ideas. but i must warn you it is kinda long, but if youve got the time, check it out. its worth the time.
    http://www.geocities.com/quotequeen81/essa.../humanrace.html

2. ASH.UGT

ASH.UGT Junior Member

people like you chap make my days seem so much fun. But anyway i used to wonder about things but not as academically.

3. DR+DELUSION

DR+DELUSION Member

BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAAAHHHHHH.

i too am disgusted by the masses. but the day that i start caring as much as you, i will kill myself.

4. Zaius

Zaius Member

well fuck it i guess i think too much.

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

thinking is good. in fact it rules.
    i'll read that essay when i get a chance
    and possibly post thoughts.

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

smoke a peace pipe....

7. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

thanks for the link. i'll read after i finish typing my term.

8. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i gotta say i agree with you 100%

http://www.mediocreminds.com/03q3/misc/pcs/dr_zaius.jpg'>

preach on!

9. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

i wonder the same things and get overly analitical about it way too often.

I sometimes wonder if the earth is just part of a cell of a larger being. and we are the cancer killing this specific cell we decided to call earth. i was happy when i heard that used in the Matrix.

In my ponderings i have come to the conclusion that there are two flaws of the human species that keep us from being able to live in a utopian existance.
    Greed and Jealousy.
    as long as they are part of the humans way of life we will never better our spiritual position, and current stagnation.

so with this depressing reality we move forward and share positivity and small ways to help others along.

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

Ok I read it. Well I have to admit that I'm saddened to see one of my favorite american authors so heavily influenced by the 19th and early 20th centuries empirical nihilism that was so prolific in those times. We are still heavily influenced by it but we've had a couple of renaissances say the 60's and maybe the 90's.

I think what is missing from Mr. Twains astute observation is the fact that man's only saving grace, his intellect, is also the source of his downfall. We are in the image of god. God's have power. We have free will. With freedom comes responsibility. We are not restricted to instinctual patterns of harmonious perfection and balance. We are chaos. Order can be born of chaos, or it can remain chaos. We are like clay. Which is why there is a spiritual war for the hearts and minds of people. Hopefully good will triumph over evil. But only if we make it so.

11. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

12. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

once we invented the wheel, we'd sealed our fate. apocolypse coming soon to a planet near you

13. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

animals' purpose is dinner

14. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Niiiice [​IMG]

15. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member