prized material possession

ubejinxed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the stuff I've made myself would have to be my most prized possessions, or the things I've worked really hard for ...

example: back when I was 13 or so my team won the gold medal provincally (soccer) so we were the best team in Alberta (think of it [Americans] like winning state championship or something) everytime I see the gold medal I can't help but feel proud...

Might sound corny....but oh well

my music collection---80's,hip-hop.classic rock,jazz,blues....whatever(no techno or drum n' bass...because I can't stand that shit)

I have 329 tapes around 60 cd's and 4 crates of albums(I'm picky with what I buy...most of the stuff is classic material)....whatever....there you have it....

everything i own i think i could live without or replace. i have certain t-shirts i really like, but my favorite has gotten lost without causing too much pain. i'll fall in love with a new marker or a can of paint more than anything else material i have, but those always get replaced too. maybe its the ease with which i have always acquired things that makes me not particularly care for all that i have.

that's a good article, i'm still reading it but this makes me unhappy:

"Scores of epidemiological studies and Oswald's own research underscore the tight link between status and health. Seniority at work is a reliable predictor of lifespan after retirement. Status has an even bigger effect on lifespan than smoking. A pair of economists documented this phenomenon in a famous study of Academy Award winners. Oscar winners live at least three years longer than Oscar nominees. The gold statue, it seems, is literally a life pass. ( As if Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts need another perk! ) "

^ I think that status is relative as well.

You could have great status as a big banking CXO,

but not the simple love and respect of your family.

Really it's all about what validates you personally.

I'm thinking that I'm a huge success becasue I can

walk to work. that's a great bit of satisfaction that

so many other people dont get. I mean how many

commuters got to see a hawk ripping up a pigeon on

their trip to work? well I did and I felt privaleged to

get to see it. Success is relative.

i agree, i used to be able to ride my bike to work and i really enjoyed the interaction with my surroundings. the ride home was always the best feeling of freedom! now i drive home and have to fight with traffic, and by the time i get home i'm not happy anymore. riding the bike home, was such a good feeling. i wish the economy would get better so i could find a closer job. i don't live in the city to commute out dammit!

Archived