PRINCE PAUL APPRECIATIONALISMSZ

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I maintain that De La's "I be" is probably the best produced hip hop track ever.

Thumbs up to the Prince.

He did some production for Chi-Ali back in the day.......I was listening to "The Roadrunner"-you can hear Dove in the background.......shit is tight.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by TEARZ

haven't you done this before my mang?

ahahahaaa...you're probably right..

anytime i pull out the prince paul shit

i feel the need to tell everyone within'

earshot how complete & naturally dope he is.

have you dudesz heard the new(last) one?

Guest chicken bone

Psychoanalysis (What is it?)

Handsome Boy Modelling School

De La Soul

Prince Paul Presents... A Prince Among Thieves

Dr. Octagon

etc.. etc... Prince Paul is one of my fave producers. Smooth and funky like rotten butter. :confused:

weapons are so fucking wack.

kill. kill. kill.

big fucking deal. i can kill you and you kill my people back after i kill more and than you kill more and than i kill more.

woopty fucking do.

lots of blood and destruction.

get over it and write graffiti.

YOU FUCKING PUSSYS.

ok....prolly over responding offf topic but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it.

Originally posted by 455

I still need to rock a neckbrace everytime I play Black Moon's "How Many MC's"........

Same thing for me, but that's when I play "Gotcha Opin"

Prince Paul is the MANG.

De La Soul's "Buloone Mindstate" is one of the best albums MUSICALLY (and lyrically, Dove and Pos at their peak, they haven't come down yet either) that I've EVER listened to, and Prince produced that shit to the teeth.

"Prince of Thieves" is dope as hell, too. The production matched EVERY guest's character.

Beatminerz are ill. Black Moon, OGC, Smif N Wessun (oh my god, TOP NOTCH).

If anyone has ever heard the De La Soul & Beatminerz track off of the "A.I.D.S. - America Is Dying Slowly" album, that shit is straight bangin.

^^^^^naw,I disagree........the last track on "Stakes Is High".....ummmm.....I think it's called "Sunshine".....I can't remember...I haven't heard that shit since Vietnam....but....I remember the beat...it was pretty sick....yeah,that was it.....'cause I remember throwing the "Return to the Crooklyn Dodgers'" single out the window after hearing it......damn,I wish I still had that single(The Return To The Crooklyn Dodgers)....fuck.

Originally posted by JesusMachine

Buhloone Mindstate was the last great De la Soul album. without prince paul, they ain't shit.

fave De la albums:

1. Is Dead

2. Buhloone Mindstate

3. 3 feet High and Rising

4. the rest suck

yeah...ok, whatEVER!

anyway... his remix of Blue FLowers by Dr. Octagon (AKA ifyadontknow!) is the shit, all spacey like kevin and eartha like kitt!

wait... I thought the violins version WAS the Prince Paul cut... I got 3 or 4 versions on a burnt cd when they came out, no docs but, I thought... well... if he didn't do the one with the crazy violins then I retract my statement...

but that kid is STILL wrong about the De La albums....

Guest chicken bone

Yeah the violins loop version was on the original album, and that song was produced by Dan the Automater. He's good too but I prefer Prince Paul. And yeah De La didn't get THAT much help from Prince Paul, they still come out with goodies.

I remember I was listening to blue flowers the first time I did mushrooms. I don't want to get into a stupid druggy story but that song just fit the entire mood so well. I was also in a park when I did it and watched grass/flowers grow and patterns float across the sky. Yeah.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by 455

^^^^^naw,I disagree........the last track on "Stakes Is High".....ummmm.....I think it's called "Sunshine".....I can't remember...I haven't heard that shit since Vietnam....but....I remember the beat...it was pretty sick....yeah,that was it.....'cause I remember throwing the "Return to the Crooklyn Dodgers'" single out the window after hearing it......damn,I wish I still had that single(The Return To The Crooklyn Dodgers)....fuck.

yes, that's a great song for sure... i think with the cal tjader sample... oh boy.