Prince Harry goes to a costume party...

trackstand

What the fuck was he thinking? I won't even start to rant about how it is offensive, because that sort of speaks for it's self, but, this is the biggest lack of judgement ever. How fucking stupid can you be? How can somebody with so much clout think that they can get away with that. Completely ridiculous. It should've been evident that the media, Jewish activist's and other political groups would jump all over you for it. Fuck I'm tired, goodnight.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prince_harry_nazi2.jpg

LONDON - Being the son of Princess Diana buys some sympathy, but not enough to get away with wearing a Nazi uniform.

So Prince Harry is learning, to immense royal embarrassment, after his party costume provoked outrage from Jewish groups and politicians.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center urged the wayward 20-year-old to go to Auschwitz to atone; the leader of the opposition Conservative Party demanded a public apology, and another lawmaker wanted Harry barred from the army.

"What Harry did was both stupid and evil," said Lord Janner, a senior figure in Britain's Jewish community. "The time has come for him to make a public apology."

Harry made his first apology Wednesday night, just as The Sun newspaper's first edition was hitting the streets with a big headline - HARRY THE NAZI - and a picture of the young royal wearing a swastika armband.

Snap heard around world

The picture was snapped by a guest at a costume party on Saturday, and apparently sold to The Sun. "It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize," Harry said in a statement issued through the office of his father, Prince Charles.

Prince William reportedly was costumed as a leopard and lion for the "native and colonial" theme party at the home of Richard Meade, who won three gold medals in equestrian events at the 1968 and 1972 Olympics. One unidentified woman in the photo was dressed as an American Indian, while another was attired as a European peasant. A man wore what appeared to be an Arab headdress.

"I think a lot of people will be disappointed to see that photograph and it will cause a lot of offense," said Michael Howard, leader of Britain's main opposition Conservative Party.

"I think it might be appropriate for him to tell us himself just how contrite he now is," added Howard, who is Jewish.

Blair not piling on

Prime Minister Tony Blair sidestepped the furor. "Prince Harry has made it clear that he is very sorry about it. The rest of it is best to leave Buckingham Palace to comment on," he told BBC radio.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles expressed outrage.

"We strongly urge Prince Harry to accompany the British delegation on Jan. 27 to the Auschwitz death camp to commemorate 60 years since liberation," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the center. "There he will see the results of the hated symbol he so foolishly and brazenly chose to wear."

However, a spokesman at Clarence House, Prince Charles' London residence, said sending Harry to the ceremonies at Auschwitz "is not something we would be considering."

"Basically we felt that the prince's apology last evening was very comprehensive and extensive," said a spokesman.

Army, not school, proposed

Doug Henderson, a legislator and former defense ministry official, said Harry was unfit to take his place at Sandhurst, the military academy.

But Janner said: "I would send him in the army as fast as possible. I hope that would teach him not to behave like that."

The action also upset many Israelis.

Vice Premier Shimon Peres called it "very bizarre."

"Well, the next time he will dress up and behave like a prince," Peres said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said: "The use of Nazi symbols is always intolerable... especially now that we are marking the 60th anniversary of the release from the death camps."

The incident secured Harry's place as the current buffoon in the long-running royal soap opera.

In October, Harry got into a fistfight with a photographer outside a nightclub. Before that, a former art teacher at Eton claimed she had helped Harry cheat on an exam - a charge rejected by a tribunal. And in 2002, Charles made Harry spend a day at a drug rehabilitation center after he was caught smoking marijuana and indulging in underage drinking.

Charles himself has served his time as most disgraceful royal; so has Harry's outspoken grandfather Prince Philip, his uncles Prince Andrew and Prince Edward and their wives, and his aunt, Princess Anne.

But none made the mistake of trampling on sensitivities about World War II and the Holocaust, still vivid issues in Britain even as audiences roar at dancing Nazis in Mel Brooks' musical version of "The Producers" in London's West End.

"This incident serves as another reminder, if one were needed, of the importance for Holocaust education, particularly amongst the young," said Stephen Smith, who heads the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, which organizes British commemorations of the Jan. 27 anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps.

Harry's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, will mark the day by holding a reception at St. James' Palace for death camp survivors and some of the British soldiers who liberated them.

Guest imported_b0b

Really, what is the big deal? Has no-one ever dressed up like Hitler before this?

Anyway here are a couple of customes he should have gone in:

[attachmentid=6016]

[attachmentid=6015]

harry.jpg.434a171a7ec123154f7ac2e1992af1bd.jpg

prince_harry_tidal_wave.jpg.1183b5368a8558f4ec3b0ff45e869506.jpg

regardless of the jewish anger.....

How many Brits dies fighting in WWII?

How many young men faced their deaths

in order to help 'God Save the king'?

I think this fucker should get a public flogging

and locked in the tower of london for a few weeks.

Originally posted by JesusMachine@Jan 14 2005, 09:50 AM

we all know what his swastika implied.

no shit?

so its not some new order regiment of nazis doing religous good deeds?

damn I'm gullible.

the point I was making was that people (especially organized groups) get offended too easily. that or they just like to bitch.

did anyone get hurt by him doing this? no.

was it in bad taste? sure.

all I'm saying is that mother fuckers need to grow some thicker skin. would it have been any worse or better had he dressed up like the taliban, a viking, or some other historical group that committed some kind of atrocity to mankind? thousands of small children dress up like cowboys and army men every halloween. last I checked those fuckers weren't exactly saints either.

well.... the british royal family only changed their name to 'Windsor' durring the war with the krauts.

and steveaustin.... no matter what the swastika might have ment to ancient religions.....

hindus never wore them on red arm bands.

and there are still brittons alive who fought the nazis,

if there's a brit still kicking who fought off the vikings,

then I have a new hero.

ummm....... Can you trace you lineage back 1000 years?

the Royals are the largest property owners in the world

followed only by the Vatican. It used to be that 1/4 of the

planet was considered 'crown land' (regardless of what the natives thoght)

It's more than money... it's history and culture.

missing the point man.

its a costume. its not like he was attending a rally or some kind of a meeting. they're just clothes. no threats were made. no one got hurt.

if it was joe blow (the ordinary citizen) at some party would it have been as big a deal? no. would it be world news? definitely not.

all I have to say is thank god I'm not living under a microscope.

damnit...... HE'S A FUCKING PRINCE!!!!

If Jenna Bush threw a towel on her head and stated chathing 'allah salami'

it would be half as bad. Sure it's just a costume.... but if a million+ people

died FOR MY FAMILY I'd thnk twice before pulling some stunt to offend them.

Keep in mind I dont care about the jewish angle. I care about the Old British Vets

who lost so much FOR KING AND COUNTRY only to see this shit act like it was a joke.

We're not talking about the average Joe here.

We're not talking about Lindsay Lohan getting drunk

and it's not Brittney Spear marrying a dirtbag in Vegas.

IT'S THE FUCKING ROYAL FAMILY and this brat clearly has no respect for what his country has given him.

* angry typo

sure it's based on myths,

but if enough people beleive them they are just as good as true.

I think the monarchy is an outdated and corrupt concept, but the

lives lost defending them are AS REAL AS IT GETS. EVER!

13371.jpg

You tell this guy that it's just a costume.

dude don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to defend a spoiled brat.

he's 20 years old. I'm sure his thinking never made it past the whoa...this would be cool stage. obviously it was a bad idea...especially since he's a prince.

I just think people in general need to learn to let things go. I could go on with my reasoning...but it'd end up a whole different thread and I'm kinda tired.

yes... he is just a dumb kid.... but doesnt he have 'handlers'?

Sure there's that whole rebellion thing that every young man

goes though, but there's a certain level of duty to uphold.

My big think is that I dont want him to just apologise to jewish group...

I expect him to apologise to every WWII vet and everyone who lost family to the war.

I personally lost 4 great uncles on my father's mother's side alone.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Jan 14 2005, 09:30 PM

missing the point man.

its a costume. its not like he was attending a rally or some kind of a meeting. they're just clothes. no threats were made. no one got hurt.

if it was joe blow (the ordinary citizen) at some party would it have been as big a deal? no. would it be world news? definitely not.

^^Well said that man. If he was REALLY a nazi then that changes everything. This is just tabloid newspapers in a frenzy over nothing.

personally i think its fucking hillarious and give him props for it.

i mean what, the us sold the nazi party arms through half of ww2 which my fams fought in....and to boot that faggots grandson is the president again and just admitted he was wrong in starting an illegal war which has taken almost 1500 young american lives, hundreds of thousands of innocent iraqis lifes, and wounded and scarred thousands of patriotic young americans who wanted nothing more than to defend their country.

then look at israel, dont get me wrong, im not racist, but israel is the MOST racist modern country on the face of the earth, they whine about auchwitz(sp) and granted auchwitz(sp) was fucked up, but they rose up in Warsaw, they rose up in Sobibor(sp)...you know, when your people are being slaughtered by a corrupt goverment it might be a good idea to die fighting instead of listening to lies...anyway, far more have died in the middle east at the hand of us instigated wars than died in the holocaust(sp). And dont even call me antisemitic either...naww thats anti genocide and right now israel is committing genocide and substantial evidence indicates they were behind the world trade center bombings.

nazi concentration camps=palestinien refugee camps, stolen land, murdered school children...yet they natives of palestine are labeled terrorists because they fight back for the land that was stolen from them.

give a fuck, id be more offended to see a motherfucker marching proudly in a idf uniform than i would a nazi uniform. and to counter you motherfuckers who gonna talk shit, my friend was damn near murdered by nazi gang members in cali.

so props prince harry, props for pissing off a bunch of people that think its ok to commit genocide in the name of being the chosen people or whatever that zionist bullshit is.

i mean fuck im american, i still have a first ammednment i got half a mind to go fly a nazi flag in front of the israeli embassy just to say fuck you. stop stealing land and killing innocent people with my tax dollars....

and to be honest with you, im as open minded, forgiving and non racist as they come, i just call em as i see em....

actually, it would be better to super impose the israeli star of david under the swastika, that would better express my point.

but hey, at least give the nazis their props, they fucked shit up and one little country damn near took over the world, not to say i in anyway agree with their murderous, sick, demented philosophys, but id think twice before i got in a fight with them...

yadda yadda, i had coffee.

Seeking, what's the complaint again, exactly? You don't like the Jews, and our boy Harry offended them by wearing the Loser Side uniform to a costume party. Shit, I would have thought all you Palestinian supporters would be delighted that the Boy Prince dressed up in Nazi drag. Don't think for a second that the Arab nations have any grudge against the Nazis. They fucking LOVED Hitler, and the German and American neo-Nazis are thick as thieves with the Muslim extremists.

The Jews are racists? No shit? Did you just figure that out? Guess what. EVERYBODY IS A FUCKING RACIST, it's just that it's a big faux pas for White Folks to tell the truth about it. Apparently, though, it's okay for everybody else to be as racist as they please.

To quote that wonderful, if frequently inebriated, and occasionally incarcerated, American celebrity, Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?" Answer: "NO."