Pretty fucked up...

SinGunChaser

There's an artist, Nathalia Edenmont, who kills cats, mice, doves, rabbits, and other animals, mutilates their bodies, and then takes their photographs. She's on exhibit, among other places, at the Wetterling Gallery in Sweden. She has taken the top halves of five white mice and made them into finger puppets. She beat a cat to death with a stick. And this is called art. This is not only inhumane, but morally reprehensible.

Link to samples of the exhibit (warning! offensive content): http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/archive/n...thalia_main.htm

The Wetterling Gallery's Justification of her work: http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/newsletter/newsletter.htm

*****Link to the petition against her: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/853089392

if you need to murder animals for the name of art, you obviously have no talent or creativity!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...

needless to say this is interesting...

but sick at the same time..i am a huge fan of not limiting a persons creative expression but this seems sort of selfish..wow..im stunned..

in a way i like and enjoy it..but something is telling me it is wrong.. :hatred: :love2:

im interested in what seeking thinks about this..

go protest meat eating and all that. at least this woman is just flat out cruel for the sake of creativity.

don t sit and protest this ONE person's artwork contians cruelty and every single fast food meal contains ten times the cruelty of this one artwork.

fuckers........

-back from the clink.

Originally posted by 22fillmore@Oct 25 2004, 01:02 AM

go protest meat eating and all that. at least this woman is just flat out cruel for the sake of creativity.

don t sit and protest this ONE person's artwork contians cruelty and every single fast food meal contains ten times the cruelty of this one artwork.

fuckers........

-back from the clink.

You fucking moron. i don't agree with the *from what i've heard* way the fast food industry, or really the food industry in general, treats animals. but this fucking douche bag of a woman beats the shit out of a cat and calls it art. FUCK YOU.

-go back to the fucking clink you piece of shit.

in a muslim country, this bitch would be stoned to death... if she would have commited adultery of course. and if it were back in the 1400s.

she would also get her hand cut off...if she would have stolen...and also if it were back in the 1400s...and if it were a muslim country,

whats this thread about?

Who gives a fuck.

Surely if there's natural order to the way things are man's fascination with murder, torture, and suffering is included in it. Some lady getting cheese from maiming housepets is the least of the world's problems, lets try to forget the 56 year old platinum blonde with silicone 34DD titties that made you feel confused and vulnerable at your dayjob and get our heads back in the game.

By all means, have your petty little causes.. it's cute, just know that in reality they're in the same vein as catholics going to confession and hobbies taken up to combat a midlife crisis.

...and I really like animals, too.

Edit: Now that I'm actually looking at the site.. the 'art' itself is hurt.

you people fucking disgust me.

maybe im just drunk, tired and been without nicotine for the last 3 days, but what the fuck? petty causes, yeah, it's small, it's acouple of dead animals, but the point is.. this bitch is doing this in the publics eye. beating the shit out of something that can't fight back so she can make a dollar. this is the moron that only painted with bodily fluids just one step further. i'd kill her myself and then hang her on the fucking wall. i mean, she should understand right? it's just art.

i'm with iloveboxcars on this one... this woman needs to be given tiny papercuts all over her body. there's no excuse for what she's doing. she's probably just a fucking sadist who needs to find an excuse for her sick fetish of clubbing helpless animals to death. i don't understand how she's been able to avoid any sort of legal consequences. she admits to killing these animals, so she should be arrested, simple as that.

yeah, its pretty fucking retarded. What sense does finding a perfectly ok animal, buyin it, full well knowing that you a gonna beat the shit outta it. amazing how people find this ok. It is an interestin thought, dont get me wrong, but so is anyting that is diffrent, but in no way does that make it right....this is just retarded...

There is nothing illegal in Nathalia's art. She has killed the animals in as humane a way as possible. Has she been guilty of a moral crime? We do not think so. We think that art is of vital importance. What do you think?

what part of "beating the animals to death with sticks, is original

what gets me, is basically they are all the same thing, just a differnet color, of a different animals head. She of course could span into some different media, but she sticks to this same thing, and does the same thing basically. thats retarded.....

Looks like Alice in Wonderland to me.

Shes looking for shock value, probably trying to get fame through the attention she will receive. Shes killing animals and (as it seems) not even utitlizing their resources (as in, actually eating their meat and not just throwing it out).

I happen to think this is disgusting. She could have executed a project like this much, much differently. Instead she ripped off costumes from Alice in Wonderland etc and decided to kill defenseless cats and birds to gain fame and some money.

What a bitch, hey guys, lets decapitate her and stick her on a vase with a froufrou collar. See how she feels when she reads her own pricetag.

she needed to beat the cat to death with a stick because she needed it to be in good condition?!

apparently she has not heard about having animals 'put to sleep'.

this is an interesting topic. on one hand i of course think it's insane and disgusting, but on the other hand, i like the confrontation it demands.

im glad this exists, but i hope it stops.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by seeking@Oct 25 2004, 09:49 AM

this is an interesting topic. on one hand i of course think it's insane and disgusting, but on the other hand, i like the confrontation it demands.

im glad this exists, but i hope it stops.

Perfectly put.

I don't know, I'm not getting as outraged as most people are with this thing. It is fucked up though.

*EDIT: I can't find any mention of her saying she beat a cat to death. Help?

After reading all of our thoughts, I checked all 3 links and see nothing about how we found out about her killing cats with sticks. Not debating it but curious how we found this info out??

Beyond that I like the art. The concept of pushing us against our own double standards in this fashion is unique.

I would like to see her using a vet and drugging them if that stick shit is true.

Originally posted by 22fillmore@Oct 25 2004, 02:02 AM

fuckers........

-back from the clink.

I think killing animals because theyre tasty is a better than killing them for creativity.