Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Pretty fucked up...

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by SinGunChaser, Oct 25, 2004.

1. SinGunChaser

SinGunChaser New Jack

There's an artist, Nathalia Edenmont, who kills cats, mice, doves, rabbits, and other animals, mutilates their bodies, and then takes their photographs. She's on exhibit, among other places, at the Wetterling Gallery in Sweden. She has taken the top halves of five white mice and made them into finger puppets. She beat a cat to death with a stick. And this is called art. This is not only inhumane, but morally reprehensible.

Link to samples of the exhibit (warning! offensive content): http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/archive/n...thalia_main.htm
    The Wetterling Gallery's Justification of her work: http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/newsletter/newsletter.htm

*****Link to the petition against her: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/853089392

if you need to murder animals for the name of art, you obviously have no talent or creativity!!!!

2. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

damn thats pretty good.

whats art?

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

wow...

needless to say this is interesting...
    but sick at the same time..i am a huge fan of not limiting a persons creative expression but this seems sort of selfish..wow..im stunned..

in a way i like and enjoy it..but something is telling me it is wrong.. :hatred: :love2:

im interested in what seeking thinks about this..

4. Pfffffffffft

this looks an awful lot like my cat....so that makes me mad..

[​IMG]

5. Pfffffffffft

6. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

7. 22fillmore

22fillmore New Jack

go protest meat eating and all that. at least this woman is just flat out cruel for the sake of creativity.

don t sit and protest this ONE person's artwork contians cruelty and every single fast food meal contains ten times the cruelty of this one artwork.

fuckers........

-back from the clink.

8. Pfffffffffft

this thread should be interesting

9. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

You fucking moron. i don't agree with the *from what i've heard* way the fast food industry, or really the food industry in general, treats animals. but this fucking douche bag of a woman beats the shit out of a cat and calls it art. FUCK YOU.

-go back to the fucking clink you piece of shit.

10. Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus Junior Member

in a muslim country, this bitch would be stoned to death... if she would have commited adultery of course. and if it were back in the 1400s.

she would also get her hand cut off...if she would have stolen...and also if it were back in the 1400s...and if it were a muslim country,

whats this thread about?

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

a sad excuse.
    (speaking of the female artist in question)

12. SinGunChaser

SinGunChaser New Jack

I just think it is insane that in order to make your art you need to beat fully consious animals with sticks until they die. Which she did because she "needed the body to be in good condition".

13. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Who gives a fuck.

Surely if there's natural order to the way things are man's fascination with murder, torture, and suffering is included in it. Some lady getting cheese from maiming housepets is the least of the world's problems, lets try to forget the 56 year old platinum blonde with silicone 34DD titties that made you feel confused and vulnerable at your dayjob and get our heads back in the game.

By all means, have your petty little causes.. it's cute, just know that in reality they're in the same vein as catholics going to confession and hobbies taken up to combat a midlife crisis.

...and I really like animals, too.

Edit: Now that I'm actually looking at the site.. the 'art' itself is hurt.

14. MANOWAR

MANOWAR Member

bonkers completly bonkers. I am 50/50 on how i feel about it at the moment, but all i know is that she caught some attention and she did it in a real fucked up fashion.

15. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

...one question...

how the fuck does a person get into this style of "art"..let alone a woman..

and is she hot?

cause i'd let her give me a handjob with those mouse fingergloves