preggo skydiver chute fails

BURLAP

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/12/13/skydi...e.ap/index.html

Skydiver survives fall, gets baby surprise

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 Posted: 2123 GMT (0523 HKT)

SILOAM SPRINGS, Arkansas (AP) -- Shayna Richardson was making her first solo skydiving jump when she had trouble with her parachutes and, while falling at about 50 mph, hit face first in a parking lot.

Although badly hurt, she survived -- and doctors treating her injuries discovered she was pregnant. Four surgeries and two months later, Richardson said she and the fetus are doing fine.

"Just this last week we went and saw the doctor and we've got arms, we've got legs. We've got a full face. The baby is moving around just fine. The heart rate looks good. So not only did God save me but he spared this baby," she said.

Richardson, 21, of Joplin, Missouri, was skydiving in Siloam Springs on October 9 when her main parachute failed.

"I heard a snap and I started spinning and I didn't know why. I didn't know what to do to fix it. I didn't know how to make it stop," Richardson told Fort Smith, Arkansas, television station KFSM.

She cut away her primary chute so her reserve could deploy, but it didn't open all the way. She spun out of control, heading straight for the asphalt below.

"At the end I said, 'I'm going to die. I'm going to hit the ground. I'm going to die,"' she said. "I don't remember it. I don't remember hitting the ground. I don't remember the impact or anything that came with it."

Rescuers got her to a hospital in Fayetteville, where Richardson underwent surgery. She broke her pelvis in two places, broke her leg, lost six teeth and now has 15 steel plates.

"I went into the first surgery where they cut me from ear to ear and they cut my face down and they took out all the fractured egg-shelled bones and put in steel plates," Richardson said.

During treatment, doctors found that Richardson was pregnant, which was a surprise to her. She said she would not have jumped had she known.

"To hit the ground belly first -- that's dangerous. I mean at any stage of pregnancy that's dangerous. That's not something you want to do let alone at 50 miles per hour," Richardson said.

Her fall was videotaped and Richardson said she was able to watch it, without qualms.

"I wanted to watch it," said Richardson. "And the whole reason I'm comfortable with watching it because I know how it ends."

Richardson said her due date is June 25. She plans to make her next parachute jump in August.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MSG aint no joke...i hadnt taken a dump in a week and a half ,until one day i was makin my morning scrambled eggs and as i was adding some curry powder i noticed the bottle ingrediants said msg on it.. so i looked through all my spices i bought at biglots a month ago and almost all of them had msg in it...

once i stopped using them it was smooth droppinfrom then on..two days later i finished 7 chapters of roots on the shitter..

oh yea.. that chick looks like a lovedoll..kinda makes me wanna prop her up on a couch hand poke her tits with my pinky

Did anyone see that snl commercial skit where this black dude is in his office and two white guy come up to him and are like "hey were going sky diving on the weekend you wanna come?" and he's like, ".......HELL NO!!!"

Oh and that lady looks like she fell out of an airplane with no parachute. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Dec 14 2005, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Dec 14 2005, 02:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SpyD@Dec 14 2005, 09:21 AM

on a side note. i didnt know niggas was skydiving now. I might just have to do it.

and even doing that their objectifying women....

;)

[/b]

He probably drove her car to the jump site. you know how niggas be....

Guest Sparoism

Yep. They're out, all right.

Too bad...she looked all right before skydiving had its crack at her. Like, CRRRRRRRRRRR-AAAAACK!

Maybe a face transplant is in order?

Shit...that's fucked up.