*Precision/Perfectionism

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I've always thought that precision is the ultimate goal, presicion in everything, from the words one picks to make a point, to cutting a piece of paper. Presicion can also be an abstract term, since there lots of space on what is important to be one way or another, ex. i think that theres more precicion in a throw up that is well designed, with perfect lines even if the outline doesnt exactly follow the fill, than a mediocre design with 'perfect' lines...to say names...Delta VS Swet=Delta, what i'm saying i guess is that precision has some sort of freedom. Thats were Perfectionism comes, I think perfectionism is an annoying problematic little thing. People that suffer from it (like yours trully in a small scale) usually act self-destructively, you make something and even if you know its good, (good means that you managed to step forward) you just want it to be perfect, next thing you know you're chasing down things that arent yet in your abilities and beyond your understanding with the result of destroying what was good and block your evolution...not to mention completely wipe out any sense of joy for what you've done.

The worst enemy of good is better

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive never been that much of a perfectioinist. only in things i actually like. ie graff and my djing. ask my teachers, theyll tell u i coulndt even be fucked to colour in the lines wen i was younger!

ahh tesser... raising such deep questions....

Here's my slant.

With increased detail, somes a greater degree of imperfection.

Think if the Mona Lisa was standing and her entire figure was in frame.

Even with the same artistic skill, the imperfections would be increasingly visable.

So only through removing all the excessive embelishments and breaking things

down to their purest form, can we find perfection.

Let me illustrate what I mean by finding perfection in simplicity...

(or a close to it as you can realistically get)

http://www.intent.com/sg/flower_of_life.gif'>

^ math is a absolute. There are no imperfections in math.

http://www.crystalinks.com/goldenmeanspiral.jpg'>

^ I know its a cliche... but nature holds perfection of design.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00273021f00000002.jpg'>

^ It's not perfect, but I think it's flawless. There's a difference.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Mr. mang, that was really usefull...

Zesto, whoa man, good shit there..i totally agree. I'd say that perfect can only be for nature and never on a single piece...perfection only exists in big things such as an organism. mathematics are a nature decoder, like any form od art...and this is the point i congratulate you for precision in words...Flawless is the word for manmade things, you just cant do perfect. Apart from that what is a flaw is a big convo, on that, trully awesome and definatelly flawless, Joker canvas a bad frame could be a flaw, a bad line couldnt..as long as it wasnt a mistake, as long as it served something.

Guest imported_Tesseract

PS to mang, i have reasons to believe that the housekeeper of this site is a true perfectionist and precise as a robot surgery at the same time.

and i really am an insomniac:dazed:

just to add another word to Mang's list.

Depression - It seems that every other day I hear someone saying

'I feel so depressed today'. Got news for you, if it's real depression,

you'll be feling it every day! It's a clinical term that's been taken by

people who wish they had an accurate lable.

Same as Insomnia, Panic Attack, Anxiety Attack, and Nymphomaniac.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Kilo7-

^ math is a absolute. There are no imperfections in math.

Actually, there is no perfect math. The most perfect and complete formal systems are victims to the Gödel theorem, which makes them imperfect. If they are not succeptible to the theorem, it's because the system is less complete and therefore less perfect.

But whatever, that doesn't pertain to the subject and is just my stupid attempt at sounding smart. I can't vouch for perfectionism, cause I'm sloppy as fuck... I've been trying all my life to improve my craftmanship and precision, and I still remain at a below average level. Robot drawing is a big part of my training, cause it requires a lot of patience to focus on detail, symmetry, and 3D accuracy. But I still suck at building/carving/sculpting things, and I would give my left nut to be good at it. All my attempts at perfecting things always result in me going beyond the point of no return and fucking up my things even worse. It sucks, but the challenge keeps things interesting... until it becomes frustrating. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest imported_Tesseract

ok, why not mess things up a bit more?...Perfection may be something that cant be achieved...still being a perfectionist could also mean that your ambition and desire levels are very high...a loser perfectionist could be someone that although wants to produce things of a high quality, uses it as an excuse to do nothing or even not finish anything...a perfectonist of a good kind, could be someone that learns to master skills and ways to achieve what he's after but gets paranoid and sometimes depressed by the result...the reason for someone to evolve and continue maybe anothers reason to quit..or not even start

increasingly archaic...

The Zen Enso

http://www.pacific-aikido.org/images/enso.jpg'>

The zen enso is the supreme symbol of the zen brush art.

The cirlce can have many meanings, but all are made from

a single, perfect stroke. The texture and size of the circle is flawed,

but the action of painting it is perfect. Get that?

yeah.. it's tricky!

Originally posted by Tesseract

...a loser perfectionist could be someone that although wants to produce things of a high quality, uses it as an excuse to do nothing or even not finish anything...the reason for someone to evolve and continue maybe anothers reason to quit..or not even start

Shit, that's me...terminally under-motivated and dissatisfied.

• 2 months later...

<==== self proclaimed "loser perfectionst."

i know it's your intellectual property, tesser; i give you your due.

no such thing as perfect math, as mamerro covered. i'd like to add a few things to that thought, but i'm a loser perfectionist that feels it would require too much effort to elucidate in a satisfactory manner.

there's nothing wrong with saying you "feel depressed." there isn't any clinical threshold for depression; many do experience mild depression. saying "i'm depressed" is a little more problematic, but nothing to get upset about. :)

Guest bigdork

i enjoy the process of perfection not the product of perfection. to me perfection is being mindfull in your every movement, task, and breath, then anything you do will be perfect.

Archived