Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Practice?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by chuck taylor, Jul 27, 2004.

1. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

what does everyone think about practicing your graffiti before you go out and crush shit? some people say you should practice on paper till you get good, but then you dont really get any experience with paint. others say you should just work with paint in dayspots until you get good at it, some say you should just go out and fuck shit up no matter how horrible you look, and others say do it all. what the fuck do you think

2. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

personally i think you should just stick to the blackbook and cutty dayspots until you get decent, cause im so fuckin tired of looking at toy ass tags.

3. WeStSiDe g

WeStSiDe g New Jack

after the fact i agree that u shud practice before u start bombing hard because people hella judged me by the shit i was doing when i juss started and first impressions are hard to change so even tho im a million times better then when i start people still remember when i used to bomb some toy ass shit even if they give me props for bombing hard....people these days forget that its more that just ur style u gotta be able to stand up for ur shit and not cry like a bitch when someobdy with more bars then you disses you and to juss prove them wrong and practice till u get better

4. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Yeah. Number one and two.

5. goonstock

goonstock Member

yeah. and the back yard thingie. with the board and uhhh. stuff.

6. rinse

rinse Member

just do what you do. dont poll everybody to make your desicions for you.

7. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

i didnt make this to help me figure out what to do ive already been through this stage, i just wanted to see what everyone thinks of this subject.

8. decomposed32

decomposed32 Junior Member

you know i went for # 2 chuck
    whats real is when you first start out - you go w/ # 3 because you just want to startgetting out there- see what you got w/ a can then people start hating then you move to # 1 which is practicing on paper... then your style comes up somewhat but haters are always there hating... which moves you to #2... i think thats the way most come up in the graff game. thats what i would call learning grimy graff from the streets-- fuck art classes-

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

riiiightttttttt.

use common sense. do you like looking at really terrible scribbles all over everything? neither do we.
    can control will come easy once you get a basic grip on simple letters.

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I used to be all about #3 but then word got round people were hunting for me (this is around 1994).

I go back to #1 for about five to six years.

Now i'm at #2 moving steadily out into the "game"

It was worth it.

11. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

no one believes me. :(

12. de

de New Jack

nu,ber 2 by far the best option and mayb number 1 but can control is a must...:D

13. 40oZ_fiEnd

40oZ_fiEnd Member

all of the above helped me...look at me now!

14. decomposed32

decomposed32 Junior Member

15. SC"831"

SC"831" New Jack

i got this old fence in my backyard and i just paint on that, just buff it every once and a while....then you get the:king: shi.t