Practice?

chuck taylor

what does everyone think about practicing your graffiti before you go out and crush shit? some people say you should practice on paper till you get good, but then you dont really get any experience with paint. others say you should just work with paint in dayspots until you get good at it, some say you should just go out and fuck shit up no matter how horrible you look, and others say do it all. what the fuck do you think

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

after the fact i agree that u shud practice before u start bombing hard because people hella judged me by the shit i was doing when i juss started and first impressions are hard to change so even tho im a million times better then when i start people still remember when i used to bomb some toy ass shit even if they give me props for bombing hard....people these days forget that its more that just ur style u gotta be able to stand up for ur shit and not cry like a bitch when someobdy with more bars then you disses you and to juss prove them wrong and practice till u get better

you know i went for # 2 chuck

whats real is when you first start out - you go w/ # 3 because you just want to startgetting out there- see what you got w/ a can then people start hating then you move to # 1 which is practicing on paper... then your style comes up somewhat but haters are always there hating... which moves you to #2... i think thats the way most come up in the graff game. thats what i would call learning grimy graff from the streets-- fuck art classes-

Originally posted by chuck taylor

i didnt make this to help me figure out what to do ive already been through this stage, i just wanted to see what everyone thinks of this subject.

riiiightttttttt.

use common sense. do you like looking at really terrible scribbles all over everything? neither do we.

can control will come easy once you get a basic grip on simple letters.

I used to be all about #3 but then word got round people were hunting for me (this is around 1994).

I go back to #1 for about five to six years.

Now i'm at #2 moving steadily out into the "game"

It was worth it.

backyard...............do ugly/ not so good things then switch word when you get the hang of it.cuz practicing in the daytime on something legal is pretty different than street bombing....so paint some illegals....thats how you get good

Archived