practice walls

hot niks

do you think its queer to use a wall in your backyard to practice on? ive just recently caught the bug for painting, after putting down my cans for at least 5 yrs.. i kept paper piecing so my style has progressed but i lost all my can control as i found out last week i like my wall, and i dont care what other people think. i just want to know if anyone else is doing this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small Town Grime..

Hell, painting in my garage and under a few select bridges and in the yard a town over.. is about all the hell I do. Don't live in a city big enough to warrent throwies aesthetic speaking ..

plus cop's don't have anything better to do in my town than ilegally search some kid with a messenger bag walking around at 3am. bastards.

i started paintin when i was hella little and none of my friends went painting or bombing so i had nobody to go with. i painted my back wall every day and i think i had the best 13 year old can control around. it hel;ps me nowadays to to be able to cut lines and fade and whatnot. so i would sat yea backyard walls are anything but gay. thier hella tight.

Originally posted by WEAK NIGGUH

WHO CARES IF YOU HAVE BAD CAN CONTROL OR WHATEVER JUST GO PAINT I THINK PRACTICING IN YOUR BACKYARD IS GAY

well my shit comes correct... an you can only sketch so much, till you get to the point were its time to try new things with paint.also its nce to see what you can put down with out being parinoid or rushed.

Originally posted by ¤¤FoRGE²¤¤

I THINK ITS A WASTE OF PAINT BUT IF YOU CAN GET PAINT EASILY ID USE IT...FUCK I WISH I HAD A BACKYARD WALL

yeah Im just getting back into the swing of things but i have somethin like 40 cans or so.. a lot admittedly donated to me by other cats in the game, but they are just happy to see me paint again after finishing out parole/probat...unrelated to graffiti

definately waste of paint, but actually not. im sick of seeing ridiculous shit painted everywhere. pieces are hard to do but the least anyone should do is to practice your handstyle before bombing the whole town with irregular no-controlled shit one cannot even label as "tags"

I would feel bad losing cans on some hidden board at the backyard but at least if you're a tool you can check out where the paint comes from and what each cap does. I'd probably practice throwups if I had my own wall. I love it when i see throwups that are as controlled as tags

why dont u do wot i do....just practise on a wall....somewhere quiet and then ring up ya council and complain that some1 has done it...and get umm to clean it off...then do it again and again....you get your style back and you get brownie points as a person who cares bout they're area.......:D

Originally posted by rumble

definately waste of paint, but actually not. im sick of seeing ridiculous shit painted everywhere. pieces are hard to do but the least anyone should do is to practice your handstyle before bombing the whole town with irregular no-controlled shit one cannot even label as "tags"

I would feel bad losing cans on some hidden board at the backyard but at least if you're a tool you can check out where the paint comes from and what each cap does. I'd probably practice throwups if I had my own wall. I love it when i see throwups that are as controlled as tags

the hands are still nyce, i kept catchin tags through the years......... i was talking about detailed fills and steadying my hand for the outlines more that anything...:) :)

you can always find a bridge or a tunnel in the burbs and make it your own. ask some street kid where he drinks his space bags at night. the point is, you don't want to shit where you sleep. back yard walls are a reason for your bitch neighbor to snitch on you.

Originally posted by hsimpson

you can always find a bridge or a tunnel in the burbs and make it your own. ask some street kid where he drinks his space bags at night. the point is, you don't want to shit where you sleep. back yard walls are a reason for your bitch neighbor to snitch on you.

werd, i keep a low profile, dont use my real name on the wall, and all the bridges and tunnels out here are spots that people go to paint already, try to find an unknown spot in my city is a feat in itself. plus the whole point is to hone my skills back to the piont where i can rock the shit out of any wall anyone can see...........