post high school

krs702

after high school what did you do? follow the college dream or work 9-5 trying to maintain an interest of yours?

since im assuming some of you do art did you take the college route for art or go starve yourself?

how bad is it living on your own right out of college? just lay down your stories id like to hear em

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well, I went to college directly after HS. My state has a lottery scholarship if you have a high enough gpa when you graduate, so my first semester was free. I fucked that up by failing a class and lost the $. This is the second semester of my 3rd year (out of 5) and I've been paying out of my own pocket. I work a full time job, and take classes full time. At 20 years old, I have my own apartment (no roommates), a car that runs, and about a low A, high B average in school; all of which I work my ass off for and love every minute of it...

It's not bad at all living on your own if you can keep yourself in line. It gets to be difficult if you don't put your school stuff first. Also, there's tons of money out there (via scholarships/financial aid/grants/loans) you've just got to apply for it. The more you apply for, the more you'll get, and the easier you'll have it financially which means more time for school, friends, whatever...

If i could do it again, i would have made sure to get realy good grades in highschool, and then go straight to a 4 year college in an area that i liked a lot. figure out what you want to do career wise when you get there, but definately go.

It's all about networking with others, learning as much as possibly, and hopefully finding something you love to do that pays well.

from the age of 18-21 i took large amounts of drugs, rode my skateboard and wrote graffiti. since the age of 21 i got a job, moved out of my parents place, travelled overseas for a few years, got married (and separated) and am currently living it up in melbourne australia

Guest wakassOATH

i passed highschool with OK marks and went straight for college.. i had a shitty job to support my habits on weekends .. i relized that i didnt know what i wanted to do in the future to support my self and i hated college cause i hadto take coarses that i fucking hated. i quit my job and dropped outta school.. so ive been a straight up bum for a little over a year now racking to support my self living at my parents house

i have to go back to school.. but the problem is i dont know what i wanna do later in life as a job.. so untill i find out that out.. im not gonna do shit.

Originally posted by wakassOATH

i have to go back to school.. but the problem is i dont know what i wanna do later in life as a job.. so untill i find out that out.. im not gonna do shit.

maybe 2% of people actually know what they want to do in life. 3% get a chance of doing something they like in life (ie-professional sportsperson...you know, something rad). 40% just choose something that will make money without actually thinking whether they'll like it or not. 50% of people just do whatver pays the bills cos a jobs just a fucking job at the end of the day. 5% of people live on the streets.

so good luck trying to figure out what you wanna do for the next 40 years

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

maybe 2% of people actually know what they want to do in life. 3% get a chance of doing something they like in life (ie-professional sportsperson...you know, something rad). 40% just choose something that will make money without actually thinking whether they'll like it or not. 50% of people just do whatver pays the bills cos a jobs just a fucking job at the end of the day. 5% of people live on the streets.

so good luck trying to figure out what you wanna do for the next 40 years

man that sucks

cause recently ive accually be scared.. i mean to all you kids out there who accually have decent jobs that you needed to go to college for.. how did you find out you wanted to do that?

i mean i cant imagine getting up for work at a 9-5 everyfucking day to a job that i hate

my dad always told me.. if you find a job that you accually enjoy doing.. you will never work a day in your life

thats what im trying to find.. problem is i dont like anything other than graffiti, bitches, and chillin drinking 40s with the boys .. shit like that.. i mean i enjoy other stuff like traveling .. but nothing really grabs me.. ive never been like "wow i love cars.. ill be a machanic and ill love it"

i dunno.. back to my question.. if you have a decent job that you went to school for..how did you findout what you wanted to do?

Have you ever thought about taking one of those tests ( I cant for the life of me think of what they are called right now) where they analyze your results and then kind of narrow down what you would best be suited for based on your answers? I have never taken one but i was lucky enough to recently find something that i love to do.

I finally realized that desk jobs and paper pushing is so over rated its not even funny no matter how much money you are getting paid.

Guest wakassOATH

yea my parents were making me take those shits..

i took about 4-5

they are called ..ummmm aptitude tests? i think

anyway it told me i should become a police officer (ya, thats gonna happen)

also it told me to do something with advertising.. witch when i thought about it kinda made sence.. i mean i write graffiti.. i try to get up putting my name every where in hot spots where people are gonna see it.. pretty much.. that IS advertising..

i never really folowed it though.

Originally posted by wakassOATH

aptitude tests.

also it told me to do something with advertising.. witch when i thought about it kinda made sence.. i mean i write graffiti.. i try to get up putting my name every where in hot spots where people are gonna see it.. pretty much.. that IS advertising..

i never really folowed it though.

yes aptitude tests. I dont know. I think, and i dont know how old you are, if you look back to your childhood and can pinpoint the two things that gave you the most enjoyment you will be able to find your job as well as your hobby. I have been stuck at all kinds of crappy dead end jobs until i sat down an evaluated my situation. When i was a kid it was all about drawing and builging things with legos. Now my hobby is art and the thing that pays the bills is rebuilding houses.

fuck it. Become a cop. I hear they have pretty good job security.

Guest wakassOATH

im 19

maybe i will become a cop

maybe i already a cop whos been on this fourm undercover for years

dun-dun-dunnnnn

as for the childhood stuff

i rember when i was a kid i when i wanted to grow i wanted to be a garbage man (yes thats right)

after that i wanted to become a plumber (i guess i was a weird kid)

anyway now a days i shudder even thinking of both those jobs.. accually a plumber wouldent be so bad.. but then again it kinda would be

i dont know

Originally posted by heavyLox

im glad the requirements for becoming a cop dont involve fluent typing.

Ha. I went to see about becoming a cop a while ago. They told me that i would have to wait another 3 years because of my criminal history. Then i went to see about getting a job at a bank. They told me it was going to be another 5 years before i should re aply. Im glad i dont have either one of those jobs.

Lets see From age 16-20 i Did insane amounts of drugs and was mainly concentrating on graffiti . I got expelled from a school in east chicago .Soon after i went to night school and ended up gettin my hsd . Because i knew i was gonna end up goin to college somehow.After that i didnt immediately go to college. I blew it off really . Continued to to sell drugs,paint and traveled most 50 states and got to live in europe for 2 yrs. was beautiful.I eventually went to prison. 2 yrs got out on parole. Now here i am Turning 24 goin back to school. Only this time. Im startin college and i have an idea of what i want to do. Criminal justice and pshchology . Im double majoring this shit. Plus takin fine arts as my minor. Anyhow thats pretty much after and now.I still am not sure. But i do know that i wanna learn more about law. Since i was then and now Am stuck in the system for a long time if not forever. Do what you love to do. Or do something that will change the future or have an impact in this lifetime. that or just fuckin paint. Which i will do also haha. Peace

Joined the military after high school, and signed up for 4 years. Been living overseas ever since. I'll be getting out in 8 days and will be attending UCLA. All I can say is that you tend to "grow up" a lot faster once you're out on your own and out of high school.

lets see after high school i did drugs went to jail had one kid did more drugs moved to alsaka had anoher kid stooped doing drugs moved back to ca drank alot worked in more bars moved to northen ca had third kid now pllaning to move back to central ca coastal area... damn now i fell old and theo congrats on ucla my sister in law is finshing up here last year getting ready to walk the grad line

Originally posted by soulkillers

lets see after high school i did drugs went to jail had one kid did more drugs moved to alsaka had anoher kid stooped doing drugs moved back to ca drank alot worked in more bars moved to northen ca had third kid now pllaning to move back to central ca coastal area... damn now i fell old and theo congrats on ucla my sister in law is finshing up here last year getting ready to walk the grad line

Congrats to your sister. Now let me get her number. ;)

Archived