Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

post high school

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by krs702, May 9, 2004.

1. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

after high school what did you do? follow the college dream or work 9-5 trying to maintain an interest of yours?

since im assuming some of you do art did you take the college route for art or go starve yourself?

how bad is it living on your own right out of college? just lay down your stories id like to hear em

2. 8onus

8onus Banned

as little as possible

3. bathoræ

bathoræ Member

Well, I went to college directly after HS. My state has a lottery scholarship if you have a high enough gpa when you graduate, so my first semester was free. I fucked that up by failing a class and lost the $. This is the second semester of my 3rd year (out of 5) and I've been paying out of my own pocket. I work a full time job, and take classes full time. At 20 years old, I have my own apartment (no roommates), a car that runs, and about a low A, high B average in school; all of which I work my ass off for and love every minute of it...

It's not bad at all living on your own if you can keep yourself in line. It gets to be difficult if you don't put your school stuff first. Also, there's tons of money out there (via scholarships/financial aid/grants/loans) you've just got to apply for it. The more you apply for, the more you'll get, and the easier you'll have it financially which means more time for school, friends, whatever...

4. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

If i could do it again, i would have made sure to get realy good grades in highschool, and then go straight to a 4 year college in an area that i liked a lot. figure out what you want to do career wise when you get there, but definately go.

It's all about networking with others, learning as much as possibly, and hopefully finding something you love to do that pays well.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

from the age of 18-21 i took large amounts of drugs, rode my skateboard and wrote graffiti. since the age of 21 i got a job, moved out of my parents place, travelled overseas for a few years, got married (and separated) and am currently living it up in melbourne australia

6. i11igul

i11igul Senior Member

^^know how to do it^^:cool:

7. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

i passed highschool with OK marks and went straight for college.. i had a shitty job to support my habits on weekends .. i relized that i didnt know what i wanted to do in the future to support my self and i hated college cause i hadto take coarses that i fucking hated. i quit my job and dropped outta school.. so ive been a straight up bum for a little over a year now racking to support my self living at my parents house

i have to go back to school.. but the problem is i dont know what i wanna do later in life as a job.. so untill i find out that out.. im not gonna do shit.

8. Abracadabra

maybe 2% of people actually know what they want to do in life. 3% get a chance of doing something they like in life (ie-professional sportsperson...you know, something rad). 40% just choose something that will make money without actually thinking whether they'll like it or not. 50% of people just do whatver pays the bills cos a jobs just a fucking job at the end of the day. 5% of people live on the streets.

so good luck trying to figure out what you wanna do for the next 40 years

9. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

^^it's all about the cream

10. Abracadabra

pimple or tinea?

11. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

tinea is much better

12. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

man that sucks

cause recently ive accually be scared.. i mean to all you kids out there who accually have decent jobs that you needed to go to college for.. how did you find out you wanted to do that?

i mean i cant imagine getting up for work at a 9-5 everyfucking day to a job that i hate

my dad always told me.. if you find a job that you accually enjoy doing.. you will never work a day in your life

thats what im trying to find.. problem is i dont like anything other than graffiti, bitches, and chillin drinking 40s with the boys .. shit like that.. i mean i enjoy other stuff like traveling .. but nothing really grabs me.. ive never been like "wow i love cars.. ill be a machanic and ill love it"

i dunno.. back to my question.. if you have a decent job that you went to school for..how did you findout what you wanted to do?

13. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Have you ever thought about taking one of those tests ( I cant for the life of me think of what they are called right now) where they analyze your results and then kind of narrow down what you would best be suited for based on your answers? I have never taken one but i was lucky enough to recently find something that i love to do.

I finally realized that desk jobs and paper pushing is so over rated its not even funny no matter how much money you are getting paid.

14. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

yea my parents were making me take those shits..
    i took about 4-5
    they are called ..ummmm aptitude tests? i think
    anyway it told me i should become a police officer (ya, thats gonna happen)

also it told me to do something with advertising.. witch when i thought about it kinda made sence.. i mean i write graffiti.. i try to get up putting my name every where in hot spots where people are gonna see it.. pretty much.. that IS advertising..

i never really folowed it though.

15. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

if you just sit around all day "chillin and drinking 40s with the boys" you will never experience anything that will make you realize that you love it.