**post drawing techniques**

wrest*oner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo if the maker bleads its good... and as for the prisma clear blender it only works well with color pencils! i got a clear blender from my art teacher that is real bad ass.. blends look perfect but can smear and mess shit up! just try to get markers that look close and use fadding hand strokes i guess.... it comes out nice... hope this helps

um....im not really one for using alot of colors in a piece. but.....

in my 3-d's i use generally 2 colors other than the black. white being one of them, and usually light green or pink being the other. or even just white. use a dry deco thats broken in for this.....especially the small decos...for some pretty interesting looking 3-d effects.

for inlines i use silver or gold gel pens. theyre the only ones ive found that can cover darks. i've noticed that dork uses thin decos for his inlines apparently, or so it would seem, but generally when i do that i have to overlay the lines 2 times or more to make a good thick white which creates more room for error unless i want a think kind of translucent white for my inlines. the silver gel will also usually appear white, or maybe its just me. but with the gelpens i get to cut my outer lines pretty damn thin and i get a thin solid inline on the first try too, this requires a steady hand as you only have one pass over your sketch with these, coloring over the gels with your prisma or a sharpie will not cover it well, so youd better be sure of yourself on this before you go fucking up your almost finished sketch.

hmmm...what else....oh, instead of using multiple colors for fills i try to find one (for the sake of example we'll say prismacolor-goldenrod...) and do my fillswith some degree of speed. this will make the centers or your fill lighter than the outter edges, if theres a turn thrown in there (...say for a letter such as an "s"...) then the whole inside of the turn will tend to be alot darker, sometimes this all results in some pretty interesting "light" 3-d effects that i've been enjoying recently.

also, when i sketch, i have a ridgidly set line of work....no pencils, do my lines with the fill color....adjust where needed.....outline with a new sharpie....3-d....3-d effects....fill effects.....inlines....backround.....outer outlines.

i know alot of this is probably stupid common knowledge to some, figured id contribute though.

Guest Wireless

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

with the prisma colorless blender I only use is to fade my colors to white...how i do so is I make quick stroke with my marker while lifting it so there is less and less ink then I go over with teh colorless blender and I get some effects I really like its and even fade at teh edge but its a slight bit blotchy working to it...also what I use for my outlines are speed ball pens...they are the ones where you have to dip them int eh ink...after I got used to using them I fell in love witht hem...alot crisper lines especially if your hand moves a little slower when you do line work like I do. It keeps your outlines alot sharper and keeps them from bleeding...you can alo color over the ink with prisma's and not worry about it smearing.

thats all I can currently think of other than stuff that has already been covered

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Propaganda

Is there any markers better than primas that can be use for the blackbook. If you don't want the prima to bleed to second page, one tip is using is sideways (thin part) and gently light strokes work effectively, and use piece of hardcover notebook back cover and place it under the page you are working on....Now only if I can get my shit better than I talk!

Guest da wizzard

figure it out and you will learn more......taking advice is something to do in person....not on the net......and i think its sad to ask for help...go do something about it rather than waste more time.....:D

Originally posted by Propaganda

Is there any markers better than primas that can be use for the blackbook. If you don't want the prima to bleed to second page, one tip is using is sideways (thin part) and gently light strokes work effectively, and use piece of hardcover notebook back cover and place it under the page you are working on....Now only if I can get my shit better than I talk!

copics..

Originally posted by Propaganda

pantones and magic markers are the same thing alchohol based marker

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by AeRoSoL JuNkiE

I like putting a lighter up to my finished sketch....right in the middle just put the flame on it for a good 30 seconds....it makes for some AWESOME effects!!!!!!try it sometime!

Yah and then your blackbook lights on fire and then u cant put it out and your house goes up in flames and u die..lol that would be wonderful

Archived