possibly opening a can of worms: ABORTION

Santa Claus

I Luv Roo's planned parenthood topic got me thinking, and for some reason i basically assumed that most of the kids here are pro-choice. however, i thought i'd make a poll to see how it lies.

personally, i'm pro choice. i know a lot of people probably abuse the power of abortion, but i like the idea of a poverty stricken girl who gets pregnant will have the choice to spare a childs life in a living hell....people abuse EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they can...and i dont think just flat out taking it away is a great idea under many circumstances.

whatchall tink?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im prolife.

this may sound mean but i believe a crappy life is better than no life at all.

people should use condoms and shit, whatever, but if the girl gets pregnant, she should give the little guy a chance.

they could always set him up for adoption.

however, im positive that its not this simple. but whatever.

I don't think I need to say my stance:

It's all about a woman's right to choose in a country that celebrated democracy (right?). But something that the Conservative Pro-Lifers always try to skew and distort - is that they always act like pro-choice people are "pro-abortion", as if they are going around forcing people to get abortions, and it's some kind of big abortion party. NO - NOBODY wants to have to get an abortion. It's an awful, painful, sad, disturbing, and traumatizing thing for any woman to go through. period.

But people need to have the choice, but above all they need to be prepared and educated - and that way they will not have to go through the awful experience of taking a fetus out of her body.

Pro-choice poeple are pro-life too! It's senseless that so much violence and death has occured at the hands of the fanatics. Yes, give a child a chance - but be mindful of its future and its health. If the mother has drug problems - then what? Give an unhealthy baby up for adotion? Not so simple.

Thank you...:)

By the way - they won't ever be able to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's part of the constitution now, and it would be a living nightmare for the conservatives to try to redo it.

But...

They are taking small steps every day to take our rights away. In Bush's first few months of presidency, he signed a bill that makes a penalthy harsher on a person who commits a violent act on an expecting woman. This may seem positive on the surface, but the implication of it is that the unborn child takes prededence over the woman herself. Subtle, but a small step towards trying to control our uterus' (or is is uterii?).

Is my feminism raging yet? I can feel it rising....boiling....

well, im pro life but i think if a couple was using protection and it was a freak pregnacy and they arent mature or knowledgeable to enough to raise a child and quit what theyre doing and their financial situation isnt stable they should at least have the choice to get an abortion if they want. just getting one to get out of having to grow up and settle down isnt a good enough exuse for me.

Pro-Choice....It is your own fault to end up with that decision in your lap...I think that some people straight up should not be able to have kids...I.E. people who dont have a good house or family structure for their kids...people who have kids just to claim taxes, and welfare...that shits straght up messed...but I also feel some people shouldnt be pushed upon the burden of having a kid...you may say well it was there decision in the first place...but im a harsh guy and there has to be some sort of population control...and giving pro choice is certainly helping to keep populations down...

PRO FUCKING CHOICE

true 'till death, yeah:p

(its still illegal here. when a 13 year old got knocked up after being raped by a member of her OWN family - the rest of the family went to court to prevent her from GOING TO ENGLAND for an abortion. So its illegal to even think about it..............)

i'm pro death. kill all the little fuckers born. too many people on this planet anyways.

actually i'm kind of confused on how i stand here. to say "shitty life is better than no life, i disagree, fully. to quote e-town concrete, "picture a little seed looking just like me, growing up in straight up poverty, cope without necessities, eventually resent me for the way that things turned out to be, hell no, that shouldn't be... so don't come to me with your speeches on how things could be, cuz i already seen that, believe that." however, i do listen to a lot of hardline music, and i do see the problems that come out of abortion. the trauma to the female's mind is severely detrimental. i do see innocent life being killed, but then i go back to the ETC thought. like i said, i don't know how i feel. i guess i'd be pro-choice in the end

id definately have to say that im pro-choice. the way i see it the overpopulation problem that we have on the planet combined with the percentage of the people that have the worlds wealth (over 75% belongs to less than 10% of the people) makes for a brutal combo. when you throw in the privatization of water in most of the world (in some countries people pay over half of their paycheck just for clean water), the living costs for a newborn(carseat if you need one, food, diapers, clothes, a baby crib, any toys, a cradle swing, etc.), the worldwide unemployment and poverty rates its hard for me to belive that its a terrible, terrible thing to save a life from experiencing this world. there is a dogmatic organization called operation save america that is hilarious on their militant, radical pro-life beliefs (www.operationsaveamerica.org). i also feel though that if the procedure cannot be performed in a sterile, healthy(mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically) enviorment then it should not be performed at all. ive heard too many stories of homemade operations by quacks with coathangers that result in the death of the mother as well 48 hours later from infection, but i guess some would say if they are willing to take the babies life why not their own.

Guest socrates

In the words of Mars Ill "Loves not whorin it, loves not Abortion". I support a woman's right to choose but if it was my baby that was going to be aborted I don't think that I could support that, I would perfer to struggle and raise my child then give up and use an excuse like abortion.

pro lifers (especially male pro lifers) are complete idiots....i dont even have enough time to explain the vast amount of stupidity involved in that whole movement....

the only person who needs to be concerned with all this is the woman having the baby....

im just going to leave it at that....

Guest stupid412

for sure pro choice, first off women should choose weather its right or wrong its NOT YOUR DESICION, its the woman whos having the babys, and i think that it would be wrong to outlaw it..its like outlawing sale of paint to kids under 18..we still get it but we steal it and get by doing "bad things" which is what happends when it is illegal,

but some of those pro lifebeaters are out of there mind, fuck them its not your choice its theres....

Guest mikro137
well, im pro life but i think if a couple was using protection and it was a freak pregnacy and they arent mature or knowledgeable to enough to raise a child and quit what theyre doing and their financial situation isnt stable they should at least have the choice to get an abortion if they want. just getting one to get out of having to grow up and settle down isnt a good enough exuse for me.

this is a good point

Originally posted by boogie hands

pro lifers (especially male pro lifers) are complete idiots....i dont even have enough time to explain the vast amount of stupidity involved in that whole movement....

the only person who needs to be concerned with all this is the woman having the baby....

im just going to leave it at that....

I just wanted to point out that I havnt seen a post from you in a long time...or ,aybe I just wasnmt paying attention...alright continue on...thanks for stopping to listen...

bodice ripper, isnt it true that you also cant use artificial insamination? abortions in your country arent simply a question of pro-life or pro-choice its a question of religeon and thats a whole other can of worms.

Guest imported_Europe

I would be pro-choice in american terms.

I think pro-life people should go and fight for the kids and people that are alive and actually need help. Instead of fucking with the to-be-moms who are in deep personal pain anyway. Theres plenty of kids around the world that needs help, not some feetus with no sense of anything.

By the way, same thing goes for all this test-tube babies stuff, dont fight and spend tons of energy and money on putting kids into the world when there are so many kids who have miserable lifes. Adopt them instead.

I have an ongoing battle with an anti-abortion nut downtown. He keeps putting in hand written "Save Babies from murderous abortionists" notes in the free weekly paper boxes, and I keep pulling them out and ripping them up. I keep hoping I run into the guy so I can tell him I make a point of checking for his notes so I can tear them up, I wanna see who this fucker is. Pro-fucking-choice!

Archived