Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

possibly opening a can of worms: ABORTION

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Santa Claus, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

I Luv Roo's planned parenthood topic got me thinking, and for some reason i basically assumed that most of the kids here are pro-choice. however, i thought i'd make a poll to see how it lies.

personally, i'm pro choice. i know a lot of people probably abuse the power of abortion, but i like the idea of a poverty stricken girl who gets pregnant will have the choice to spare a childs life in a living hell....people abuse EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they can...and i dont think just flat out taking it away is a great idea under many circumstances.

whatchall tink?

2. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

im prolife.

this may sound mean but i believe a crappy life is better than no life at all.

people should use condoms and shit, whatever, but if the girl gets pregnant, she should give the little guy a chance.

they could always set him up for adoption.

however, im positive that its not this simple. but whatever.

3. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

I don't think I need to say my stance:

It's all about a woman's right to choose in a country that celebrated democracy (right?). But something that the Conservative Pro-Lifers always try to skew and distort - is that they always act like pro-choice people are "pro-abortion", as if they are going around forcing people to get abortions, and it's some kind of big abortion party. NO - NOBODY wants to have to get an abortion. It's an awful, painful, sad, disturbing, and traumatizing thing for any woman to go through. period.
    But people need to have the choice, but above all they need to be prepared and educated - and that way they will not have to go through the awful experience of taking a fetus out of her body.

Pro-choice poeple are pro-life too! It's senseless that so much violence and death has occured at the hands of the fanatics. Yes, give a child a chance - but be mindful of its future and its health. If the mother has drug problems - then what? Give an unhealthy baby up for adotion? Not so simple.

4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

wonderfully stated roo....you basically said what i wanted to say, but i never can manage to articulate well on here....

5. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

Thank you...:)

By the way - they won't ever be able to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's part of the constitution now, and it would be a living nightmare for the conservatives to try to redo it.

But...
    They are taking small steps every day to take our rights away. In Bush's first few months of presidency, he signed a bill that makes a penalthy harsher on a person who commits a violent act on an expecting woman. This may seem positive on the surface, but the implication of it is that the unborn child takes prededence over the woman herself. Subtle, but a small step towards trying to control our uterus' (or is is uterii?).

Is my feminism raging yet? I can feel it rising....boiling....

6. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

Im drunk.

if you give them a fake name, you dont have to be any choice.

7. cornelius

cornelius Member

http://www.troma.com/goregal2/images/pregnant.jpg'>

"welllll, i think we're just gonna have to mung it on this one..."

8. jah

jah Elite Member

well, im pro life but i think if a couple was using protection and it was a freak pregnacy and they arent mature or knowledgeable to enough to raise a child and quit what theyre doing and their financial situation isnt stable they should at least have the choice to get an abortion if they want. just getting one to get out of having to grow up and settle down isnt a good enough exuse for me.

9. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Pro-Choice....It is your own fault to end up with that decision in your lap...I think that some people straight up should not be able to have kids...I.E. people who dont have a good house or family structure for their kids...people who have kids just to claim taxes, and welfare...that shits straght up messed...but I also feel some people shouldnt be pushed upon the burden of having a kid...you may say well it was there decision in the first place...but im a harsh guy and there has to be some sort of population control...and giving pro choice is certainly helping to keep populations down...

10. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

with my beliefs and all, i would have to say pro choice.

11. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

PRO FUCKING CHOICE

true 'till death, yeah:p

(its still illegal here. when a 13 year old got knocked up after being raped by a member of her OWN family - the rest of the family went to court to prevent her from GOING TO ENGLAND for an abortion. So its illegal to even think about it..............)

12. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

i'm pro death. kill all the little fuckers born. too many people on this planet anyways.

actually i'm kind of confused on how i stand here. to say "shitty life is better than no life, i disagree, fully. to quote e-town concrete, "picture a little seed looking just like me, growing up in straight up poverty, cope without necessities, eventually resent me for the way that things turned out to be, hell no, that shouldn't be... so don't come to me with your speeches on how things could be, cuz i already seen that, believe that." however, i do listen to a lot of hardline music, and i do see the problems that come out of abortion. the trauma to the female's mind is severely detrimental. i do see innocent life being killed, but then i go back to the ETC thought. like i said, i don't know how i feel. i guess i'd be pro-choice in the end

13. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

id definately have to say that im pro-choice. the way i see it the overpopulation problem that we have on the planet combined with the percentage of the people that have the worlds wealth (over 75% belongs to less than 10% of the people) makes for a brutal combo. when you throw in the privatization of water in most of the world (in some countries people pay over half of their paycheck just for clean water), the living costs for a newborn(carseat if you need one, food, diapers, clothes, a baby crib, any toys, a cradle swing, etc.), the worldwide unemployment and poverty rates its hard for me to belive that its a terrible, terrible thing to save a life from experiencing this world. there is a dogmatic organization called operation save america that is hilarious on their militant, radical pro-life beliefs (www.operationsaveamerica.org). i also feel though that if the procedure cannot be performed in a sterile, healthy(mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically) enviorment then it should not be performed at all. ive heard too many stories of homemade operations by quacks with coathangers that result in the death of the mother as well 48 hours later from infection, but i guess some would say if they are willing to take the babies life why not their own.

14. socrates

socrates Guest

In the words of Mars Ill "Loves not whorin it, loves not Abortion". I support a woman's right to choose but if it was my baby that was going to be aborted I don't think that I could support that, I would perfer to struggle and raise my child then give up and use an excuse like abortion.

15. el nervo

el nervo Senior Member