Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Possibly a Good Hip Hop Thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BAMBOOZLED, Jul 16, 2003.

1. BAMBOOZLED

BAMBOOZLED Member

To tell you the truth I'm starting this thread for my own benifit but you could pick up a thing or two. But rather than list off what i play (in the off chance that your going to download or pick up a copy), I'll tell you what I have AND why it's good.

If your just looking to sample I'll put some good tracks in parenthasies. That's these things> ( )

FREESTYLE FELLOWSHIP- (Hip hop, Inner city boundaries) Slick lyrics, slick Jazz loops. One of the most original set's i've ever listened to. Aceyalone, nuff said.

TRIBE CALLED QUEST- (El Segundo, Youthful Expressions, Award Tour, Keep it rollin') Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm is probably the most solid hip hop album i've ever owned. Most of tribe's tracks are up-beat and there about day to day stuff.

TYPICAL CATS- (Qweloquiallisms, Snake oil, The manhatten project)
    Heavy lyrics over mellow jazz loops. I havn't found a single track I don't like.

If I didn't cover them enough feel free to add to what I wrote.

2. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

3. BAMBOOZLED

BAMBOOZLED Member

DE LA SOUL- (Tread water, Buddy, Change in speak) De La came out around the same time as tribe and their styles are similar. They use a lot more jazzy beats and funky loops. Definatly a fresh group.

4. Kes_One_HTFD

Kes_One_HTFD Member

5. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

KRS1

6. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

7. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

eh.
    Looptroop (good revolutionists from sweden)- always dope production. Look for solo projects by Promoe.

Anything by Natural Elements (where the fuck did these guys go???)

Typical cats = dope.
    but...id rather hear Prime ( mostly punchline stuff- most of his shit you can get your hands on will be molemen production)if im listenin to Chicago shit or All Natural( "conscious" rap)

Jean Grae - i dont know what to say about her or how to describe her shes just fresh.

and anyone sleeping on Crooked I should be hurt. (long as you can get past the sometimes annoying delivery and horrible ear for beats- but what can you expect from deathrow - but yes HES REALLY DOPE)

thats enough for now.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

did dude used to be down with saafir? there was a cat, either crooked i, or eye Q, or some shit...all i know is that he had a track where it sampled someone rapping about 'crooked I(d's)'. it was dope.

9. xwibxonex

xwibxonex New Jack

Exile and Lokey- Pebble
    Cills- the new pixel love is incredible, stop sleeping.

10. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

C-Rayz Walz
    kool g rap
    percee p
    people under the stairs
    apathy
    big l
    brooklyn academy
    cunninlynguists
    Mr.Lif
    Heiroglyphics
    Juice
    Dynospectrum
    Freddie Foxxx
    Godfather Don
    Illogic
    Vakill
    Juggaknots
    Lord Finesse
    And Yeah D.I.T.C.
    Kurupt
    Yak Ballz
    Copywrite
    MudKids
    NON PHIXION
    People Under The Stairs
    RAKIM
    REKS
    BRAND NUBAIN
    THE COUP

11. SRGUN GNRAL

SRGUN GNRAL Member

lazerus jackson
    disflex6
    lip service
    tony da skitzo
    99th demention
    nitrous ox
    the pedestrian
    andre nickatina
    lolo swift
    vixin
    noah 23
    supreme being unit
    penny
    frek sho
    gruf the druid
    inner soul flow
    myls and lucas
    pumpkinhead
    controller 7
    creature box
    alaskan fishermen
    creepazoids
    i hate music

12. WrIot

WrIot Senior Member

XECUTIONERS-executioner style

13. the only rap album i still listen to is wu tang: 36 chambers

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

nitrous ox split up years ago, and 'alaskan fishermen'? haha...you've got to be kidding.