Possible cash for those interested...

Fugazi

If anyone is interested in trying to make some pretty easy cash, Circuit City has a major price mistake in their store. The Sony RDR-VX500 DVDRECORDER/VCRis currently advertised in their weekly ad for $499.99, but if you go in store may be marked as $134.99. This was a corporate mistake, so as of this afternoon the deal was good around the nation, unless your local store caught it. It was not available online.

I bought the entire stock at my local Circuit City, which was only four, but stand to make about $225 profit per unit off of ebay. Just thought some of you may be interested... it's worth a look.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

corporate mistake? more like sneaky corporate advertising. think about it...once it catches on, everyone will go down and buy one cause they'll think they're getting some huge discount. and maybe, they'll be those guys who will buy out the whole stock, and sell it on ebay or something and get some huge profit! both sides win. perfect advertising technique. its like putting up a "FOR SALE" sign. of course its for sail you fucking retards. its just there to get your attention to buy it.

either thats the case, or i just felt like hearing myself talk. i think i just felt like hearing myself talk. fuck. whatever. but think about it......

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks@Dec 13 2004, 05:45 AM

corporate mistake? more like sneaky corporate advertising. think about it...once it catches on, everyone will go down and buy one cause they'll think they're getting some huge discount. and maybe, they'll be those guys who will buy out the whole stock, and sell it on ebay or something and get some huge profit! both sides win. perfect advertising technique. its like putting up a "FOR SALE" sign. of course its for sail you fucking retards. its just there to get your attention to buy it.

either thats the case, or i just felt like hearing myself talk. i think i just felt like hearing myself talk. fuck. whatever. but think about it......

I dunno... Best Buy wouldn't price match for Circuit City's price because they pay $350 at cost to Sony...

Originally posted by LadyNapua@Dec 14 2004, 12:05 AM

So I went to Circuit City hoping that I would be as lucky but the Sony DVD recorder/VCR that was on sale for $134.99 was the model # SON SLVD 350P....the RDR-VX500 was $481 after tax....damn that sucks. Oh well, at least you benifited.

Bummer! I was hoping that some others on here could get in on the deal. I checked my local CC out again today, and they had fixed the price. Oh well, I tried!

Originally posted by onesecondple+Dec 13 2004, 10:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onesecondple - Dec 13 2004, 10:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ElectricitySucks@Dec 13 2004, 12:45 AM

advertising technique.  its like putting up a "FOR SALE" sign.  of course its for sail you fucking retards.  its just there to get your attention to ......

how can you spell it sale in one part and sail in the other? that makes no sense...

[/b]

:haha: :haha: :haha:

My Circuit City is sold out of them... so I'm assuming they had the same deal and I was just late on getting there.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Dec 14 2004, 03:49 AM

let us know if you sell them so we can give you props... or if you dont so we can laugh at ya :)

They're selling for $400 average on EBAY, so I stand to make about $900 to $1000 net profit after all this. Suppose I came in a pinch and needed cash fast, I could always return them to Circuit City... I'm sure they'd kiss me if I brought them back.

• 2 weeks later...