Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

possible car purchase

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sect one, Mar 8, 2004.

1. sect one

sect one Elite Member

I jus twanted to get your input on a car i'm looking at

http://tornquist-art.com/mustang/6.5%20web/1967%20mustang%20top.jpg'>

1967 mustang
    exact color and the body is in the same condition. I don't know much about cars or purchasing them. What are some questions I ask ?

it's for sale for $5,000 the body is in perfect condition im worried aboutmechanical ahhh.. any help appreciated

2. krie

krie Guest

i love them
    buy it
    they are ariund $20-30k i think here in aus?

3. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

4. villain

villain Veteran Member

What's up sect? Detroit right? You should know about cars then, well anyways....
    I ain't claiming to be an expert on cars but I've been known to turn a wrench here and there.
    Probably one of the most important things you can do is give your car the look over. Look for rust, oil leaks, other fluid leaks, cracks, etc.
    Then I would give the car a full performance test drive. Note how it starts, idles, runs at lower speeds and higher speeds, how it turns and brakes. You can do alot of diagnostics by listening and feeling how the car operates. Watch out for shaking and knocking, stuff like that....

All else aside the body of that car alone is probably worth more than 5G's to a collector.

5. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

i was running over mailboxes and lawn ornaments for years in a 66 mustang. i hated that piece of shit...

6. kido

kido Senior Member

Im looking for a bmw m3 right now, not new, but sort of. But if this is your primary cary dont buy it!! My first car was an oldie, and it enede up coming back tohaunt me. buy something reliable. but if this is your second, and youve got the dough, go for it!

66 new yorker

no thanks!!!

7. fuck muni

fuck muni Senior Member

yea seriously fuck old american cars

unless you kno a lot about fixing up cars and general maitenance..i dont reccomend it....i bought a 1984 cutlass supreme for my 1st car and i lost so much money because of that peice of worthless shit

my 2nd time around i bought an 1984 nissan 200sx....and i have put about 3000 miles on it so far and it has never broken down or given me problems...starts every time and i paid almost the same price as the cutlass

go for reliable shit unless your good at project cars and fixing buckets up

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

The only old mustangs I don't hate are the fastbacks. For some reason...they're tolerable.

Questions to ask:
    Is it all clean metal? ie...no rust or bondo.
    What has been replaced...or what hasn't?
    Original engine?
    If not...how many miles on the new one or the bebuild.
    Same goes with the transmission.
    Otherwise...take it to a shop and have them do a once over on it.

9. Telo

Telo Elite Member

10. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

old cars don't always mean trouble.
    my first car was an 86 buick lesabre (haha) but it was grrrreat. i never had to put any money into it, and didn't have a single problem with it (other than the fact that it was ugly). AND it only had about 115,000 miles on it. i love buying cars from old people. the quality often is determined by the previous owner.

now i drive a gas-guzzling 97 eddie bauer explorer that has given me TONS of trouble (radiator, alternator, oil leaks, new transmission, the list goes on...) it looks great but it's a bitch.