possible car purchase

sect one

I jus twanted to get your input on a car i'm looking at

http://tornquist-art.com/mustang/6.5%20web/1967%20mustang%20top.jpg'>

1967 mustang

exact color and the body is in the same condition. I don't know much about cars or purchasing them. What are some questions I ask ?

it's for sale for $5,000 the body is in perfect condition im worried aboutmechanical ahhh.. any help appreciated

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What's up sect? Detroit right? You should know about cars then, well anyways....

I ain't claiming to be an expert on cars but I've been known to turn a wrench here and there.

Probably one of the most important things you can do is give your car the look over. Look for rust, oil leaks, other fluid leaks, cracks, etc.

Then I would give the car a full performance test drive. Note how it starts, idles, runs at lower speeds and higher speeds, how it turns and brakes. You can do alot of diagnostics by listening and feeling how the car operates. Watch out for shaking and knocking, stuff like that....

All else aside the body of that car alone is probably worth more than 5G's to a collector.

Im looking for a bmw m3 right now, not new, but sort of. But if this is your primary cary dont buy it!! My first car was an oldie, and it enede up coming back tohaunt me. buy something reliable. but if this is your second, and youve got the dough, go for it!

66 new yorker

no thanks!!!

yea seriously fuck old american cars

unless you kno a lot about fixing up cars and general maitenance..i dont reccomend it....i bought a 1984 cutlass supreme for my 1st car and i lost so much money because of that peice of worthless shit

my 2nd time around i bought an 1984 nissan 200sx....and i have put about 3000 miles on it so far and it has never broken down or given me problems...starts every time and i paid almost the same price as the cutlass

go for reliable shit unless your good at project cars and fixing buckets up

The only old mustangs I don't hate are the fastbacks. For some reason...they're tolerable.

Questions to ask:

Is it all clean metal? ie...no rust or bondo.

What has been replaced...or what hasn't?

Original engine?

If not...how many miles on the new one or the bebuild.

Same goes with the transmission.

Otherwise...take it to a shop and have them do a once over on it.

old cars don't always mean trouble.

my first car was an 86 buick lesabre (haha) but it was grrrreat. i never had to put any money into it, and didn't have a single problem with it (other than the fact that it was ugly). AND it only had about 115,000 miles on it. i love buying cars from old people. the quality often is determined by the previous owner.

now i drive a gas-guzzling 97 eddie bauer explorer that has given me TONS of trouble (radiator, alternator, oil leaks, new transmission, the list goes on...) it looks great but it's a bitch.

Archived