POPPA K

*see-phore*

POPPA K or any1 who knows about "THE SHADOW" vs.

eh k,i dont know who to ask about this but i know youll have a referal for me atleast....THE SHADOW who is he? i know he works for the ttc,but who is he? does he work for the ttc or just give info,was he a writer? does he roam the alleys and streets of t.o talking to writers?.does he have a web page?does he do interviews?

anything you know could help me out..my email isnt working right now or i wouldve emailed you this.

are there any interviews hes done in newspapers or mags?

:dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you want to know about the shadow eh...

where do i start? hmmm..

i won't reveal his real name, but his nick name is the shadow. its the shadow because of the way he lurks in the shadows and around corners waiting to bust people. not only for graf, but for any of the offences you can make on the ttc. drinking, vandalism, illegal entry, smoking... all those great things you can get tickets for.

he started off as on site security, patrolling trains and platforms. he then moved to outside security patrolling with one of those white cars you see around. that was about '92 i guess.

that was when me and sec first met him. he approached us while rockin keele wall. we had no idea at the time he was really doing intellegence work. he's actually a really nice guy.

i used to see him from time to time after that and then about '94 he approached us again rockin the same wall with an idea. the tunnels and outsides of lines were getting trashed around that time and he wanted to know what it would take to commission us to rock some of these spots. Rosedale, davisville, islington that type of thing. he gave us his card, we did some consulting and went to his office for a meeting (he made sure to leave a few things out for us to see, if you know what i mean). he was interested, but it was a matter of passing it through the top brass.

well... just after all this, toronto hired David Gunn, the guy who just finished his work as the commissioner of the NYC transit. nothing happened when he took the reigns, and the shadow got a nice phat promotion. head of the vandel squad. so much for that.

we started to see him all over the place now. taking flix, "watching". on the streets, in the alleys, it didn't matter, he was there amassing a really nice "portfolio". whenever he saw us he'd say whats up, we'd chat about this and that, who's up, who's active, who's doing what, what's going on in the city. during this time he was THE man to go to concerning graf in the city. he was a liason with all other security and police associations including the cops, go transit, cn and cp police. he was being flown around north america to police conventions and the like. he was in steady comunication with police services around the continent regarding graf, tips and tricks, surveillance options...

toronto started to have graf jams in '95, and guess who was there every time, the shadow. he would walk through the parties saying whats up to writers by name. he knows all. he knows handstyles, piecing styles, aliases. he knows who's got skill and whos wak... he knows which crew member rocked the tag on the building around the corner.

the last time i heard anything about him was '99 when he got promoted to head of ttc security.

the last time i saw him was about 4 months ago at finch st. busting some guy for robbery.

i don't know, thats about it i guess. what else you want to know..

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

you want to know about the shadow eh...

"whenever he saw us he'd say whats up, we'd chat about this and that, who's up, who's active, who's doing what, what's going on in the city. " "he knows all. he knows handstyles, piecing styles, aliases. he knows who's got skill and whos wak... he knows which crew member rocked the tag on the building around the corner."

Perhaps he "knows all" because you keep chatting with him??? In my neck of the woods we used to call that "dry-snitching".

Originally posted by SCOTCH WHISKEO

Perhaps he "knows all" because you keep chatting with him??? In my neck of the woods we used to call that "dry-snitching".

sorry scotch, but you have no idea who i am and how seriously i take this. I'm definitely not that dumb. i understand what you say about dry-snitching, but there's a difference between being swindled by a smooth talker, and making the swindler think he's swindled but has just been swindled himself. we knew what was up from the get go, so why not play the game? it payed off too.

he was just one very well informed individual. 99% of the time he knew more than we did. i can't tell you how many times HE was the one who informed US about the "who's active" and the "so and so hit that spot last week". he ran the conversations, we just listened and nodded...

and what did we get for being polite and "chatting" with him? inside info. what spots are hot, what CN/CP was doing regarding security and who they're after, new techniques they're coming out with to catch us, existing techniques we didn't know about, specific dollar figures some writers are wanted for (in the city and on the rails), how to deal with police when confronted.. the list goes on.

and who has won the game? I still have no criminal record, and its going on 14 years for me. no one else has had any problems regarding this... you make the call. just remember, its not your neck of the woods. different country different forest..

and c4.. no idea if he'd be into an interview. might as well try though, i'd certainly like to see it. he wears glasses too.

The Shadow was on an episode of "Jonovision" maybe a year and a half ago. He seemed to know what he was talking about in regards to the Graff scene in T.O. He was somewhat disguised, wore sunglasses, mustache (maybe real) and i think a hat, but i cant remember. There were also two writers on it.. dont think they were big names though. Either way, the episode was good for a laugh

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

specific dollar figures some writers are wanted for (in the city and on the rails)

JAR... 1 million dollars!!

-like him or not, that kid has destroyed more property than Huricane Hazel.

but seriously...

I think I ran into a ghost once. There's an overpass at Straghn (sic.)

just to the west of Fort York. Well there's a bit of a tunnel that used

to have tracks that lead to the armoury (I think?). Anyways...

that place is fucken creapy! It's just got one of those dread feelings

down there. Even the homeless avoid the place. I'm just posting about

it because it's covered with old paint (soy, puce dudeman etc) and I'm

curious if anyone else has beendown there. ?

other ghost stories anyone?

yeah the straughn bridge zesto is pretty creapy. it was buffed (mostly) at the begining of the summer but its getting rocked again. some new hsa stuff, lics and mes3, wymp and sader.. some homeless have built a little shanty town down there too so watch yourself.

and dollar figures!?.. in 97 i almost fell over when i found out how much ren was wanted for by the city and cn/cp.. and he's going harder than ever nowadays..

Originally posted by *see-phore*

so the shadow works with all the auorities in t.o?how much did ren destroy in $?

i don't know if he still does, but he used to, including authorities around the states. him, ttc, cops, go transit, cn and cp used to have big meetings as an information gathering/sharing thing.

as far as $ figures go, in '97, it was up to 40 million all inclusive.

Guest --zeSto--

and we all know how dollar figures get over blown.

If I was to leave a steak on a 20 year old dumpster,

they'd bill it at $200 for cleaning when the thing isn't worth

$50 to a scrap metal dealer.

And do they add up all the stickers? How much does it cost to

apply warm water to a stop sign? $100 ?

You know these figures are just blown up for taxation and budgets.

• 5 years later...

sounds to me like big poppa k needs to get a job and maybe a life too. i respect the oldschool but this is rediculous. dedicating your life to telling urban myths to teenagers? its actually quite disturbing.

Archived