ponder this..

emozOne

how come we are a targeted culture? If you think about it, Me going up to a wall, grabbing paint and making something look nice, is the SAME thing as some old lady sitting at her house writing little icons on her dollar bills. Think about it, im pretty sure no one has ever, ever been arrested for writing on money. And what is more frequent than anything? Money. People see little writings on bills more than they see a bomb on a building. Serously it makes no sence to me all, cops should raid peoples houses or call the numbers on the Money and arrest there asses instead of harrassing us artist..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There really is a difference between the two. I agree that more people should be looked at for defacing money if that is a crime then they should enforce it. However, I think you are exaggerating a little about the frequency. I have seen way more graffiti than I have money with writing on it.

tru, but people look at money as paper, and all it is really worth, is nothing. the only reason its worth anything is because there is a 5, a 20, a 100, dollar sighn on it. people dont care about u writing 13 + 97 = 110......... but if u look at sumones building, its like there property, makes the actual culture of the surrounding less "beautiful"....... but anyway..... money is just passed on and on.... no one cares about it..... people care about buildings..... i understand where u are coming form, and i dont think anyone should get arrested for writing on money....... people highlight that shit all the time to see if its real or not...... that defacing money.... no one cares..... it basically comes down to the fact that society and government care more about petty things then actual crimes like rape and child abuse and shit....

how come we are a targeted culture?

people target this culture because they dont want you to write on their property, it brings down real estate value, and the fact that they associate graffiti with gangs and shit like that... they simply dont understand it. its as simple as that... whenever someone gets up with a quick tag, alot of people dont wanna see it, cant even read it, let alone care about what it says, so they see it as a bunch of scriblling. as for the dollar bill thing, theres no point in enforcing that shit. money isnt being put up on display, because it gets around so quickly... but a wall thats in the public's view will be more of a concern to the public.

Originally posted by bobobi11

There really is a difference between the two. I agree that more people should be looked at for defacing money if that is a crime then they should enforce it. However, I think you are exaggerating a little about the frequency. I have seen way more graffiti than I have money with writing on it.

do you ever REALLY look at the money? cuz there's writing on it.

Guest --zeSto--

no matter how dirty the money gets... we still want it !

I dont care if I have to clean off dogshit and vomit... $100 will always be $100.

this is a useless argument.

Originally posted by emozOne

how come we are a targeted culture? If you think about it, Me going up to a wall, grabbing paint and making something look nice, is the SAME thing as some old lady sitting at her house writing little icons on her dollar bills. Think about it, im pretty sure no one has ever, ever been arrested for writing on money. And what is more frequent than anything? Money. People see little writings on bills more than they see a bomb on a building. Serously it makes no sence to me all, cops should raid peoples houses or call the numbers on the Money and arrest there asses instead of harrassing us artist..

not trying to be a dick or anything but if you are so worried about you painting walls can get you in trouble casue you do them so nicely why do you involve yuorself in doing it illegaly why not paint legal walls or paint canvases or some shit then you wouldent have to worry about why you can write on dollors and not on walls?

im going to take this view directly from my dad...who hates graffiti

the main reason it pisses people off is because it defaces property. basicaly, how would you feel if some bitch wrote all over your new shoes? or on your car? thats what it feels like to storeowners and shit when their storefronts are tagged on. it also drives possible customers away..picture this in the eyes of the common american person....would you rather walk into a store that is covered in graff? or a store that is clean and presentable?

thats

Thats when the rules come in for me, I'm not going to go fucking hit the local liquor store and drive old man jones out of buisness because I did a throwup on his property, I'd rather go put that throw up on a fucking wal mart and not some mommy daddy buisness....

Re: thats

Originally posted by Asid

Thats when the rules come in for me, I'm not going to go fucking hit the local liquor store and drive old man jones out of buisness because I did a throwup on his property, I'd rather go put that throw up on a fucking wal mart and not some mommy daddy buisness....

unfortunately the walmart wouldn't run.

Guest wakassOATH
Originally posted by stank

it basically comes down to the fact that society and government care more about petty things then actual crimes like rape and child abuse and shit....

ahh thing is.. there are alot of different methods of fighting crime that seem weird.. but in fact they accuallt work effectivly

for example

the police officer on the beat walking though the ghetto or whatever.. sees 2 crimes being commited

one.. there are some guys drinking beer on the stoop..

two.. there is a junkey laying on the side walk shooting up herion

the cop busts the guys drinking beer and leaves the junkey alone like he doesnt relize it.. that is a method of fighting crime that has proven to work. if you go after all the petty shit.. the real bad stuff goes away.

now of coarse i relize that the cop isnt gonna overlook a phedophile raping a 12 year old in a alley while busting a granny writing on a one dollar bill .. but the above is just an example of many methods that may seem kinda strainge

another thing i relize why people get so pissed off cause of graff.. 99% of people who see a building covered in graff think that the place is a shit hole... no matter how good the food is, no matter how clean the place is .. the restrant (for this example) will get less buisness if its covered in tags and throws.. and obiously the owner doesnt want that

and another thing.. i think graff is tageted for this reason:

other then terrorist shit.. name one other crime.. that so many kids are into.. that takes such little time and planing (bombing) and causes so much money in damage and havok, and is so "ugly" to the general public

i mean.. just take one tag. it takes about 2 seconds to do.. it pretty much "wrecks" the whole wall and looks "ugly"(to the public).. it costs alot of cash to cover.. now how are the cops gonna catch you in that time frame.. unless your a total dumb ass or just have some horrable luck.. you gotta be caught in the act.. and then theres millions of kids across the nation doing it..

so i totally understand why its targeted.. i relize all this shit when i go out and i know that im breaking the law and i am ready to face the consquences. REGULATOR has the right idea.. your fukin with someone elses property and you have no right to do it.

excuse me while i fill my backpack with cans.

cops, mayors, govorners, authority, what have you, target grafitti and not murder, robbery, rape, the deeper ills of society, because they don't know where to begin with the deeper problems...grafitti is something tangible that can be noticeably diminished. fighting grafitti produces quick results that the public notice...and it boosts popularity of political figures.

in my eyes, money is like trains and asian girls. i want them!! no one gets pissed if you write on money, trains, or asian girls. they only get upset when its in their city. sure, the railroad isnt happy with us writing on trains, but the general public could care less. i would never write on asian girls, unless it was with those body paints, that would be sweet!! a wall stays stationary, while trains, money, and asian girls move around. its not threatening if it doesnt stay in one place. if you know it'll be gone and someone else has to deal with it, who cares, right?

Originally posted by bobobi11

why'd she get banned? she was a cop or some shit?

Actually it is not against any state or federal law to rip burn or draw/write on us currency. So next time you get all worked up about the old lady. Think about why you are being targeted.

Your painting private or publick property, most likely you have done a bit of vandalism on your journeys to bomb paint whatever. If the cops werent after you or it was legal then there would not be as many writers. Who the hell wants to paint a legal wall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabo 2

In Britain, defacing anything with the Queen's image printed on it, like money, stamps, whatever is a criminal offence.

Originally posted by Fabo 2

In Britain, defacing anything with the Queen's image printed on it, like money, stamps, whatever is a criminal offence.

and since the queen is head of state in Canada , its the same here ....up to 2 years in prison

Originally posted by REGULATOR

im going to take this view directly from my dad...who hates graffiti

the main reason it pisses people off is because it defaces property. basicaly, how would you feel if some bitch wrote all over your new shoes? or on your car? thats what it feels like to storeowners and shit when their storefronts are tagged on. it also drives possible customers away..picture this in the eyes of the common american person....would you rather walk into a store that is covered in graff? or a store that is clean and presentable?

covers it pretty much right there....

Archived