politics

dojafx

is it me, or am i the only writer interested in politics? every other writer i've met is like "wuts politics?" and stupid shit like that... if you are interested in politics what are you (democrat, communist, libertarian, jehovahs witness, hamburger, etc...)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im all for intelligent conversation , but politics just doesnt matter , they are gonna do whatever they want anyhow...............like iono bout yall , but i remember alot more votes (referendums for us intelligent ones ) in what bills were to be passed and what not , now it seems they just pass them .........i cant remember the last referendum , democracy is dead .

Alan Keyes time zone is EST... his show is on CNBC at the same time but the chat room is sort of a free-for-all on the topics covered in that nights show... if you get there a bit early, like 9:30ish you can actually talk with him, then he goes off and does the show but he watches the chat room while he does and comments on stuff that people say sometimes

*there ARE rules, however, no foul language and you must stay on topic but other than that you can say what you want

im mad into poloticks, i always were my communist unamerican shirt while painting cuz i love it so, every time i write it's political, it's saying fuck you to the system, one thing i hate is cats who think they are old say to me that i need to open my eyes to the reality and stop wasting my time on socio-political issues, im down for mumia, the fight of malcolm, huey, king, chavez, guevera, and fuck amerikkka, that's why it wierds me out that some writers are all for americkkka and get bothered when their so called good government is bashed...i mean damn, these same motherfuckers are out there destroying thier beautiful amerikkka, fuck those bastards and a big thumbs up for poloitical cats, im down for a little anarchy and destruction.

mumia - murderer

malcolm - seperatist

huey - get's a pass

Martin and Ceasar get mad props

Che - not your country, not a valid govt. system

you forgot Peltier and, as a member of the Sioux nation, I'll ask you to please just leave it alone

mumia- about to be MURDERED

malcolm- seperatist? maybe, I dont no. Doesnt sound like a bad idea tho.

huey- black nationalist, best believe it wont be this country so he'd be a seperstist too.

martin- fuck king, fuck pasivism. Kings idea was to work within this corrupt system, the complete opposite of revolutionaries like huey who according to you gets a 'pass'.

caesar- good guy

che- fuck your idea of a country and of a government system. That should be irrelavant when discussing politics in abstract.

peltier- none of us are from his nation, does that mean we shouldn care about him?! (as you suggested we do che)

no, you misunderstand, I AM of Peltier's nation, my great grandmother was full Oglala, and Che's base upon an invalid system of govt. is TOTALLY valid in an abstract forum. Seperatists are welcome to seperate and take it somewhere else and as far as your views on Martin's approach, tell it to Ghandi

Cuba- Like I said Im an anarchist so I (like you) consider thier government illegitimate just as I would any other gov. ESPESCIALLY the United States (Im assuming, unlike you)

Martin- Ill tell it to martin.... oh wait I cant, they killed his ass. Maybe Ill tell it to the black population of today who is free from racism, unjust laws, and equal oppurtunities, uh-oh!! wait a second......

Mumia- you asked for it you got it. This is the most recent development straight from .indymedia.org I HIGHLY reccomend visiting that sight for anyone, who for some strange reason, doesnt believe everything they see on TV, is interested in radical politics, our would like a glimpse of the budding resistance sweeping the globe!!!

mumia latest developments:

Yet another new witness has come forward in the case of Mumia Abu-Jamal to punch holes in the testimony of the prosecution’s lead witness.

Yvette Williams, in an affidavit Jamal's lawyers filed in the federal court of appeals in Philadelphia on February 6th, swore that star prosecution witness Cynthia White admitted to her that police forced White to falsely identify Jamal as the gunman -- even though White asserted she did not see the shooting.

Williams, who was in protective custody with prostitute Cynthia White after police officer Daniel Faulkner was shot to death in December of 1981, says in the affidavit that White also admitted to having a drug habit and being high on drugs when the shooting took place.

According to Williams' sworn statement, "When Lucky [Cynthia White] told me she didn't even see who shot Officer Faulkner, I asked her why she was lying on that man (Mumia Abu-Jamal). She told me it was because the police and vice threatened her life. Additionally, the police were giving her money for tricks ... the police told her they would consolidate all her cases and send her up to Muncy, a women's prison, for a long time if she didn't testify to what they told her to say."

Williams states in the affidavit that, when police detectives would take White out of her cell to talk to her, White would return with prohibited contraband "like cigarettes and candy and even hoagies, syringes and white powders."

Williams' sworn statement, signed before a notary on January 28 of this year, says that she has "almost had a nervous breakdown over keeping quiet about this all these years," and explains that she was afraid of what the police would do to her if she came forward. According to Williams' affidavit, when Jamal’s case was back in the news in mid-December of last year, "I couldn’t get it out of my mind, I kept thinking that man could die because of all the lies that Lucky told on that witness stand and Mrs. Faulkner would never know the truth."

In the 41-page motion filed with Williams' sworn statement, Jamal's attorneys argue that his conviction should be overturned because "Mumia Abu-Jamal is innocent and has the evidence to prove it." The attorneys request authorization from the federal appeals court to appeal Judge Yohn’s refusal to let them amend the habeas corpus petition filed by his previous lawyers, Leonard Weinglass and Daniel Williams, whom Mumia fired last May for conflicts of interest. Jamal's attorneys also request authorization to appeal six specific violations of the right to a fair trial, including one based on the sworn statement of Court Reporter Terri Maurer-Carter -- in which she states that during the time of Jamal's trial she overheard Judge Sabo say, in reference to Jamal,"Yeah, and I’m going to help 'em fry the nigger."

The emergence of Williams’ testimony compounds a volley of evidence from new witnesses that supports Mumia’s claims of innocence. Those new witnesses include Mumia’s brother William Cook, who surfaced last April after years underground to assert that on the night of Faulkner’s murder, Cook’s companion Kenneth ‘Poppy’ Freeman participated in the murder of Faulkner. In 1999, Arnold Beverly asserted in an affidavit that he was hired with another man, presumably Freeman, to kill Faulkner because the police officer had interfered with pay-off operations of corrupt cops on the Philadelphia police force.

In December, the Federal Court ruled to conditionally overturn Mumia’s death sentence while refusing to hear new evidence which would overturn his conviction. Mumia could still be resentenced to death, and many believe his best hope lies in winning the right to introduce new evidence that proves his innocence

As far as graff is concerned, what writers are overtly political?

I remember a character by twist of a cop that said "next time you feel like dissing make it this mutherfucker"

Alone is EXTREMELY political.

ummm, I saw lots of tags in pictures of seattle after the WTO riots. (which is not to say the writers were very political but they were involved in THE riot that resparked radical politics in the US)

Thats all that comes to mind right now but Im not half as up to date as most of you appear.

Originally posted by Smart

mumia - murderer

malcolm - seperatist

huey - get's a pass

Martin and Ceasar get mad props

Che - not your country, not a valid govt. system

you forgot Peltier and, as a member of the Sioux nation, I'll ask you to please just leave it alone

Why leave the discussion of Peltier alone? Is it because you are sensitive to this topic and you don't want to hear any ignorance - I can understand that - but maybe rather than leaving it alone, maybe you can shed some insight to folks who may not know very much about his history, and the events that shaped it. Especially since he is someone whose innocence was later proven and acknowledged, yet is not being set free or given parole even.

Ghandi, known for his non violent approach, greatly contributed to India's independence from Britain. Some people are able to contribute to a situation in whatever way works to help the cause.

Archived