Political Stencil Art Gallery -Birmingham, England

moseley

Hello My name is H. I've been asked to put on a political stencil art exhibition at the custard factory in Birmingham, England. The exhibition will travel to 3 locations (The Custard Factory (Birmingham), The Light House Gallery (Wolvehampton) and The Bulls Head Bar (Birmingham)) and will be at each location for a month.

The art itself must be of course stencil art and it must be political in some way. This could be anything from animal rights/war based stuff/feminism art to banksy type stuff. There will be an opening night too so if anyone reading is from England, pop down.

The current status of the political stencil art exhibition is I am meeting with the gallery co-ordinator this week to get a definite date for the exhibition (and the opening night) so I can start making the flyer. The date is going to be around early December, which means if you’re submitting any work I’ll need it/them by 25th November.

you can send whatever you want a stencil, a canvas, photography, images on a cd, even posters/flyers anything that represents your work.

The only thing is with the work you would have send me a cheque for the return postage, as I can't afford to pay for everyones postage back. Or alternatively if you’re willing you can sell your work at the show (we can sort that out, email me to arrange it). I will take nothing from your sale of your work.

Also if you send images on a cd, I'll have to ask for enough money to get them printed. sorry about asking for the money, I hate doing it as I really really appreciate your interest but I really can't afford to put this on if I'm covering all the funds. If I can organise an opening night and charge on the door, whatever I make I'll split equally with myself and the artists. You have my promise. However I'd only be charging £1 or something so it'll really be not much at all.

I will be taking photos of the opening night and the exhibition itself so you can see how it looks.

If you’re interested you can email me at

burnitdownhardcore@hotmail.com

I hope that covers everything, if not feel free to get in touch. hope to hear from you soon.

H

p.s. I dont have much internet access so its best you email me questions/queries, etc rather than post on this thread. thanks for reading.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived