Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Police sketches

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Ever since I was young and my sister and I would watch Unsolved Mysteries (9 pm, Wednesday nights), police sketches have interested me. And freaked me out a little bit, at least then - although I suspect Robert Stack's voice had something to do with that. Regardless, the combination of the Unsolved Mysteries theme music and a composite sketch will likely make me pee my pants a little even to this day. I was convinced that right when the show went to commercial, someone vaguely resembling the police sketch would start banging on the windows right near the TV while screaming wildly, even if the fugitive was wanted for something stupid like forgery or drug smuggling.

The sketches always end up looking like some strange humanoid-type thing. Take, for example, this:

[​IMG]

The placement of the facial features makes me think of a Mr. Potato Head Hitler with a blond wig. I found that sketch in a recent BBC news article, which, coincidentally, was about how the witness was unhappy with the police sketch, saying, "I don't think I've ever seen anyone who looks like that in Stalham or anywhere else in my life."

When you do a Google Image search for "police sketch," you come across some real winners:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's nice to see they give 9-year olds a chance to work at the police station drawing pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Seriously. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and having any of these last three standing next to your bed staring at you.

2. fuse=--action

fuse=--action Senior Member

Horay tax dollars.

-fuse.

3. and people thought basquiat was quite the artist...

4. ego maniac

ego maniac Elite Member

hardy har
    to that last one....
    that... alien.... huge dome ..
    havin... boy somthin..

scariest thing about unsolved
    mysteries to me was the
    intro music.....no.... no It
    was that mans voice....
    coulda been the stupidest non scary
    who gives a shit mystery...
    yett that dude had a way of
    makin it creepy as shit...

5. fuse=--action

I always like the updates that they put on the reruns.

You know, so you don't worry about the killer/vandal/missing kid anymore.

As if I ever did.

-fuse.

6. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

Those sketches are hilarious :lol:

7. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

[​IMG]

AKA Dirty Sanchez or Blondie Raccoon.

He looks like he fell asleep at the beach wearing a diving mask.

8. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

^^^
    And with SPF 15 lip balm.

9. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Yeah, that too.

Those programs they use distort the image and make everyone look like a Mongoloid.

Criminals are getting away with all sorts of dastardly deeds because of this. There should be an inquiry, I say.

10. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

This guy knows the score.
    And yeah, Unsolved Mysteries was terrifying.

11. fuse=--action

What's with this mustache-beard combo?

-fuse.

12. cornpone

cornpone Member

This guy looks wwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddd!!!!!!!

13. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

haha.

oh man...I don't know if I should post this or not...eh...wtf...
    unknown fact about steveaustin #45836
    I once got paid to help the police to do a facial reconstruction of a murder victim in photoshop. The guy was beaten so badly he was completely unrecognizeable.

14. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

Well Im glad someone else remembers how influential Robert Stack's voice was. He was great. I used to watch that show just for his voice. That and rescue 911 with Shatner.

Yeah.

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Yeah, Robert Stack had the scariest voice ever. That show was so freaky when they went into that supernatural stuff.