POLICE SHOOT SOME DUDE

smooth talker

Friday’s shooting

Blair said the 10 a.m. shooting at the Stockwell station was “directly linked” to the investigation. The station is just one stop away from the Oval subway station, site of one of Thursday’s four failed attacks.

The man jumped a turnstile and darted on a train car.

Witnesses offered conflicting versions, although they said the man showed no sign of being armed.

“I’ve seen these police officers shouting, ’Get down, get down,’ and I’ve seen this guy who appears to have a bomb belt and wires coming out,” witness Anthony Larkin told the British Broadcasting Corp.

Another passenger, Mark Whitby, said the man “looked like a Pakistani, but he had a baseball cap on and quite a thickish coat. It was a coat like you would wear in winter, a sort of padded jacket. Maybe he might have had something concealed under there, I don’t know. But it looked out of place in the weather we’ve been having.”

The man, who had no backpack as seen on earlier suicide bombers, tripped, Whitby told the BBC. “They pushed him onto the floor and unloaded five shots into him. He looked like a cornered fox. He looked petrified.”

It is unusual for London police, who generally do not carry firearms, to shoot a suspect.

Muslim leaders questioned whether a “shoot-to-kill” policy was now in effect for police pursuing suspected terrorists. Inayat Bunglawala, spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said he had spoken to nervous Muslims.

“I have just had one phone call saying, ‘What if I was carrying a rucksack?’ ” he said.

Mayor Ken Livingstone said suicide bombers, “if they remain conscious, they could trigger plastic explosives or whatever device is on them. Therefore, overwhelmingly in these circumstances, it is going to be a shoot-to-kill policy.”

Blair issued a plea for community support that appeared designed to head off resistance among some Muslims.

“We need the understanding of all communities,” he said. “This operation is targeted against criminals. It is not targeted against any community or any section of a community.”

He said the dead man had been challenged and refused to obey police instructions.

Later, police issued a statement: “This death, like all deaths related to police operations, is obviously a matter of deep regret. Nevertheless, the man who was shot was under police surveillance because he emerged from a house that was itself under observation because it was linked to the investigation of yesterday’s incidents.

“He was then followed by surveillance officers to the station. His clothing and his behavior at the station added to their suspicions.”

...........................................................................................

who was this guy? I havent been able to find shit of who he is. Seems wierd to me that his identity would be allowed to covered up so well. Doesnt suprise me that it is though. Damn this is some real ass shit though. Why did they shoot him five times in the gut after he trips, i mean shit if he had a bomb it mighta went off. Is this what they were hoping for, or are the pigs just a bunch of wild cowboys not following orders to get um in the grill. YOu fucking taggers better not be wearing any hoodies or coats to hide all the paint your stealing and going out to tag with......not even trying to make fun of the matter but thats pretty relevant considering the nature of this site...

some let me know who and why........well guess we already know why

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was he? He was some fucking idiot who ran when the cops shouted "Halt!" during an active terrorism investigation. Come on, how stupid can the guy be? Cops are chasing his ass down the subway platform shouting "Halt! Halt! You are under arrest!" and the guy jumps onto a train full of people?

I'm surprised the other passengers on the train didn't beat him to death. I would have immediately tried to kill the motherfucker myself. WHAT AN IDIOT. Even if he's completely innocent, he's got to have been the stupidest motherfucker in London.

We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005," police said in a statement.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets," the police said.

Police hunting four men who tried to bomb London's transport system on Thursday -- two weeks after suicide bombers killed 52 commuters -- shot dead the man who had been under surveillance and refused orders to halt.

The killing at point-blank range with five shots to the head in front of shocked passengers on a packed underground train triggered speculation that traditionally unarmed British police had radically changed their iron-fist-in-velvet-glove approach.

"The man emerged from a block of flats in the Stockwell area that were under police surveillance as part of the investigation into the incidents on Thursday 21st July.

"He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behavior added to their suspicions," the statement said.

It added that the circumstances that led to the man's death were being investigated

First off i think its interesting how this AOL write up says the dude was shot five times in the head...when yesterday all the witnesses said that it was in the stomach..go figure..

and the guy is innocent.... fucking crazy shit....damn pigs can get away with anything under the guise of "resisting arrest"...hope nobody goes trying to run for thier trolley being late to work....I can already see it now...."Arab man late to work, shot dead by police"....

I wonder who will be held responsible for this..Seems like human life is starting to lose its value...now i know this is not the first time the pigs have killed an innocent person so its not really all that shocking...what really fucked me up was the lack and still lack of information about what happend and why....its so obvious the mainstream media is just out to push a story they are given and not really investigate...i hope that if this happend in amerikkka we would demand at least to know the guys name and affiliations with terrorism...i mean if they would have caught the guy alive im sure they would of named him quick but given the circumstances they try to be hush hush......fucking facist pigs.......

as i posted in the channel zero thread, the officers were in plainclothes.

earlier there was this chief from scotland yard giving a statement... from what I heard, he said following things:

-there hasn't been any official moderations to the rights/practice of carrying or using firearms

-in these situations, common sense should tell the officers to go for head shots (he really said this in live bbc broadcast, it was hilarious) as body shots could leave the subject alive enough to explode himself, or cause the explosives to go off by the impact of the bullets. as he mentioned this, I remember he was wondering why would an officer shoot the subject in the torso. So I guess they had information about five shots to the torso, not head, and were talking about this subject for that reason

- the chief was also sweating about, and almost doubting the shooters were actually police officers. As if he would've rather believe that a "real" cop would realize the circumstances and not expect to make a successful arrest there: a person moving in a shady area of london would most likely flee from 20 aggressive, plainclothes men telling him to stop.

Then again, why would a cop shoot a man lying on the ground, if he didn't hold a threat under his coat. If it was a bomb and we were in a packed subway car, I'd shoot the guy all over his body and face at least five times.

Anyway as I wasn't there and I don't know the details, there's not much I can say that wouldn't bee too subjective. all I know is that there's a guy with 5 holes in him and he's in the world of shit.

Man Shot by London Police Not Connected to Bombings

Citizens Say the Mistaken Killing Makes Them More Fearful

By JILL LAWLESS, AP

LONDON (July 23) - The man officers killed in a dramatic subway shooting apparently had nothing to do with a series of bombing attacks on London's transit system, police said Saturday, calling the death a "tragedy'' and expressing their regret.

Getty Images

The killing in London's Underground subway system is a shocking episode and immediately raises questions about whether police now have a shoot-to-kill policy toward terrorism suspects.

Police had pursued the man and shot him point-blank Friday in front of horrified passengers on a train at the Stockwell station in south London, later saying he was "directly linked'' to the attempted bombings the previous day.

But on Saturday, a spokesman for Metropolitan Police said "the man was unconnected to the incidents of Thursday'' in which bombs placed on three subway cars and a double-decker bus failed to detonate properly, and was "probably unconnected'' to the July 7 suicide bombings that killed 56, including the bombers.

"He's not believed to be connected in any way to any of the London bombings,'' a police source said on condition he not be identified.

In a country where most police are not armed, and police shootings are rare, the killing in the subway was a shocking episode and immediately raised questions about whether police now have a shoot-to-kill policy toward terrorism suspects. Police refused to discuss "operational tactics.'' But police sources and security experts said it was clear from the incident that officers were operating under revised guidelines.

The leader of a human rights group called for a quick and thorough investigation into the shooting, and a Muslim leader said the news would make London's immigrants and Muslims more fearful.

"It's incredibly important that society remains united at such a tense time, it's very important that young Asian men don't feel that there is some kind of trigger-happy culture out there,'' Shami Chakrabarti, director of civil rights group Liberty, said in a statement.

On Saturday, police raided a house in south London that they said was connected to the investigation. No arrests were made, police said Saturday evening.

Earlier, police said a second suspect had been arrested in south London, close to the scene of one of the attacks this week. The arrest late Friday was ``in connection with our inquiries'' into Thursday's attacks, police said. The first suspect, whose identity has also not been released, was being questioned at a high-security London police station.

Police would not say whether the men were among the four suspected of carrying bombs onto three subway trains and a bus Thursday.

In explaining Friday's shooting, police said officers trailed the man after he emerged from a nearby house that was under surveillance because of a suspected link to Thursday's attempted attacks.

Suspicious of his behavior and clothing, officers followed him into the station and then ordered him to stop, police said. Witnesses said the man ran into a subway car, where officers fatally shot him about five times at point-blank range. He has not been identified.

"People will be afraid to walk the streets now, to take the Tube."

-Azzam Tamimi, Muslim Association of Britain

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets,'' a police spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity.

Azzam Tamimi, a spokesman for the Muslim Association of Britain, said "people will be afraid to walk the streets now, to take the Tube.

"To give license to people to shoot someone dead like that on the basis of suspicion is very frightening,'' Tamimi told the British Broadcasting Corp.

"The problem in this particular incident is that the person seems to be colored, seems to be Asian. Now he can be of any religion, from any roots or region. This will cause a great anxiety and concern,'' Tamimi said.

Sir Iqbal Sacranie, secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, acknowledged that "the police are under tremendous pressure to apprehend the criminals who are attempting to cause carnage on the streets of London,'' but he said, "it's absolutely vital that the utmost care is taken to ensure that innocent people are not killed due to overzealousness.''

London's Mayor Ken Livingstone called the killing a "human tragedy.''

"The police acted to do what they believed necessary to protect the lives of the public. This tragedy has added another victim to the toll of deaths for which the terrorists bear responsibility,'' he said.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission, would investigate the shooting, but would do nothing "to hinder the urgent police priority of tracking down and bringing to justice those responsible for the recent London bombings,'' commission chairman Nick Hardwick said.

In a late development Saturday, police said a "suspicious package'' that might be linked to the attempted bombings Thursday had been found during a search of parkland in northwest London.

Security alerts kept the city of about 8 million people on edge. Londoners mourned, with hundreds packing Westminster Cathedral for the funeral Mass of Anthony Fatayi-Williams, a 26-year-old who was among the 52 people killed by four suicide bombers July 7.

"These present atrocities and Anthony's death have raised great emotions in us,'' Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster Alan Hopes told mourners. "We are angry, we are appalled and we are grieving. But as Christians we cannot yield to bitterness, we cannot yield to thoughts of revenge.''

London's police force said it had had a good response to Friday's release of photos of suspects captured on closed-circuit surveillance cameras. Police said an anti-terrorist hot line had received more than 400 calls since Friday's appeal for help from members of the public.

The bombs, which contained homemade explosives, failed to detonate properly and no one was injured in Thursday' attacks, which echoed the much deadlier blasts by four suicide bombers exactly two weeks earlier.

The startlingly clear closed-circuit TV images of the suspects released Friday stared from the front pages of British newspapers Saturday. "Faces of the four bombers,'' said the Daily Telegraph. "The Fugitives'' said The Times, while the Daily Mail labeled them "Human Bombs.''

One image shows a stocky man in a "NEW YORK'' shirt running through a station. Another depicts a man in a white baseball cap and a T-shirt adorned with palm trees. Two others are in dark clothes, slightly obscured by a poor camera angle.

A statement posted Friday on an Islamic Web site in the name of an al-Qaida-linked group claimed responsibility for Thursday's attacks. Authorities, however, were skeptical. The group, Abu Hafs al Masri Brigades, has also claimed responsibility for the July 7 bombings - as it did for the 2003 New York City blackout and many other events.

Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said dealing with the threat posed by the bombers was "the greatest operational challenge ever faced by the Metropolitan Police Service.''

He said the service, which for years had to deal with terror campaigns waged by the Irish Republican Army, was now "facing previously unknown threats and great danger.''

07/23/05 15:57 EDT

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

...........................................................................................

damn so the next aol report they post says nothing at all about where the man was shot... it couldnt be more obvious.... telling lies then covering it up by just not telling anything...

I dont see how they are gonna white wash this one. Plain clothes officer shoot some dude who is completly innocent. Shit if that happend in Cali motherfuckers would be rioting for sure. I mean where the fuck is london at.

Fuck all this bullshit about you better stop if they say stop. This really concretes your piggish nature. NO ONE EVER STOPS. THATS THE NUMBER ONE RULE. EVEN WHEN THEY SAY STOP MOTHER FUCKER I GOT A GUN. especially if they are plain clothes. for all he knew it was some klan motherfuckers trying to fuck him up on some racist retaliation shit. i mean why not shoot him in the leg. THAT FOOL HAD TO OF KNOWN SOMETHING..i wonder who else is dying in these bombings. who didnt get the memo to stay home....PIG BITCH PUSSY ASS FAGGOT PUNKS>...

Originally posted by KaBar2@Jul 23 2005, 08:33 PM

The London Metropolitan Police?  Fascist pigs?  Get the fuck outta here.  WHEN THE COPS SAY "HALT," YOU BEST FUCKING HALT.  Man.  How old are you again?

Maybe he knew he was being RACIALY PROFILED and didn't feel like getting deported or sent to whatever Englands version of Guatanamo Bay is to be tortured for info that he didn't have?

Maybe he didn't think that they would straight up EXECUTE HIM infront of mad people for no reason after he was already tackled to the ground?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fuck the Police. Pigs are sapose to be held accoutable for this type of shit but they aint.

All you idiots (like Kabar) that keep defending the cops like they sent from god or something need to wise the fuck up. It's attitudes like that that fule the ego of the fascists and brainwash niggas into thinking they aint even sapose to have rights. I don't know about in England, but in the US we're sapose to be protected against this type of shit.

Yall idiots that defend the cops nomatter what remind me a a saying by Ben Franklin... "Those who would trade in their freedom for security deserve neither".

Originally posted by SF1@Jul 23 2005, 08:54 PM

Maybe he didn't think that they would straight up EXECUTE HIM infront of mad people for no reason after he was already tackled to the ground?

For once i am going to have to agree with SF1.

I thought they shot him from far way, no, they actually executed the motherfucker.

I mean they tackle dude, and shoot him in the back of the head, i know that there were terror attacks and everything but these guys were over-zealous in their actions. Guy was running for his train, hes being chased by unders who more than likely did NOT identify themselves as policemen.

For reals, somebody needs to be held liable for this shit.

Well, the cops in London are not known for their reckless disregard for suspects' well-being. They thought the guy was a terrorist. He acted suspiciously and he ran from the police, towards a train full of passengers. He was wearing bulky clothing, in summer weather, which made it appear that he might be wearing explosives.

Too bad they croaked an innocent guy. It's a war; and in war, people get killed. I still say he had to have been the stupidest guy in London to run from police anywhere near a train station. You can also add "Anywhere near a bus" to the list of places in UK where it is probably suicidal to resist arrest.

I bet the next innocent person wearing bulky clothes that is tempted to run from the cops surrenders and raises his hands.

Anybody that tells you "Never stop when the cops yell 'Halt!'" is giving you criminally bad advice. DO NOT RUN FROM COPS. The state has to prove it's case, and if they can't prove it, you walk. The best plan is to not break the law, period.

("Piggish nature," LOL LOL LOL. What an idiot. Go ahead, tell the cops "Fuck you, pig!" See what it gets you. How old are you again? Fourteen? Maybe fifteen? I can just hear it now, as they slam the cell door: "But I didn't DO nothing, it's not faaiir!" LIFE IS NOT FAIR. Best get used to it. It becomes a lot more fair when you stop deliberately pissing off the police. Sheesh.)

Originally posted by ARCEL@Jul 24 2005, 06:45 AM

everyone has the right to live

Basicakky he was seen coming out a house already being watched in relation to the previous days failed bombings. He was wearing a large jacket (i know our summers are shit but its not that cold!) and was going towards the tube station at stockwell. Considering the events of the last month combined with the fact he came out of a house already being monitored, it probably seemed a safe bet he could have been carrying a bomb.

Then he ran into the tube station jumped the barriers and ran onto a train. Again normally it would be a quick arrest with no real violence involved but they thought he was a suicide bomber. The only way to stop him was to shoot him in the head. I feel sorry for the bloke, his family and the people who saw it. A combination of various factors led to this fella's death. But if he HAD been a bomber and they let him get away then he blew the train up he was on that would have been a fucking disaster.

FUCK TERRORISTS

FUCK EXTREMISTS

FUCK PEOPLE WHO HATE ON ALL MUSLIMS COS OF A FEW TOSSERS

i fully agree with kabar, you tell me you wouldnt pop-a-shot at some funky dressed mother fucker running for a subway car packed with people a few days after FOUR joints got smoked? okay, so he wasnt a terrorist, but what if he was? you just let this guy get right on that train huh? now i dont know about the whole 5 to the dome execution thing, but fuck it, better safe than sorry, and better him than hundreds. if nothing else, its probably got people shook enough to the point where it may hold them at bay a while longer till shit cools the fuck down, and possibly allow enough time to concentrate more on the investagation rather than the security.

Ah what the fuck? yeah you're right, I give up. They should just round up all the muslims and shoot them just to be safe. Fuckit, take out all the protester types too! there was suicide bombings damnit! kill everyone that blinks wrong damnit! Just to be safe!

And while were at it lets start burning witches again!

Not a whole lot of people in this thread seem to be taking into account the reason the police were carrying weapons and on edge. The cop was more prone to using his weapon because of the terror attacks that have been taking place the past few days, while alot of people on here seem to think it happened just out of the blue.

And if this guy did blow himself and a train full of people up, which seemed more likely in the moments before he was killed, every one of you on here saying "fuk da pigz dey aint shiet mofucka yo gay assz niggaz~!" would be furious they didn't shoot him to begin with.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Jul 24 2005, 05:32 PM

I thought they shot him from far way, no, they actually executed the motherfucker.

I mean they tackle dude, and shoot him in the back of the head, i know that there were terror attacks and everything but these guys were over-zealous in their actions.

Actually, he utlilized one of the tactics the Israelis have been teaching their police force. If you can cover a suicide bombers body before he detonates himself, you prevent most of the shrapnel from flying out across the train. Shrapnel being the leading cause of death when it comes to suicide bombers. So it was more of a selfless act that went terribly wrong than a "execution."

Originally posted by SF1+Jul 23 2005, 11:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Jul 23 2005, 11:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KaBar2@Jul 23 2005, 08:33 PM

The London Metropolitan Police?  Fascist pigs?  Get the fuck outta here.  WHEN THE COPS SAY "HALT," YOU BEST FUCKING HALT.  Man.  How old are you again?

Maybe he knew he was being RACIALY PROFILED and didn't feel like getting deported or sent to whatever Englands version of Guatanamo Bay is to be tortured for info that he didn't have?

[/b]

Maby he should have just done what he was told :huh2:

Anybody that tells you "Never stop when the cops yell 'Halt!'" is giving you criminally bad advice. DO NOT RUN FROM COPS. The state has to prove it's case, and if they can't prove it, you walk.

where you from? this is the opening scene in a police state. ever read orwell? they dont even need a warrent to bust into your house and flip the shit... if they want to, they can pull your ass over and shake you down just to make sure your being a good citizen. the old world is OVER. THIS IS THE NEW WORLD ORDER, and as long as police are shooting innocent people, regardless the situation, they are not on my "trusted" list. they are part of the problem... on the same list as katie curric and george bush... the terrorist list.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Jul 25 2005, 06:19 PM

Not a whole lot of people in this thread seem to be taking into account the reason the police were carrying weapons and on edge. The cop was more prone to using his weapon because of the terror attacks that have been taking place the past few days, while alot of people on here seem to think it happened just out of the blue.

And if this guy did blow himself and a train full of people up, which seemed more likely in the moments before he was killed, every one of you on here saying "fuk da pigz dey aint shiet mofucka yo gay assz niggaz~!" would be furious they didn't shoot him to begin with.

Actually, he utlilized one of the tactics the Israelis have been teaching their police force. If you can cover a suicide bombers body before he detonates himself, you prevent most of the shrapnel from flying out across the train. Shrapnel being the leading cause of death when it comes to suicide bombers. So it was more of a selfless act that went terribly wrong than a "execution."

You must be retarded.

Originally posted by SF1+Jul 25 2005, 08:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Jul 25 2005, 08:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Stereotype V.001@Jul 25 2005, 06:19 PM

You must be retarded.

[/b]

:haha:

im tellin you son.... a cop could cap a graf head and these kids would say "he shouldnt have been painting..." or "can you blame the cop... i mean.. look at the situation"

"i guess you gotta sleep before you be awake" -gfe