Poison the Well

Thumbs up for melodic hardcore.

Thumbs down for assholes.

SO they left trustkill and talked a lot of shit on what has been concidered the greatest hardcore label in the world.

Now they are on a new label and have a summer tour with Kittie.

My two cents on the whole thing, Poison the Well will do to hardcore music what Blink-182 did to punk.

- - for christ sake, I saw an American Nightmare T-shirt in my sister's Seventeen magazine.

Why must everything sacred be 'destroyed'? What is your take on this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest platapie

it obvious if its good and peopel liek it. it eventully makes its way to the masses. its just teh way things go. if mtv played log cabin 10 years ago we woudl all be dressing liek radio inactive, or if the played operation ivy on tv in 1990 then things woudl just be diffrent. if its good its good.

Guest serpent of the light

what? thats fucking dumb.

i don't much like those guys anymore anyways, but that's fucking dumb as hell. honestly, somebody was gonna do it eventually anyways, so why not them? h2o tried it and failed. i don't really care. i watched it in punk and the true kids are still there, i'm sure hardcore will stay the same.

and trustkill is far from the best hc label ever, fuck that. revelation or indecision, you've got a battle for best right there.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

- - for christ sake, I saw an American Nightmare T-shirt in my sister's Seventeen magazine.

dude is your sister hot?

Originally posted by whoami

fuck enlighten this thread name some good bands...

some hc bands i like: earth crisis, hatebreed, throwdown, santa sangre, e town concrete, 18 visions, over my dead body, refused, instead, ensign, judge, trial, himsa, shogun (303 reppin), etc...

i saw this band preacher, from iowa, last night, those guys were really fucking rad live, i don't know about their recorded stuff though.

whooooooo! early earth crisis rocks. firestorm and all out war ep's are fantastic.

insted rocks as well.

ensign is great too. i remember when i first saw them a couple years ago, at some tiny skatepark on the 3rd floor of some building.. wild.

i'm tired and hot water music is putting me to sleep.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Thumbs up for melodic hardcore.

Thumbs down for assholes.

SO they left trustkill and talked a lot of shit on what has been concidered the greatest hardcore label in the world.

Now they are on a new label and have a summer tour with Kittie.

My two cents on the whole thing, Poison the Well will do to hardcore music what Blink-182 did to punk.

1. Huge thumbs down to melodic hardcore. This new breed of "hardcore" is for the most part, absolute shit. Horrible lyric oriented, Fashion concious scenestar fronted, trying to make their cds look like "professional" shit. The worst part is, most of these bands that say theyre "melodic" cant write a catchy melody to save their 80 pound lives.

2. Trustkill is shit. They USED to be a decent label, before they decided they wanted to be what victory was 10 years ago. Despair and Harvest were sincere hardcore bands, 18 Visions? fuck that. Theres an assload of hardcore record labels that still put out quality, sincere hardcore, without shooting to be some glossy heartless shit. Anyone who thinks trustkill is "amazing" needs to get a clue.

3. Poison the well has barely anything to do with hardcore. I don't think any mall teenyboppers are concerned with co-opting crust punk anytime soon. At the very least, Maybe some people will get into hardcore and find something worthwhile. I'm real sorry you cant keep a shitty band all to your lonesome.

4. Hardcore sucks. Hooray for the new millenium of hardcore kids- apathetic suburban shitheads who sit around on their computers writing in their "livejournals" and trying to get fucked all day long. Those who are sincere have been here, are still here, and will continue to sift through all of the horrible shit.

I'm going to go listen to From Ashes Rise now. Didn't you hear them playing in A+F?

yeah man, ensign is fucking rad. i saw them about a year ago w/ some other band i can't remember who now though. anyone remember who they were on tour w/ in june of last year??? fuck thats gonna drive me nuts.

you heard avenged sevenfold? those guys are off the fucking hook. i cant wait to see them, supposedly playing a few dates of the warped tour.

i dont much like hotwater music. oh well tho

onesandzeros--you fucking win.

and yes, 18 visions, newer isnt as good. when they were hardline though, they were rad.

oh and about fancy cover art.... converge's latest album, jane doe, has some awesome art in it... the music is awesome.. and the lyrics are beautiful.. although you can't really tell because the guys are screaming off the top of their lungs... and the lyrics aren't really what you would expect them to be because of the sound of the music... it's so great... everyone should try to get their hands on it..

meh, i think converge is awesome live, but i don't like their recordings. the art however, is rad forsure.

Poison the Well gets an okay in my book I like to see them live 10 thimes more than listening to them on cd. Fuck the soft shit they try and do.

onesandzeros-

4. Hardcore sucks. Hooray for the new millenium of hardcore kids- apathetic suburban shitheads who sit around on their computers writing in their "livejournals" and trying to get fucked all day long. Those who are sincere have been here, are still here, and will continue to sift through all of the horrible shit.

I agree. Every show I go to anymore there are more and more kids I have never seen before. Makes me feel really old and out of touch with things. I see too many kids jumping out of mommy SUV in front of the show with their freinds. But god I love when they attempt to dance and just get wrecked by the kids that have been around. Makes me laugh thinking about it.

Guest railroadjerk

melodic hardcore rules

poison the well, from autumn to ashes, hopesfall, SAVED BY GRACE!

Originally posted by platapie

it obvious if its good and peopel liek it. it eventully makes its way to the masses. its just teh way things go. if mtv played log cabin 10 years ago we woudl all be dressing liek radio inactive, or if the played operation ivy on tv in 1990 then things woudl just be diffrent. if its good its good.

last time i checked, shit that's popular is usually bad. really bad.

i was hoping this would be about contaminating water supplies and killing people.

which seems cool, but it's really not.... because the poor (the people that can afford bottled wateror doctors) are the only ones that would really suffer.

I saw Poison the Well, they sucked before they sold out.

List Of Hardcore bands selling out:

Sick Of It All - trying to be Korn

American Nightmare - Trying to be Converge

AFI (hardcore) - The mainstream calls this shit hardcore?

Also, Poison the Well is NOT hardcore.

The A Team is fucking hardcore. Central Mass Ratcore. 83 Hardcore is where it's at. Fuck the new poppy hardcore (AFI) and emo-core (the Dedicaton).

fuck calling bands like poison the well hardcore. i am not part of that shit scene.

labels that rock: 625 Productions. Slap a Ham. Sound Pollution. ThirdXParty.

fuck glossy covers, fuck american nightmare. fuck the hype.

ASSUCK. CROSSED OUT. MAN IS THE BASTARD. INFEST. HIS HERO IS GONE. CAPITALIST CASUALITES.

bump for from ashes rise. at least some people know whats up.

Originally posted by xUrbanWastex

I saw Poison the Well, they sucked before they sold out.

List Of Hardcore bands selling out:

Sick Of It All - trying to be Korn

American Nightmare - Trying to be Converge

AFI (hardcore) - The mainstream calls this shit hardcore?

Also, Poison the Well is NOT hardcore.

The A Team is fucking hardcore. Central Mass Ratcore. 83 Hardcore is where it's at. Fuck the new poppy hardcore (AFI) and emo-core (the Dedicaton).

I don't know about the a-team. Making fun of aids and homosexuals onstage at your shows gets the gasface, as does rumors about racist undertones.

As much as I don't like glossy covered hardcore, You can't front on the new fall silent. Shit is boomin.

Archived