Poison the Well : TFTR

George Dubyah Bush

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

meh, i'm fairly bored w/ ptw. first time i saw them about a year and a half ago, it was the best and craziest show i'd ever been to. i saw them like 4 months later, it was shitty. and then about 3 months ago they came, and i was really fucking disappointed.

actually, the whole denver scene seems to be going steadily downward. oh well.

i see ptw w/ hatebreed on the 3 and 4th of march. hopefully it will be an improvement from the past couple shows.

Oh my fucking god was that show amazing. They had like 10 bands play before their set, but it was fucking crazy/awesome...........one of the best concerts i been too. Awesome show, packed like a can of sardines......amazing performance.......sang/screamed like every word. JEsus that was awesome. Fucking awesome. They only had a 40 minute set b/c other local bands were playing afterwords. but Yeah. Amazing. Lord, i have said awesome a gazillion times here.......

Some facts

1.) They definately don't suck

2.) They're not underground anymore. And some people are giving them alot of slack because they do the emotional hardcore thing, and their second album is not as straightfowards as the first. We'll they're stupid fucks. Those are the types that dislike the band because they're not straightfoward, im tough as shit hardcore. Fuck themmm.

They have their foot out of the underground, because they're national and they're getting huge as fuck. The venue they played is like a big factory sized room and it was packed. it was amazing.

well. im out. gotta work tommrow. peace.

i like them....but they are VERY cliche in the genre of metalcore. with their forced emotion and such. they sound good...but i can definetly pick up on how they are trying to hard. it just appears to be a bunch of HARDCORE SCENESTERS taking themselves too seriously like usual. fucking scenesterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz.

also...you must not go to shows very often huh? or you usually listen to more mainstream music? i go to shows all the time and i dont see why i should post about them. its music. they yell. they scream. they are fast. they are good. end of story.

im not bashing on you dood. dont sweat it. just saying whats on my mind. peacerzzzz

They had that new cd of theirs at my radio station. I played a couple of songs off of it. They were quite eh. Most overrated band in hardcore ever. just another band to put on your nicest scenester clothes on for. I even got stuck seeing them in montreal and the show was sold out with scenesters. how I wish the black hand was playing that show instead. I dont think i even really thought ptw was that great since they were an acre lost.

My hardcore dollar is on STARKWEATHER.

Some facts

1.) They definately don't suck

2.) They're not underground anymore. And some people are giving them alot of slack because they do the emotional hardcore thing, and their second album is not as straightfowards as the first. We'll they're stupid fucks. Those are the types that dislike the band because they're not straightfoward, im tough as shit hardcore. Fuck themmm.

Their wack they sound like every other try hard band in the fucking world.....i'm so dark,i'm alone in this world,i'm going to play the whole emotion bullshit thing in to the ground, isn't all hXc emotional?

I can tell your a male coat rack.

Yall can blow me.

Just like i said, you are all giving me shit for liking a band that is in. i'm not that young but im not an old fart rambling on whats best in hardcore because you've been in the scene alot longer then me. Big f'in deal. How do you think hardcore music spreads and bands get money? By new kids coming in and gettting interested and going to shows. And of course, every older, "credible" person in a music scene has put down a freaking band cuz they've blown up and everyone likes them. Its just like rap, its just like punk, its just like metal. All that bullshit is the same. What i am getting here , is that, you guys are saying they suck because they're whats in. I'm sorry but thats retarded.

I never dictated what was right and what was wrong in hardcore. I didn't even say they were the best in hardcore, i just stated that their band is growing and becoming extremely popular and i dig them alot. I love their music and they're really nice guys. They're from my local area, so you have to give them respect and credit for being one of the hugest and most known hardcore bands right now. Ahk, whatever im off this now. I think Seeking needs a little input. Or just someone who has rational knowledge and some positive input

and makros, yeah i go to shows all the time too, its just that this wasn't a show. This was a freaking concert. The size of this place was huge and it was packed. Everyone singing together, huge fucking dance pit.......it was just an awesome experience so i had to share. Shit like that doesn't happen at local hardcore shows. So there, yeah. it just stuck out in my head. And now everyone has to hate.........bleh.

• 4 weeks later...

actually yes they are really over-rated and yes starkweather does kill people. and yes i do dig hopesfall and yes again the new poison the well cd is not worh picking up..its a "cool" album to buy and and carry around with your tight shirts and big belt buckles and black hair..stupid fucks hardcore isnt about fashion..but yes im ranting and raving god i swear im turning into jyst..

Guest blink_ATX

yes i have to say tha poison the well is the best band out there in hardcore right now, well there is the likes of xDisciplex, and indecision but when it comes to consistent rocking and intense lyrics and melodic undertones vocally and instrumentally, they take the cake. Fucking rock end of goddamn story and i want to see them live soooooooooooo bad.

if you guys are impressed with poison the well, i feel sorry for you. they are just standard. hopesfall too. if the extent of your music collection is victory and initial stuff, i can see why. but really, if you think these people are the best out there, look a little harder. you'll like what you find

• 2 months later...
Guest serpent of the light

i'm actually sick of PTW more than ever.

i've noticed that since their reign of power began almost all hardcore is turning melodic. i'm starting a pact of hardcore kids who are against that. its fucking annoying. i want chugga chugga bands, not fucking whiners. ugh. fuck you

they get the "ok, but nothing to write home about" stamp from Tyler D. alot of their lyrics do indeed tend to be trite and cliche and they definetly do lean heavily on that whole "im alone...im dark" thing at times....but then again, they can do whatever the hell they want because im not in the band and i do catch myself listening to them at times.

right now, im really working very hard on my whole "solo-project" thing for the whole "emo" scene now....if chris carraarrarararararabba is cashing in then hell....im riding this train all the way in.....behold "Emoped"................

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00198683f00000018.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00198683f00000017.jpg'>

see that? yeah. thats all mine baby. im on victory now and aint no-one stopping me. i'm touring with BadLuck13RiotExtravaganza and The New Amsterdams next month...be sure to check me out at warped tour too....boo yah.

..................................time for some more Throwdown......

Archived