POISON IVY?

Guest schick1

Guest schick1

im wondering, well how many of you have gotten poison ivy or any similatr rashs from plants painting? see cuz I got it nasty all up on my leg in wisc. a couple of months ago, and I just got some similar shit on my face from hiding in bushes from engines in illinois. so is this a common problem or do i have bad luck. ps shit sucks my eye has swollen shut, what the fuck im cursed. ALso you could continue this thread with other bullshit regarding nature that has happened to you in spots, i get chased by raccons alot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THE NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS USE TO EAT POISON IVY TO BECOME IMMUNE TO IT...BELIEVE IT OR NOT...LET ME SCHOOL YOU..THERE ARE SEVERAL TYPES OF POISON , SUMAC, OAK, IVY..THE LEAVES ARE SHINY, AS IF THEY HAVE OIL ON THEM..FUNNY THING IS , YOU DONT HAVE TO BE NEAR POISON IVY TO CATCH IT..THE OIL TRAVELS, ESPECIALLY ON WINDY DAYS, THRU ANIMAL FUR, EVEN THRU CAMPFIRES,ETC...SO IF YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE OIL, YOU GOT IT..IV'E ALREADY GOTTEN IT IN THE WINTER TIME, WHEN THE PLANTS ARE DEAD..THERE'S A PRODUCT CALLED ''IVY DRY'', LIQUID, OR CREAM, WHICH WORKS PRETTY GOOD, FORGET ABOUT ALL THE OTHER SHIT, CALAMINE, CORTIZONES[OVER THE COUNTER], THEY ALL DO VERY LITTLE TO RELIEVE IT..BUT IVY DRY WORKS PRETTY GOOD..NOW IF YOU REALLY GOT IT BAD, THEN CORTIZONE SHOTS FROM YOUR DOCTOR, WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT SHIT TOO...OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT, THAT ''IVY DRY'' MAKES A ''PRE-APPLIED'' CREAM / LIQUID ,THAT YOU RUB INTO YOUR SKIN, PRIOR TO BEING AROUND ANY WOODS, OR PLANTS, AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO KEEP YOU FROM GETTING IT...ALTHOUGH I NEVER TRIED THAT..POISON SUCKS, I GET IT FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT THE MORE YOU GET IT, AND THE WORSE, THE MORE QUICKER YOU ARE TO BECOME IMMUNE TO IT..YOU CAN ALSO FIND SUPPLEMENTS OF THE PLANT EXTRACT AT A VITAMIN/HERBAL/SUPPLEMENT STORE, JUST INCASE YOU AREN'T INTO EATING THE SHIT, HOW THE FUCK DID THOSE CHEROKEE'S EAT THAT SHIT ANYWAY?????????

Guest cheesecurd

I rocked poison oak 2 summers ago...from wisco as well. everywhere on my legs where I had a small scrape or scratch my skin started to look like pizza the hut from spaceballs. and I repeat...watch the fuck out for skunks...I ran over one on my mountain bike and had to throw away my nike's. ps. where'd you stray while you were up here? if you feel it's safer to email... fr8groupie@yahoo.com see about trading spot info.

poison ivy in britain

We don't get poison ivy round here. I got some evil rash on my leg though from some plant. Whenever I get tracksides I usually come out of it with cuts from that thorny bullshit that grows all over tracks. Annoying but unavoidable.

i get poison ivy every summer..

or poison something (sumac, oak, etc)

i think that i am getting used to it though...now it just causes red bumps..it used to flare up and spread real bad..

it is just too hot to wear long pants throughout summer

the worst was two summers ago...i was fresh out of college and looking for jobs.

i had bought a really nice business suit to wear to the interviews i was going on..

it was summer, so i had gotten one with a skirt..

i finally got some interviews lined up and a few days before they started i went painting

our way in was fucked up so we went a long way and i ended up walking through some shin-high weeds

of course there was a lot of poison something in there..

my leg flames up and with hours was red and pustulely

gross

it just got worse over the next few days and spread all over my leg and to the other one

i went to my job inteerviews with legs like that...i was trying to keep 'em hidden under desks and under neath whatever i was sitting on...but i know those people were thinkin what the fuck?!

• 2 weeks later...

Mosquito Coast

There are thick swamps in my yards. Ive been walked up on by a crocadile (for real). It stared at me for a while, then swam off. And the mosquitos are no joke. We go out with long sleeves and some Cutter, but still come back with bites all over my neck, face and ass. Nothing like West Nile in the morning, that shit is for real.

SwampthinG

poison ivy,skunks,foxs,people gettin mugged/raped/shot in my yard!

fucking people walkin the tracks,little kids makin shit hot as fuck by throwing shit at the trains.......................................................................................................................:cool: that was stupid....

poison ivy is the worst...I got it twice over the summer. All of the sudden my body became really sensitive to it and it spreads quickley..the second it was on my face really bad. The doctor gave me some kind of prescription cream that got rid of it in about a week. The shitty part was right after I got it the second time I had a bussines trip to myrtle beach so I had to spend 3 days at the beach in a tshirt because my cheat and stomach was TORE UP with poison ivy. the salt water helped it out a bit though...And who ever mentioned ivy dry knows whats up...I also use that shit when i get a break out on my face because it drys your skin out so much. The only thing I hate about ivy ddry is after a few days of putting it on it stats to burn really really bad because your skin gets so dry from it. I would seriously put it on and do the "ouch ouch" dance in my bathroom.

another good remedy to get rid of it is to take dry oatmeal and rub into it especiall the weeping sores...and when your sleep bandage your weeping sores with oat meal to dry it out. I know it sounds crazy but it does work, I have witnessed it.

And the product someone mentioned that prevents it from happening is called ivy block. then I have had to go through alot of bushes or weeds to get to spots I have used that stuff and it does work really well...it gets my seal of approval.

IDUNNO IVE NEVER HAD ANY OF IT AND IVE BEEN THREW THE THICK AND THIN OF COUNTRY LIVING...I KNOW POISOIN IVY HAS NO EFFECT ON ME BECUSE WHEN I WAS LITTLE I USED TO TAKE THE LEAVES(THEY HAVE A THREE LEAF PATTERN WITH THE THIRD LOOKING LIKE A MITTEN)AND RUB THEM ON EVERYBODY,I REMEBER GETTING IN CRAZY TROUBLE FOR THIS ACT BUT OWELL....GOODTIMES LIVING THE INDIANA LIFESTYLE

a month ago i was walking in the dark on a trail in the forest and i saw a small dark thing running towards me, i ran the fuck out of there. the summer before last i went in the bushes to smoke weed, and i got poison oak really bad. the sores just wouldent heal. ive seen some scary spiders under bridges, they stop moving after you paint em.

Archived