Podcastorinos

iloveboxcars

Or podcasts for short. I listen to a shit ton. I commute 1 hour each way every day and spend the majority of my 8 hour work day alone. So that's close to 10 hours of media I consume Monday through Friday, plus a lot of Saturdays for some extra cashola.

I figured I'd throw together a list of what's in my rotation in hopes that others would add thiers and all of us could find some cool new things to fuck with.

Here goes..

Common Sense with Dan Carlin

Dan Carlin is mostly known for his history podcast Hardcore History but his political/current events podcast (this one) is just as good, much shorter, and shows Dan Carlin to be a very level headed guy.

Cortex

Cortex is a podcast where popular youtuber CGPGrey is interviewed by his friend about how he works and what he does to stay focused. He is a very specific, queer person when it comes to organization but he has mentioned several things that have actually helped me to better myself when it comes to organization.

Criminal

Stories about criminals or criminals acts. Lots of fun.

Hardcore History

Every one of these episodes are several hours long and very interesting. Each episode is generally one of several in a series. Right now he is doing a series called King of Kings focusing on the Persian empire.

DecodeDC

American politics podcast by a guy that is a retired lobbyist.

Detective

2 seasons so far that focus on one detective each season and tell his stories.

Futility Closet

a weekly podcast, which is hosted by a husband and wife team. Each episode spotlights a quirky or forgotten episode from history and presents a lateral thinking puzzle, in which one of them has to unravel an odd situation using only yes-or-no questions.

Intelligence squared US debates

Smart people arguing over serious things.

Legends Thursdays

Well known retired writer coupe interviews other writers. I listen when the guest interests me but I can't stand how uninformed coupe is. He has said before he has never read a book, and you can really tell by the vocabulary he uses and his extensive use of the word "like" and lack of sentence variety. I'm not trying to diss him, I have a lot of respect for him. I just wish he would try to limit his use of filler words and maybe study better interviewers and try to figure out what makes them good at what they do.

Lore

Lore is a bi-weekly podcast (and upcoming TV show) about the dark historical tales that fuel our modern superstitions. Each episode explores the world of mysterious creatures, tragic events, and unusual places

My Brother, My Brother, and Me

Stupid joke advice podcast where 3 brothers give shitty advice to listeners and yahoo questions people. Only listen if something described as "goofy" would interest you.

Mystery Show

A woman solves silly mysteries sent in by listeners. Only one season so far

Radiolab

Interesting podcast about nothing in particular. Most recent episode was about a woman who was born in the United states and does not have a birth certificate or is in any way documented as existing and her struggle as she attempts to become a citizen.

Reply All

A show about the internet and Internet culture

Risk!

A story podcast. There are some really good stories here, but the host is one of the most annoying S.O.B.'s to ever exist. His initial monologue lasts from 5 to 10 minutes and I highly recommend skipping it. Be warned, there is some extremely disgusting stories on this one, all true.

Serial

Has so far gone over the case of bowe bergdahl (sp?) And Anand saied (sp?). In depth and interesting.

Snap Judgement

Another true story podcast. This host isn't as annoying as the risk! host but isn't really worth listening to either.

The Guardian's Long Reads

Newspaper The Guardian takes some of its most popular articles and reads them to you, you lazy fuck.

The Lapse

Another true story podcast

The Moth

My favorite true story podcast

The Partially Examined Life

Philosophy podcast. Not recommended if you aren't already into philosophy in some way.

The Young Turks

Hard left US politics podcast

No Agenda

Right wing podcast that pretends it isn't right.

Thinking Sideways

Podcast about unsolved mysteries. Pretty level headed hosts that keep it interesting

This American Life

Ira Glass says things and they are interesting.

This is Actually Happening

True Story podcast about being in horrible situations

Uhh Yeah Dude

Two guys say stupid shit for an hour and have been doing it for over 10 years

Us and Them

Podcast about challenging your preconceived notions about others

That's all I've got.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.