Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

PLEASE LEND ADVICE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dr. frink one, Oct 16, 2001.

1. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

want to start airbrushing....
    let me know if you know of good airbrush brands,
    compressors
    how much i should pay for paint....
    how much for anything else
    and how much canvasses are.

I am going out tommorrow. Maybe if I have some extra cash I'll finally fulfill seekings dream of having a canvas...haha

2. smeoo

smeoo Senior Member

be prepared for a lot of stuffing around for a pretty average outcome..i tried it once a few years ago but all that masking and cleaning of nibs and whatnot had me pulling teeth...not a fan of the airbrush just quietly..

3. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

hmmm ive always wanted a air brush for super detailed canvass' but i never had the cash and i you can get some chill efects from a normal can

4. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 Senior Member

airbrushing takes alot of time and effort...but for real it is a pain in the ass...if you fuck up and decide not to clean it YOU'RE FUCKED

5. Airbrushing is difficult but if you can burn with a can then you already have a step up on alot of people. It is different ,but how you lay your colours is pretty much the same. Most of the work I have done is freehand work, I rarely use stencils cuz they are a pain in the ass. Be patient, dont expect that the first time you paint you will do something wicked, Try and learn the brush on scrap paper, understand how the flow works,how thin your paint is. I use a pache airbrush model Vl it seems to serve its purpose.About $150 Canadian is what I paid came with a couple mixing jars and connecting hose. At first I used a shitty ass Canadian tire compressor and it did suck. It was loud as sin,and it didn't have a proper regulator. Spend your money on a good compressor ,I paid almost $800 but Its has already paid for itself in the 1st year I used it. There is alot of troubleshooting when airbrushing so many things to take into consideration, paint to thin or thick, Not enough pressure,Maybe too much.I run at about 40-80 Pounds. Peep some of my work in the benching Canvas styles pt2 :D :D ;)

6. dr. frink one

7. dr. frink one

how can it pay for itself?

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

professor Frink professor frink, he makes ya laugh, he makes ya think with the hey and the... damn monkies...

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

11. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

iv found that if your on a budget, buying the wood, and canvans, and streching the shit yourself is much cheper than buying a ready to go canvas, you can also make the size what ever the hell you want that way too. it can be a pain in the as though, making the frame, and all, dont forget to gesso the canvass either, most ready to go canvasses come pre gessoed(sp?) i belive