PLEASE HELP A LITERATE PERSON FIX A COMPUTER

Guest KING BLING

Guest KING BLING

I need computer advise, and trust me I did search for previous threads. I need very specific answers and this site has taught me 1/2 of what I know about computers, not being a designer or a hax0r...

I have a Dell (fuck there shit bag no help at all hindu fucking slave labor who want to transfer you forever) lap top

1) I think my hard drive has a physical problem. It squeels like a set of breaks on a white trash car. It has difficulty downloading, using multiple significant applications and constantly crashes forcing the computer to restore itself. My memory is pretty packed but not even at 85%. Will removing files than perhaps running a fix it program repair it? My attempts to defrag via Norton seem to crash it, though I can use it otherwise in its current shit state. It hasn't been damaged, though it has been left on for a few days here and there which I suppose could hurt a compact lap top.

2) My computer when I purchased it had top of the line everything. The manufacturer wants to charge me $700 for my LCD which is 17" and broken as shit. This is retarded, but it doesn't matter since I use a desk monitor now. BUT, how does one go about finding cheaper alternatives in price that are reliable? I doubt my install capabilities but even a link for this might help...

Anyone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just skimmed over your post so maybe I missed something.

But what does you being literate have anything to do with your broken computer?

If anything you'de get sympathy if you were not literate. (But then you wouldn't be able to post here I guess)

At any rate, your smart enough to read, your smart enough to figure that shit out on your own

Goodluck with it homina.

Guest imported_Tesseract

As far as problem No1 i have the following to say. First of all stop using norton utilities. You hard disk may be a)heavily fragmented, b) having a bad sector(s) somewhere or you could be having virus's worms and shit like that slow you the fuck down.

First of all BACKUP EVERYTHING YOU NEED NOW!!!

I suggest you clean out anything you dont need until you reach at least a 40% of clean space on the drive...after that use diskeeper to defrag the drive ( Thats hands down the best software for defragmentation out there, it uses the windows engine to do it but so much faster and so much more reliable..trust me on this..if that software cant do it you're fucked)

the free trial is here

After that and if shits still slow and stupid, run a check disk to see if you have bad sectors..if you do and they're not located where windows are and your disk is big enough you may need to cut a partition on the disk so you can keep the damaged area out of your system.

I supose you've already checked for virus's and spyware.

good luck.

are you sure it's your hard drive making the noise, and not a fan or some other mechanical component? there's absolutely no reason for your hard drive to be making any noise other than what it makes normally while it's reading itself/seeking. if it is in fact your hard drive then there's probably something physically wrong with it... possibly a defect. if you're still under warranty, definitely have them replace it. i'm not really familiar with the physical layout of the inside of a laptop, but if it's possible, try to stick something into the fan blades to make them stop and see if that helps the noise or not (it shouldn't damage the fan). if it's really your hard drive making that noise, then no software on earth can help you, and you'll need to replace it if you want your computer to perform normally.