Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

played out tats

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Giving Tree, May 5, 2003.

1. Giving Tree

Giving Tree Senior Member

ok.. i've got a few star tats floating around on my carcass in various spots, and now i wanna get two more under my arms..

the problem is that everyone under the fucking sun has a star tattoo SOMEWHERE on their body and it kinda chaps my ass.

they arent nautical.. just ultra wide outline work with a solid color fill.. outline is like 1/4 inch thick and they are all 3 inches wide *(i use em kinda like milestone markers.. for when big things happen)* well i got engauged *(or castrated.. which ever you prefer)* and so i wanna get one on the arm.

before i get a lecture about how i shouldnt get tats for shit like this.. whether i like it or not in the future it is a significant part of my stupid life.. and thats the point. so even if it sucks, i'll always remember the suck.

so what do you think? time for something new? i was thinking maybe just big circles in the same manor as i previously described.. 3 inches with 1/4 outline.. just wanna keep it simple and ambiguous

p.s. i need to go back to fucking spelling class.

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I call them emo stars.

3. Giving Tree

figured as much.

thats why i wanna stray away.. i've already got a good number of these fuckers.. but i love stars.

and PLEASE dont pigeon hole me into the emo star thing.. i got my first few when i was 16.. so that was... 7 years ago.

way before emo would have gotten past my cypress hill listenin ass.

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I'm a big fan of just lines... like around the arms of legs.

Let me find a pic...

Crappy far away pic of the drummer from Finch:
    http://www.cmp-members.com/presents/pages02/img/finch/finch_pola05.jpg'>
    His right arm. Just two thick lines.

5. Giving Tree

haha. while searching for rage's line tattoos i found:

"I just recently got my first tattoo. It is a rose in a spiderweb w/my name in a ribbon wrapped around the stem.
    This tattoo is unique b/c of the many trial and errors I have been through.....and even though I struggle somewhat the red rose w/ribbon(name) let's me know that I will always be who I am; but more LO-VE-LY than before! "

"I've got a big tribal tat that goes underneath both of my boobs. the ride side is all swirly and pretty and the left side is jagged and harsh. there's some shading that runs between my boobs and down my stomach. on top of my boobs it becomes kind of a tentacle thing with a diamond in the middle. people can't help but stare at it and guys always buy me free drinks at the bars!!!! score!!! "

haha.

6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

I'm getting this tattooed on my face:
    [​IMG]

7. brooksmatic

brooksmatic New Jack

i couldn't find any pics of method man's tat but it's on his forearm. it is written in some old style fancy writing and it says Death when his arm is down and when he turns it up it says Life. it's a sick tattoo, and it's hella funny listening to him explain it. "An' when I turn my arm up, BLAHH!!! LIFE!!!"

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Those stars are played.

It's really too bad becasue they are such a classic look.
    I was thinking of something nautical, just because I <3 the sailing,
    but now it's so common to have that theme.

I think that a classic turks head know with the rope texture would make a good tat.

[​IMG]

9. mos_j1

mos_j1 Member

i say you get whatever you want...and not worry what is played..as long as you dont get a fuckin tribal band...i mean if you want stars get them...if you start getting what people tell you to get then you probably wont be happy with it later...and stars arent played in a sleeve sense...if you are planning on getting sleeves then i say get them...they are easy to add on to..a lot of people do have stars...but then again..if you have any piercings think about how many people have those...if i was you i would just get what i know i would like to see on me everytime i look in the mirror...i have 3 tattoos...and they could be concidered played but i like them and i dont care what people think about them.,..i have about 5 or 6 already drawn up at the shop and all i have to do is go down and pay to get them..shit is expensive at times though...especially for stomach pieces...

10. 2slim

2slim Member

that death/life thing is soooo fucking stupid....

11. mos_j1

mos_j1 Member

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/_photos/2003-02-18-tyson-tatoo.jpg'>
    "my shit aint played"

12. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

I hate the word 'tat'.
    Mike Tyson is a nut.

13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

sweet.
    my buddy just got a tribal band. i cant stop expressing how gay it is to him. damn, i almost feel bad.

14. mos_j1

mos_j1 Member

oh dude i feel you on that topic
    our bassist just got a fuckin buddy jesus tattoo
    he will be rediculed for life

15. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

the word 'tat' is played out

furthermore, tattoos are played out