Planes, Trains, or Automobiles...

I Luv Roo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

trains are pretty expensive in comparison to busses... and unless you're riding with someone else, driving long distances sucks big time.. it's boring as shit, and you'll probably fall asleep at the wheel... if you have the money for a plane ticket, chances are you have money for a nice spot on the train..... i'd probably go for the train.. even though i voted for not leaving the house today..

Guest WIDOWMAKER
Originally posted by I Luv Roo

yeah, it makes everything SO much safer when they "randomly" search people. jeezus!

well they can't profile nowadays and target the right people.

I go the dinky-ass Burbank airport for a 45 minute flight to Oakland - and the first thing I see is a HUGE sign that says "NO JOKES PLEASE". Then they proceed to search my wallet (and no, this isn't the first time my stuff has been gone through lately), it's fine of course. I proceed to my gate where I find every single employee goofing off, joking around and singing songs on the PA system. That shit wouldn't have bothered me if there hadn't just been that fucking stupid sign as you walk in!

Nice Illusion of safety we have.

Keep to the point - planes, trains and automobiles.

I'm thinking of renting a car and driving.

Me? If i have to travel long distances I wake up around 8am and get a good breakfast, and hop in the car. Make sure to pack before you get up, its alot easier i think. Then i just start driving. Put on something you can really jam to that is up beat. When you start to get tired of sitting pull over at a rest stop someplace, get something to eat or drink, walk off into the woods for a bit smoke a j or a bowl..then get back in the car, put on some pink floyd or something, roll down all the windows, blast that shit and get to your destination. Repeat as many times as needed.

Guest --zeSto--

Pros-

Plane - Fast, Watch a movie, Sexy Stewardesses

Train - The Bar Car, beauty senics (inc. graff), steady moving)

Auto - Your schedule, pit stops as necessary, sexy hitchhiker babes!

Couch - You dont have to move your ass anywhere!

Cons-

Plane - Metal Detectors, Bad food, Bad movie, Male Stewards

Train - cramped, no entertainment, shit food, no smoking

Auto -cant drink, cant sleep, cant pee, killer hitchhikers

Couch - You're going nowhere!

And the winner is...

the plane (but only if you fly first class)

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by --zeSto--

the plane (but only if you fly first class)

they put the sexy ones up front !

Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by cornelius

trains are pretty expensive in comparison to busses... and unless you're riding with someone else, driving long distances sucks big time.. it's boring as shit, and you'll probably fall asleep at the wheel... if you have the money for a plane ticket, chances are you have money for a nice spot on the train..... i'd probably go for the train.. even though i voted for not leaving the house today..

i'd definetly ave to agree. but it also depends on how far im going...

Guest willy.wonka

i live in the middle of the pacific ocean.....from here to there, im relaxed, but terrified.i have yet to ride a train..so i voted train.-planes are better though.

TT,

the trains were great in Europe, except that I managed to get yelled at by the conductor almost every time I got on a train. I was another one of those 'stupid americans'. Even though I never did anything wrong. We got threatened to be kicked off the train every time - and finally after the third or fourth we're like....AND? they never really did shit, they just had chips on their shoulders. Enjoy your trip - drink Absinthe in Spain and Portugal!!!! For me!

I check train prices and it's not any cheaper than flying - AND I have to go all the way down to LA just to go to NM. It doesn't seem worth it.

Imma drive. I think I have an urge to hit the road. Listen to music, drink coffee, soda, skate at skateparks along the way, and enjoy the lanscape.

planes are the best, fastest, most accommidating, and when booked 14 days in advance, they are the cheapest. some even have in flight beverage and meal service along with inflight entertainment.

keep your seatbelts fastened and you traytables in thier full upright and locked position.

and keep some pain killers on hand to make it more fun

16vicodin.

how far do you have to go? i say car if its not more than a day or two drive. trains can be cool sometimes. i only like flying if its a real long distance or a shitty drive. i hate airports and ive been flying way too fuckin much this last year.

Originally posted by jah

how far do you have to go? i say car if its not more than a day or two drive. trains can be cool sometimes. i only like flying if its a real long distance or a shitty drive. i hate airports and ive been flying way too fuckin much this last year.

It's only an 18hour drive if you go the quick route. And some of the scenery is really boring - farmland, death valley, desert...

and then you hit North/east Arizona and New Mexico and it gets beautiful! I love that part of the country - it's truly wonderful.

Remember our road trip a long time ago 16v? ahh the memories...

Maybe I can find someone to drive with me...that would be fun.

hey roo.

yeah i remember. i got in a fight on that trip and came home with a black eye. that was a really fun trip though, we picked up ray and pooh and took them to vegas. the best part of that drive is stopping in vegas over night and doing some crazy stuff. it really makes that 18hour drive tolerable.

if you are ever going that way let me know cause i will share expenses/driving pretty much whenever. too bad you aren't going this weekend.

Archived