Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Pizza Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Brewster Baker, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Deine Mudder

Deine Mudder Senior Member

That looks yummy.
    Do not get why all 'merican pizza have to be greasy as fuck though!

vanfullofretards likes this.
  2. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Not the ones I'm eating- how dare you besmirch pizza's good name!

Greasy pizza is usually an excess of cheese or using meats with a lot of fat content that drips off and through the crust. Or any of those cheap shit pizzas like Pizza Hut.

vanfullofretards likes this.
  3. Deine Mudder

No offense intented but most of the pies in here really are greasy motherfuckers.

4. One Man Banned

Seriously, don't take me so seriously.
    I recognize that all pizzas are not created equal but I am still sworn to protect pizza's good name.
    Anyhow you're now making me curious to see what kind of pizza you're eating that makes what you've seen here so unappetizing, you should post a pic or two.

5. Deine Mudder

This is one I made a while back when I had access to a proper oven.
    Pretty basic - just cheese, sauce, and rocket, but top quality.

r4zzbh7b.jpg

6. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

There is a new place in my city that claims new York slice. Walked past and it's 12 dollars for a slice.

Please advise.

7. One Man Banned

You're in a different country/economy, what do you usually pay for a slice? A NY slice is going to be maybe $2.50. There's a few places that will sell $1 slices but you tend to get what you pay for with that. A NY slice should be roughly the size of 2 slices from anywhere else. I forget exactly how long I lived in NYC but wen I got there there was almost a pizzeria on every block. Surprisingly, a lot of them sucked and you had to look around for what was really good.

8. One Man Banned

Kind of minimalist, but basic can still be quite good. Not sure I approve of throwing any leafy greens on a pizza (except fresh basil of course), especially after cooking. I had one once and wasn't fully feeling it- there's nothing to hold the greens in place and they don't cook and blend with the other ingredients. Can't realy take it to go as the greens wilt, can't reheat for kind of the same reason although I guess you can just take the greens off and add them on again at the end.

Anyone else want to weigh in on leafy greens on pizza? Also how about chicken? I've heard claims that it doesn't belong on pizza but I have seen it work.

9. One Man Banned

10. One Man Banned

11. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

finally had a chance to try MOD Pizza last week.
    not bad...it came out to like $10 for a mod sized personal pizza with my coke.

Theres also a custom pizza place called Pieology I want to try, i'll post pics if and when i try it.

12. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

heres a picture of the MOD Pizza i had (yes, I like pineapple on my pizza occasionally)

my girlfriend and I apparently got to the store 5 minutes before closing so they were in a rush to make the pizza so thats why it doesnt look too appetizing...the BBQ sauce was supposed to be a swirl and from what i could tell lightly put on the pizza...the guy was in a rush so he just put extra on it not in a swirl...lol...like i said before, not bad.

18426445_10212860887217249_473328111_o.jpg

13. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Either the kitchen is closed or the meal comes out as if it were any time during service.

Poor form.

CALIgula likes this.
  14. Deine Mudder

^^ that looks absolutely disgusting

CALIgula likes this.
  15. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

lol...yeah it looked disgusting but it wasnt too bad...id probably skip the BBQ sauce next time though