pit bull

chivita

man folks be givin these dog bad names they dope . but the media give them bad names saying there killers man the goverment dont who the hell to fuck with they dont let no one in peace . i want a pit but i herd that home owner insurance will turn you down is this shit true??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My friend has a pit.

She (the dog, not my friend) is the biggest suck ever.

The thing wears a flower collar and loves a tummy rub.

On the other side.... my ex-girl got mauled by a pit

and is terrified of them. Both sides of the same breed.

thats funny, key. i own a pit too. (i'll refrain from posting pics because 12oz has seen them a bunch). but to agree with your friend, samson is the biggest suck of a dog i've ever seen.

i can't believe the news has been saying that they are going to ban pitbulls, though. how can anyone who has ever owned a dog believe that an entire breed should be banned?

it's just a numbers game really.

Let's say that 10% of dog attacks are caused by pits

but 90% of pit attacks cause serious injury or death,

then the people aren't going to see that 90% of attacks

are caused by other dogs all together.

I'm gonna have 'guard geese' when I grow up.

Those fuckers are killers man! honk honk honk

I have a 5 yr old pit. I have no complains about my dog. I have 2 small kids 4 and 2 yr olds. They pull on the dogs ear and tail and my dog sits there loving every second of it. In Miami, Fl. they are illegal. It sucks because I cant walk my dog whenever I feel like it. The should punish the deed and not the breed. I love my pit.

i had me a pit for about a month and a half, it listendd to me, but the girl i was watchin it for, didnt really listen to her, and she hit it and shit. i loved that dog, wish i had one of my own, that would have been so fucking tots. It could be mean if it wanted to i guess, but it was a great dog

and to chivita, learn to type so you sound less retarded, damn kids....

i had a pit for about a year and a half and when he was about...16 months old he bit a little girl and messed her shit all up so i had to get rid of him.. which was one of the most hardest thing i have ever had to do me and my dog were mad close. he was a purebred red nosed pitbull his name was harley i'll try to get a couple pics later..

that dog banksy got some nice blue eyes, i got one that looks kinda like zoe, and an all black one with a white patch on his chest and face. the black one is 7 months old and weighs 60lbs. his dad was 105lbs, but he's the coolest dog. wouldnt give either one up for the world, their like 2 kids. but its true what you said, once you got one, you want more and more. a friend of mine has 7 or 8.

Breed Specific Legislation

Breed specific legislation (BSL) is being passed in many different states, counties, towns and countries, and is a detriment to the survival of the Pit Bull. All owners should concern themselves with the matter of BSL.

What is BSL?

BSL is legislation that targets specific breeds of dog (namely Pit Bulls and "pit bull types") because they are supposedly inherently dangerous and therefore deserving of prejudicial rules and regulations. BSL can be loosely divided into two types:

Type 1--Bans

Bans make it illegal to own, house, harbor, import, train, or breed any of the dogs listed in the legislation in a particular location. Dogs that already exist in the area of the ban are usually grandfathered in, but their owners have to comply with extensive laws in order to keep their animals. These laws usually require owners to take out expensive liability insurance on their dogs, muzzle the dogs in public, keep the animals confined in kennels, mandatory spay/neuter, among other things.

Type 2--Ownership regulation

Regulation legislation doesn't outright ban a breed, but rather makes it extremely difficult to own a certain breed. Requirements such as liability insurance, mandatory spay/neuter, higher licensing costs, muzzling in public, etc. are typical of legislation like this. Ownership regulation also places age limits on who can own or handle certain breeds. Through this type of legislation, the government is basically deciding who is and who is not allowed to own certain dogs.

What's the point of BSL?

The supportors of BSL claim their goal is to put an end to dog attacks by targeting certain breeds of dog that are "inherently vicious/dangerous", and dogs that tend to appeal to people who are involved in criminal activity (i.e. drug dealers, dog fighters, gangbangers, etc).

Why BSL is BS

While it is quite obvious that there is a problem in some communities regarding loose dogs harrassing/attacking people, criminal activity involving the use of dogs, and dog attacks in general, BSL fails to reduce the occurance of these problems because it fails to address the root cause: people. BSL doesn't work because it is purely predjudicial in nature. Instead of punishing owners who are irresponsible and criminals who use dogs for illegal purposes, the legislation targets dogs for simply existing, and people's rights to own the breed of dog they so choose.

BSL is also largely based on misinformation and truth-twisting, its authors citing the "inherent viciousness" of certain dog breeds as plenty reason to outlaw even those dogs that have never acted in a criminal fashion. Bite statistics are also used as justification since "pit bulls" often top such lists. Of course, no breed is inherently vicious, and the accuracy of bite stats are suspect as best.

Bite Statistics:

Dog Bite Statistics are unreliable sources of information regarding the "viciousness" or dangerousness of breeds for the following reasons:

1) Very few people can accurately identify dog breeds.

2) Breeds are not listed individually, but rather under group headings. For instance, under the heading "pit bull", you will find no less than 3 distinct breeds, mixes of any of those three breeds, any dog that appears to be one of those breeds, plus any misidentified dogs. And make no mistake, dogs get misidentified all the time. There is a case of an Akita attack that was reported as a "pit bull attack" in the media. This author's dogs have been mistaken for Boxers, Bulldogs, and yes, one was even mistaken for an Akita. Just about any Pit Bull owner can tell you of many cases where their dog has dealt with a case of mistaken identity.

3) Bite stats take into account only reported bites.

4) Bite stats do not take into account the dogs of a specified breed who do NOT bite. No one knows the overall percentage of Pit Bulls who bite compared to, let's say, the percentage of Dalmatians or Golden Retrievers who bite.

5) Bite stats do not list "provoked" bites that occur at grooming shops and veterinary offices. If you took a survey of groomers and veterinarians, I'm sure you'd find an overwhelming majority of them would tell you that the small, "cutesy" dogs that people generally hold as harmless are the dogs that give them the most trouble. This author is an ex-groomer and can attest to the fact that the big dogs, particularly the Pit Bulls, and other similar breeds, are by far the most cooperative.

6) Bite stats DO list the truly provoked bites, i.e. dogs who have bitten after being teased/harrassed/abused.

Why Breed Specific Legislation Doesn't Work:

1) Current laws are barely enforced. New laws are going to be heaped on top of old ones, for what purpose? Take something as simple as the leash law. It is not very often enforced. Leashes save lives, they prevent dog bites and attacks. It is a simple, yet extremely effective means of lessening dog problems. The blatant disregard for leash laws is not something that should be allowed to go on.

2) BSL takes time, money and man-power to enforce. The responsibility for the enforcement of laws falls on Animal Control and sheltering systems. These are agencies that are already dealing with massive surpluses of animals, more calls than they can sometimes handle. Now they are being forced to deal with the additional weight BSL dumps on their shoulders.

3) BSL is predjudicial in nature. It punishes dogs and owners who have done nothing wrong. It is discriminatory against people who choose to own a particular breed of dog.

4) All dogs bite. All dogs can inflict harm. There is no scientific study to prove that one breed of dog bites more or causes more injury than any other breed of dog. There have been cases of tiny dogs, under 20 pounds killing or seriously injurying children.

5) If Pit Bulls and similar breeds are outlawed or severely restricted, one of two things happen: criminals and irresponsible owners will continue to get their hands on the dogs and simply ignore laws, or they will turn to other breeds to suit their purposes.

Alternatives to Breed Speficic Legislation:

1) Enforcement of generic dangerous dog laws, laws that hold owners accountable for the actions of their dogs regardless of breed.

2) Enforcement of leash laws. Let's be real strict about this. Tickets should be handed out like candy to individuals who disobey this law. Fine owners who let their dogs run loose or fail to keep them in enclosures that they cannot escape from. Let's have a 3-strikes and you're out law for people who refuse to keep their dogs under control. Use the money collected from these fines to fund community dog safety and responsible ownership programs.

3) Stop making excuses for animal cruelty, neglect, and irresponsible ownership. There need to be huge fines for those involved in any inhumane or irresponsible activity with animals.

More on bite stats...(by Rottnut)

Do Pit Bulls bite more than any other breed? Do they really top some "most dangerous dog" chart? Does such a chart even exist? These answers to this questions are, respectively: "There is no way to know", "No", and "No". Want more information? Read on.

Millions of people are bitten by dogs across the US every year, and the population is clamoring for a scapegoat on which to place the blame. Supposed "bite statistics" allow an outlet for such anxiety. However, how accurate are these stats, really?

1) There is no national registry for such information. Most communities keep their own stats. In my county, for example, they are kept by the health department.

2) Most bite reports are based on information collected from the victim and/or a witness. This means that the dog's breed is named by the victim. Since both my Rottweiler and French Bulldog have been referred to as "pit bulls" by passersby I give very little credence to the victim's identification of a dog involved in a bite case.

3) Mixed breeds may or may not be lumped in with purebred dogs in such stats. I have seen the raw data collected by my county, and then heard the numbers released to the media..... they usually don't add up..... hmmmmmm

4) Without knowing the population of a given breed in a particular area, there is no way of knowing whether 10 bites by a given breed represent one really evil dog who has bitten many people, or 10 dogs who have each had a single incident.

5) Statistics are only as good as their interpretation. Any researcher will tell you so. "Who funded the study??"

taken from here. there are a lot of things to consider when getting any dog, but especially a pit. do the research first.

Never in a million years would I have guessed pitbull veterans would be capable of such grammatical wizardry. It's on the same level of astonishment as finding out the 'in-car shotgun rack' was invented in Alabammer. Really, I'm shocked here...

Originally posted by chivita+Oct 28 2004, 04:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chivita - Oct 28 2004, 04:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>man folks be givin these dog bad names they dope . but the media give them bad names saying there killers man the goverment dont who the hell to fuck with they dont let no one in peace . i want a pit but i herd that home owner insurance will turn you down is this shit true??

[/b]

Originally posted by XCALET@Oct 29 2004, 10:19 AM

I have 2 small kids 4 and 2 yr olds.

Originally posted by Then Away@Oct 29 2004, 11:09 AM

i had me a pit for about a month and a half

Originally posted by ink face@Oct 29 2004, 01:56 PM

that dog banksy got some nice blue eyes

<!--QuoteBegin-chivita@Oct 29 2004, 04:20 PM

thanks foe the tip

Whenver some dumbass gets attacked there's this big poot over how this and this breeds should be banned.

"Well I was just pokin' em in the face with a stick and for no reason at all he attacked me!"

Maybe if mothefuckers watched where their dogs went and had a fence we wouldn't have this happen.

Guest KING BLING

26SidedCube said it best. I really fucked with some peoples head at a party when I explained that like a quarter of black people in Brooklyn have pits...they were all offended but white...

yeah its all a matter of how theyre raised...every time i tell someone how much i love rottwielers (sp?) they talk about how mean they are, but ive had tons and then only time they buck up is when they think a kids in danger or something....

so yeah, its like that with all dogs, with the exception of fucking CHOWS- augh- the wost dogs in the whole world, they all need to just die.

Originally posted by OriginalSin@Nov 1 2004, 12:16 PM

yeah its all a matter of how theyre raised...every time i tell someone how much i love rottwielers (sp?) they talk about how mean they are, but ive had tons and then only time they buck up is when they think a kids in danger or something....

you're right...its all how they're raised...

my killer

IM000365.jpg

Archived