Pirate Radio In DC Calls For Protests

GamblersGrin

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/17810.asp

Pirate radio calls for inauguration protests

Dec. 23, 2004

An unauthorized radio station in the nation's capital called for "massive protests" in the week leading up to the January 20 presidential inauguration. The station broadcast Wednesday at 1680 AM and identified itself as "Guerrilla Radio, WSQT." During the identification message, an announcer said, "WSQT is a project of urban activists in the D.C. area working on housing issues, homeless issues, issues of war, issues of occupation both at home and abroad, and issues of the environment that we all have to live in." After being tipped by a reporter, an official with the Federal Communications Commission said enforcement investigators will try to pinpoint the transmitter using direction-finding equipment. A man responding to a request for an interview sent to an e-mail address that had been mentioned on the radio told CNN the station uses a homemade transmitter and a concealed antenna. "It's about $40 in parts from Radio Shack and the Dumpster," he said in a telephone interview Wednesday afternoon. The caller's voice sounded similar to the voice heard on the broadcasts throughout the day. Other programming featured rap music with urgent, unsettled lyrics that were generally shouted instead of sung. The station's poor audio quality made the vocalizations nearly unintelligible. An unidentified announcer said, "It's time to say no to Bush and no to a ban on abortions." The announcer also called on the Supreme Court justices to "get off your butts" and free people unfairly imprisoned on drug convictions, and further stated that "we know you can hear our signal up there, and all you people in Congress." There is no authorized radio outlet in the Washington area on the frequency used by the protesters, federal records show. CNN monitored the signal on a conventional car radio as far away as the Maryland suburbs, about 10 miles from downtown Washington. An FCC monitoring station is within reception range of the signal, the agency official said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a feeling that all that will happen is that everyone will march into a protest pin and then get their ass kicked by cops, and not be anywhere near where the president is.

[/quo

Usually its the cops that get their asses kicked if thos protesters know what thier doing.

The only protestors that the media really shows are the nice little honky people fighting agaisnt abortion and all that other nonsence.

But there are other protestors who will try and start riots with the police and cause extreme amounts of damage and they are usually well organized.

there is going to be MASSIVE security on this shit.

pretty fucked, considering the $30million pricetag

during WWII there were no inaugural celebrations, because the government understood it wasn't the time or the place.

dubya is so karmically fucked.

i'd like to join the protest anyway, i feel like it wouldbe kinda cathartic.

i need my voice to be heard somehow i guess

and my boss could give a flying fuck if i get arrested protesting his parade.

ha pirate radio strikes again! shits going to be out of control, worse then philly was, i want to be there but think it might be a bad idea, looking like a terrorist and all.

I have a feeling that all that will happen is that everyone will march into a protest pin and then get their ass kicked by cops, and not be anywhere near where the president is.

[/quo

Usually its the cops that get their asses kicked if thos protesters know what thier doing.

The only protestors that the media really shows are the nice little honky people fighting agaisnt abortion and all that other nonsence.

But there are other protestors who will try and start riots with the police and cause extreme amounts of damage and they are usually well organized.

Yeah but these fucking a.n.s.w.e.r people don't know what the fuck they are doing, and half of everyone else. Everyone's just going to march right into the cops and then get the shit beaten out of them. I just say that the days where you could hold a sign and have a clever little chant and your government would let you do it...those days are fucking over.

[/quo

Yeah but these fucking a.n.s.w.e.r people don't know what the fuck they are doing, and half of everyone else. Everyone's just going to march right into the cops and then get the shit beaten out of them. I just say that the days where you could hold a sign and have a clever little chant and your government would let you do it...those days are fucking over.

have fun getting killed dude. I already heard there are gonna mad MP's, and 400,000 protesters to protest the protesters.

a pirate radio station called for a protest?! no shit!! that's awesome. now that the pirate radio stations are on board, there's no way we can lose!

:rolleyes:

im glad that people protest and all that, but id rather burn things and break things. if i was in a country where it actually mattered and the government listened, that would be one thing, but they dont listen to shit here. i figure if im gonna get hit with a club, least i can do for myself is cop a new tv.

seeks/SNOW: this shit is cold!

[/quo

have fun getting killed dude. I already heard there are gonna mad MP's, and 400,000 protesters to protest the protesters.

I ain't going to that shit. It's not going to do shit.

so all you mofugga's that are going are gonna cause my ass to be late to things that day huh....here's something that i learned from being around every single protest that has ever taken place since the mid 80's....it doesnt do shit.

unless your gonna be there with a long range rifle and a bullet i suggest you stay home.

there's thousands of ways to be heard, and im all for protest and marches that accomplish something, but if it's futile then what's the point?

penn. ave. independence, and h...shut down....and the metro stops too!!!!

jaysus, you better bring some water and some food while your out there you people.

I'm not understanding why people say this is futile.

And how really are we heard? The internet? The internet is opt-in advertising. You must seek out the message to find it... It is not broadcast live and direct to our eyeballs with brainfrying microwaves.

Besides, DC is always jammed up anyways.