Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Pirate Radio In DC Calls For Protests

Discussion in 'News' started by GamblersGrin, Dec 23, 2004.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/17810.asp

Pirate radio calls for inauguration protests
    Dec. 23, 2004

An unauthorized radio station in the nation's capital called for "massive protests" in the week leading up to the January 20 presidential inauguration. The station broadcast Wednesday at 1680 AM and identified itself as "Guerrilla Radio, WSQT." During the identification message, an announcer said, "WSQT is a project of urban activists in the D.C. area working on housing issues, homeless issues, issues of war, issues of occupation both at home and abroad, and issues of the environment that we all have to live in." After being tipped by a reporter, an official with the Federal Communications Commission said enforcement investigators will try to pinpoint the transmitter using direction-finding equipment. A man responding to a request for an interview sent to an e-mail address that had been mentioned on the radio told CNN the station uses a homemade transmitter and a concealed antenna. "It's about $40 in parts from Radio Shack and the Dumpster," he said in a telephone interview Wednesday afternoon. The caller's voice sounded similar to the voice heard on the broadcasts throughout the day. Other programming featured rap music with urgent, unsettled lyrics that were generally shouted instead of sung. The station's poor audio quality made the vocalizations nearly unintelligible. An unidentified announcer said, "It's time to say no to Bush and no to a ban on abortions." The announcer also called on the Supreme Court justices to "get off your butts" and free people unfairly imprisoned on drug convictions, and further stated that "we know you can hear our signal up there, and all you people in Congress." There is no authorized radio outlet in the Washington area on the frequency used by the protesters, federal records show. CNN monitored the signal on a conventional car radio as far away as the Maryland suburbs, about 10 miles from downtown Washington. An FCC monitoring station is within reception range of the signal, the agency official said.

2. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I have a feeling that all that will happen is that everyone will march into a protest pin and then get their ass kicked by cops, and not be anywhere near where the president is.

3. Mr. Chad

Mr. Chad Member

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

there is going to be MASSIVE security on this shit.

pretty fucked, considering the $30million pricetag
    during WWII there were no inaugural celebrations, because the government understood it wasn't the time or the place.

dubya is so karmically fucked.

i'd like to join the protest anyway, i feel like it wouldbe kinda cathartic.
    i need my voice to be heard somehow i guess
    and my boss could give a flying fuck if i get arrested protesting his parade.

5. villain

villain Veteran Member

I'm going to go too since protesting is not illegal right? I mean we still have the right to peaceably assemble and demonstrate right?

6. spectr

spectr Guest

ha pirate radio strikes again! shits going to be out of control, worse then philly was, i want to be there but think it might be a bad idea, looking like a terrorist and all.

7. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

8. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

9. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

they'll probably set up a nice little "protest zone" like at the DNC where all the punks and hippies have to stand inside a barb-wire-enclosed-area patrolled by SWAT

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

a pirate radio station called for a protest?! no shit!! that's awesome. now that the pirate radio stations are on board, there's no way we can lose!
    :rolleyes:

im glad that people protest and all that, but id rather burn things and break things. if i was in a country where it actually mattered and the government listened, that would be one thing, but they dont listen to shit here. i figure if im gonna get hit with a club, least i can do for myself is cop a new tv.

seeks/SNOW: this shit is cold!

11. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

12. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

The issue of abortion is so tiny in comparison when dealing with this illiterate boy scout. When thinking of all the reasons for my true hatred of this guy it doesn't even cross my mind.

13. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

so all you mofugga's that are going are gonna cause my ass to be late to things that day huh....here's something that i learned from being around every single protest that has ever taken place since the mid 80's....it doesnt do shit.

unless your gonna be there with a long range rifle and a bullet i suggest you stay home.

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

Haha....
    Funny funny....
    But seriously though protests are the peoples media. How else are we going to be heard?

15. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

there's thousands of ways to be heard, and im all for protest and marches that accomplish something, but if it's futile then what's the point?

penn. ave. independence, and h...shut down....and the metro stops too!!!!

jaysus, you better bring some water and some food while your out there you people.