ping pong/table tennis

Guest TEARZ

i might be revealing a little too much of my geek self here, but there is no shame whatsoever in this game. i play four or five times per week and have my own butterfly racket. this game is too hot. i've recently gotten back into it after an abscence of a few years. anyone with me? there must be. 12oz will not leave me hanging.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

i could handle getting into pingpong.

i played squash with my pops when i was

a kid and it was pretty fun too.

badminton on the other hand is

so fun its addictive.

Originally posted by BROWNer

badminton on the other hand is

so fun its addictive.

oh so very true.

squash is pretty fun too, but i never could play too seriously; i always just got geeked off of the idea of spazzing out in that little room where everything bounces. of course that was when i was little.

i think that this thread might be emblematic of when you referred to me in one post as an "unstoppable dork." heehee. i like that.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by TEARZ

oh so very true.

squash is pretty fun too, but i never could play too seriously; i always just got geeked off of the idea of spazzing out in that little room where everything bounces. of course that was when i was little.

i think that this thread might be emblematic of when you referred to me in one post as an "unstoppable dork." heehee. i like that.

haha, i don't remember calling you and unstoppable dork....:)

i like your description of squash. i never played it seriously either.

in fact, i can't do any sports seriously, it makes me feel....wack...

you should try frisbee golf man, its pretty fun. we've got

a course in my city, its lodged right in some woods...most of

the time you go and there's a bunch of people playing through,

smoking doobs and drinking beers..totally a relaxed atmosphere

and game.

bumpski mahony^

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i straight SERVED all the other patients in rehab

nobody could fuck with me

i had em lined up all nite

hahaha

maybe cuz they were all dope sick...

nah man. not really. haha. i was just bugging and for some reason you starting a thread about a motley crue book seemed to be somehow equivalent to me starting a ping pong thread. of course i'd be interested to know if a dude like you ever got down with the pong.

ping pong is for pussies.

i cant stand the thought of gently tapping that little ball. i wanna just hit the fuck out of it. unless you play forrest gump style where stand far away from the table and kock the shit outta the ball. then that could be fun.

Guest blood as ink

ping pong for hours whenever i go to my cousins house...dammit...i should have told them to give me there table for xmas...fuck oh well.

Guest got tha feva
Originally posted by BROWNer

you should try frisbee golf man, its pretty fun. we've got

a course in my city, its lodged right in some woods...most of

the time you go and there's a bunch of people playing through,

smoking doobs and drinking beers..totally a relaxed atmosphere

and game.

frisbee golf is a lot of fun, but I gotta say ultimate frisbee is where it's at. For those who don't know, it's a mix between football, basketball, and frisbee. I won't get into the rules, but that game is off the hook.

as for ping pong, we used to have a table. My parents played all the time, but I never got into it. however, the table paired with some cardboard boxes, pillows, and blankets did make an excellent fort for me and my brother when we were playing teenage mutant ninja turtles. april o'neal like what!

how's that for dorky?

prude

Guest BROWNer

haha...

i was thinking, maybe in the future, when compu-systems

are virtual, we could snazz up a game tearz.....but i'm now

thinking you are way to much of a champ for me...with that

"forehand topspin smash" talk;) i don't want to get the bozack

bruised:o

as far as 'ultimate' frisbee.....uh, i could give that a try, but

for some reason i've got a bunch of university fratboys

getting all hardcore out on some field playing 'who let the dogs out'

in my mind...total jocko style.

haha bruise browner's bozack. ha alliteration.

i'm no champ at all... i'm really just at that stage when i'm realizing how toy i actually am. i just play for fun.

frisbee is wack i must say. strikes me more of a hippy game than a jock game, but in either case i'm sure they'd be bumping "dogs."

Guest BROWNer

frisbee is wack daddy.

since this thread came up i've

had a serious thirst for some

hardcore pingpong devastation on

the tube, those boys get down.

pingpong isn't in the olympics is it?

no......

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Frisbee rocks if it's played right... none of that bullshit Ultimate crap, no rules, no teamwork. Just get a shitload of people on each side of the field, and toss it to each other. The point of the game is to catch the frisbee by preventing everyone else from catching it. This is accomplished by beating the shit out of whoever looks like he's gonna grab it first. Full tackle allowed, but once someone gets the frisbee, he/she is in the clear, and just tosses it back. This game is best played at the beach, although concrete could be quite colorful. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: I used to rock the Forrest Gump solo style in ping pong, but when it came to playing opponents I sucked kiddie nuts.

fuck yeah ping pong is an olympic sport. well "table tennis" is. i think it's in the summer olympics. yeah, those guys can get down, but there's never anything on tv in the states so i never get to see anything. i'm pretty much at that point where i think i need to go to a ping pong "club" because i'm sonning everone else that i'm playing. none of them are that special, but they're solid recreational players. i dunno haha, taking ping pong too seriously. do you ever get to see any on tv in canada? i'd love to play you sometime... name a date and place, sucka... :)

• 1 year later...

Archived