pilates,

The Leader

Any of you do pilates? If so, any specific regimen you suggest following? Any specific videos you suggest getting? Any videos you can send to me via the internerd?

I can't take classes, I don't have the money for that.. so that will be a no-go.

Any help is appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The thing is.. I need a regular "work out"

Nothing major.. I just want to get toned. A friend of mine (yes she is female) mentioned pilates. It just so happens Usher does pilates. And talk all the shit you want, but that guy wont need a gastric bypass anytime soon.

I'm just trying to eat right and get some more exercise into my "diet." My bike has a flat tire and this guy doesn't have money for a new tube.

And tae bo was fun.

On a side note, anyone here know how to use a news reader to download things and feel like walking me through it? If so, let me know, or if you already know my AIM do it up.

HEY THE LEADER.. I HAVE A SERIOUS ANSWER:

Pilates is a bitch. I tried it out about 2 years ago at Bally's. I was at the peak of my health (pretty fuckin good compared to where I came from) and that shit still kicked my ass.

Basically, if you have strong stomach ("core") muscles, this is good for you. Im a huge taebo fan, but this really doesn't compare to taebo whatsoever.

I say borrow a tape and try it out before you go crazy and buy stuff. Im sure it really does work (my muscles were spasming and I had to take a break before the class was over) but... yeh, it really wasnt my cup of tea.

Originally posted by dubsface@Jun 14 2005, 04:55 AM

HEY THE LEADER.. I HAVE A SERIOUS ANSWER:

Pilates is a bitch. I tried it out about 2 years ago at Bally's. I was at the peak of my health (pretty fuckin good compared to where I came from) and that shit still kicked my ass.

Basically, if you have strong stomach ("core") muscles, this is good for you. Im a huge taebo fan, but this really doesn't compare to taebo whatsoever.

I say borrow a tape and try it out before you go crazy and buy stuff. Im sure it really does work (my muscles were spasming and I had to take a break before the class was over) but... yeh, it really wasnt my cup of tea.

I wont be buying shit. Don't worry. I'm getting 1 dvd off of p2p and 1 dvd off of this newsgroup thing.

And don't worry everyone. I've thought of a perfect way to get rid of all this "it's for women" bullshit. I have invented a new exercise called "pirates"

Basically it's the same exact shit as pilates, only my breathing technique will be filled with yo-hos and arrgghs.

And I'll be wearing my eye patch.

niggas is soft in 2005. pilates? give me a break.

you aint hear shit about that a few years ago, people were in

great shape without that hyped up bullshit. but according to

this thread your not really in shape until you succeed at

pilates.

fuck that!

if i had to pick the gayest threads on channel zero, this one would tie with rage and nekro's 'ask a gay guy' thread.

seriously, i'd think that billy blanks tai bo stuff is worth more than pilates to a guy. women use pilates to tone.

i have found many tai bo dvd's on shareaza and torrentspy.com

haven't tried watching any of them.

Originally posted by Nutonce@Jun 14 2005, 09:59 AM

what happened to weights, running, bike, sports.

your just a faggot.

thats right.

Hes one of the faggots, that defends men that wear girls jeans.... :haha:

We had some stupid trends in my day, but this metrosexual shit is the worst trend I've seen in my 27 years..

Originally posted by SCRAWBURRY+Jun 14 2005, 11:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SCRAWBURRY - Jun 14 2005, 11:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Nutonce@Jun 14 2005, 09:59 AM

what happened to weights, running, bike, sports.

your just a faggot.

thats right.

Hes one of the faggots, that defends men that wear girls jeans.... :haha:

We had some stupid trends in my day, but this metrosexual shit is the worst trend I've seen 27 years..

[/b]

haha no doubt.

As mentioned before, I have no money. The tires on my bike are flat. I own no weights. I'm just looking for something to do while my bike is out of commission and my money is non-existant.

Also, scrawburry, I wasn't standing up for no one, I was just pointing out what a douche bag you are. And the fact that you came in this thread to announce that I "stood up" for people who wear tighter pants than you shows that you are even more of a douche than I originally suspected. Please, stay out of the thread if all you want to do is talk about boys in girl pants.

and nutonce (i think that's your name, i dont feel like re-checking) Who said you aren't in shape if you don't do pilates? Did I say that? No.. I didn't.

Once again, it's just something to keep me going while I don't have money to do what I normally do.